District 6-A Basketball Predictions

taydizzle

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South Pittsburg has a new gym and "rumored" new players, Signal Mountain has gotten a lot of new players since the new school year started, and CSAS lost seven seniors. What will this year look like? Facts? Opinions?

CSAS is young but still talented, As much as i hate to say it they may finally lose a district game this year but when it comes down to it they will still be one of the top two teams in the district

S. Pitt always has talent but they never do anything with it

Signal Mt. no comment

CSAS is young but still talented, As much as i hate to say it they may finally lose a district game this year but when it comes down to it they will still be one of the top two teams in the district

S. Pitt always has talent but they never do anything with it

Signal Mt. no comment

The district and region final four will both be at South Pitt's new gym so that should be an advantage to them. I agree with you Ice Cold, the Patriots are very young but very talented.

I think SP will surprise a lot of people this year.....

1. SP

2. CSAS

3. Signal Mtn

4. Sale Creek

5. Whitwell

6. Richard Hardy

7. Lookout Valley

The only team that South Pitt would surprise would be CSAS since they have beaten every other team over the past several years. Beating Grace or Temple would be the "surprise"!

Speaking of surprises, I heard yesterday that Silverdale has a new 6'8" kid playing for them this year who wasn't there last year. It is always a "surprise" to see how the Seahawks attract kids to their "academic" program who also happen to play football and basketball and can afford a private school education!

The only team that South Pitt would surprise would be CSAS since they have beaten every other team over the past several years. Beating Grace or Temple would be the "surprise"!

Speaking of surprises, I heard yesterday that Silverdale has a new 6'8" kid playing for them this year who wasn't there last year. It is always a "surprise" to see how the Seahawks attract kids to their "academic" program who also happen to play football and basketball and can afford a private school education!

CSAS has Coach Dragoo and he is not only the best coach in that district hands down but one of the best in TN. I don't know anything about the rest of those teams and their coaches. I would say CSAS #1 and everyone else throws their name in a hat and draws their position.

1. SP

2. CSAS

3. Signal Mtn

4. Sale Creek

5. Whitwell

6. Richard Hardy

7. Lookout Valley

purplegrad i just saw on tssaa that you all look to be single A next year........with the guys you will have coming back you gotta be pretty excited about those prospects

purplegrad i just saw on tssaa that you all look to be single A next year........with the guys you will have coming back you gotta be pretty excited about those prospects

It's gonna be interesting to see how the new district lays out... one early version that I saw made little sense to me with Van Buren in and Lookout Valley out.... Seems to me if the TSSAA wanted to keep games local it would have been the other way around.... Van Buren is a LOOOOONNNNNGGGG way to drive....

I am going to be excited about dropping down.... not because I think we will be good but because our gates will be MUCH better. I like playing the competition that we have in 6AA, but honestly, aside from CCS and sometimes ND, no one from the Chattanooga side traveled well.... Some games you would look on the visitor's side and there would be ten people sitting there.... At least playing in the Single A district I think with the natural rivalries, there will be more interest on both sides of the court.... Guess we'll just have to wait and see just who gets placed where......

South Pitt, in my opinion, is the team to beat in 6A this year and next year.... A ton of weapons and Terrell (sp) is a great player..... They will be excited to finally get some real "home" games and I think they will do very well....

• 2 weeks later...

It's gonna be interesting to see how the new district lays out... one early version that I saw made little sense to me with Van Buren in and Lookout Valley out.... Seems to me if the TSSAA wanted to keep games local it would have been the other way around.... Van Buren is a LOOOOONNNNNGGGG way to drive....

I am going to be excited about dropping down.... not because I think we will be good but because our gates will be MUCH better. I like playing the competition that we have in 6AA, but honestly, aside from CCS and sometimes ND, no one from the Chattanooga side traveled well.... Some games you would look on the visitor's side and there would be ten people sitting there.... At least playing in the Single A district I think with the natural rivalries, there will be more interest on both sides of the court.... Guess we'll just have to wait and see just who gets placed where......

South Pitt, in my opinion, is the team to beat in 6A this year and next year.... A ton of weapons and Terrell (sp) is a great player..... They will be excited to finally get some real "home" games and I think they will do very well....

Tomorrow will mark a new era in CSAS basketball. They lost two 1,000 point scorers from last year's team (Dontay Hampton/UTC and Hasaan Cobb) as well as Brian Ball/Lee, Curtis Mc Koy, Michael Johnson, Luke Ziegler, and Warren Foster. They do however have some strong returning players in Terrell Townsend, Aaron Cousin, Tyler Johnson, and Nick Jackson. Take those four with a couple of juniors and a very talented sophomore and freshman class and this team will only get better and better every day!

1. SP

2. CSAS

3. Signal Mtn

4. Sale Creek

5. Whitwell

6. Richard Hardy

7. Lookout Valley

South Pitt too undisciplined to beat CSAS. I do agree that Signal Mtn will be third. Sale Creek has a new coach that knows only that a basketball is round so I think if Whitwell hired a decent coach hey could sneak up a spot. I don't know what RH has coming back but if they lost the Zinna kid and that Big Kid in the middle they will be bad. Ivan will need the paramedics there every night. Lookout Valley has got to be better than they were last year so I would move them ahead of RH

South Pitt too undisciplined to beat CSAS. I do agree that Signal Mtn will be third. Sale Creek has a new coach that knows only that a basketball is round so I think if Whitwell hired a decent coach hey could sneak up a spot. I don't know what RH has coming back but if they lost the Zinna kid and that Big Kid in the middle they will be bad. Ivan will need the paramedics there every night. Lookout Valley has got to be better than they were last year so I would move them ahead of RH

I would probably agree with you on most of this, but time will tell. I heard that at tryouts yesterday CSAS had a couple of "surprises" with new guys trying out. They had a huge number at tryouts. What about other schools in 6-A and even 5-A. What were tryouts like? Has anyone heard anything?