District 7A

midtensportsfan

We all know that Clay Co. is suppose to be the team to beat this year but so was Pickett last year and Jackson Co. the year before that. Both teams were heavy favorites to win it, Pickett even more so last year but both teams failed to get out of the Region Semi's so i ask you who will be there at the end? Clay Co. didn't look like a team on the rise when they played last time losing badly to Westmoreland. My pick is Clay Co. to represent District 7A and Region 4A in the state tournament but it won't be as easy as some think it will! I will go with Clay Co. 1st followed by Clarkrange, JC, Pickett, Monterey and RBS and not necessarily in that order.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There will be some teams form 8A that will have a little something to say about Clay taking this region. Gordonsville and Friendship only lost one player each from last years rosters I believe. Should be an interesting year, Gordonsville goes to Clay in late November, that could give us some insight on the region early.

Gonna be interesting to watch. I think Clay Co. is the best team in the region, but are they that much better than the rest of the district? I don't know, maybe at season's start, they will be.....but this district is young, and they are gonna get much more mature. I think RBS, PC, JC are all gonna be a lot better by seasons end. Should Clay Co. be the favorite in this district and in region? I think so, they've earned that right. But I think the last two season's has proved a lot when both the favorites went down in region. Anything can happen, and sometimes its easier to be the chaser than it is the chased.

RBS only lost 1 senior last year and the bulk of the team are were freshman and a sophomore last year so when these young players for RBS get older they should be back to the way a few years back!

Your right there swanson, that's the way everyone in this district is next year except Clay co. PC gonna be playing a lot of juniors and sophomores, this year. RBS and JC are gonna be a lot like that as well. I think its gonna be fun to watch all these young teams mature. RBS, JC, or PC could all finish 2nd in the district this season, and in this district, you just never know. I think Clay co., definitely has the best team in this district, but they aren't so good that one or all of the teams behind them could beat them. I think there is a lot of parity in 7a this year. I just saw the enrollment for the schools coming up for season after this one. Thought I'd list them......now this was for football, so clarkrange wasn't listed since they play with York.

School #Students

Jackson Co 511

Clay Co 352

Monterey 350

RBS 234

Pickett Co. 187

So it looks like Jackson co will be in single A once again in 2009. Kinda surprising, I had heard they were gonna have to move back up to AA. Kinda amazing also how PC can compete with 2 schools that have almost two and three times their enrollment.

Have the coaches had the preseason meeting? Just wondered what the preseason rankings were. I am sure Clay Co. was first... Just wondered where everyone else was ranked even though it does not mean a lot. Its where you finish that counts!

From what I've heard, they have had the meeting, and of course Clay was first, C-range 2nd, with RBS, JC, and Monterey fighting for 3-5 and PC was actually picked last! Guarantee they wont end up there. Wonder when the last time they were picked last in 7A?

Have the coaches had the preseason meeting? Just wondered what the preseason rankings were. I am sure Clay Co. was first... Just wondered where everyone else was ranked even though it does not mean a lot. Its where you finish that counts!

Here is what i was told Clay was picked 1st ofcourse followed by Clarkrange, Jackson County then Monterey, Redboiling and Pickett was bringin up the rear. Now what does all this preseason stuff mean? Nuthin!

Your right there swanson, that's the way everyone in this district is next year except Clay co. PC gonna be playing a lot of juniors and sophomores, this year. RBS and JC are gonna be a lot like that as well. I think its gonna be fun to watch all these young teams mature. RBS, JC, or PC could all finish 2nd in the district this season, and in this district, you just never know. I think Clay co., definitely has the best team in this district, but they aren't so good that one or all of the teams behind them could beat them. I think there is a lot of parity in 7a this year. I just saw the enrollment for the schools coming up for season after this one. Thought I'd list them......now this was for football, so clarkrange wasn't listed since they play with York.

School #Students

Jackson Co 511

Clay Co 352

Monterey 350

RBS 234

Pickett Co. 187

So it looks like Jackson co will be in single A once again in 2009. Kinda surprising, I had heard they were gonna have to move back up to AA. Kinda amazing also how PC can compete with 2 schools that have almost two and three times their enrollment.

DON'T MEAN NOTHING.only 5 play at a time where its 100 or 1000 in student body and when JC was AA they were always smallest school in number of students and won 4 strait state championships in girls and when I was in school there was only one class and a small school won several championships in fact JC was in district with cookeville,white co.,LA, and schools like that and was always competive and the more to pick from excuse has some value but a lot in coaching and desire to win.

DON'T MEAN NOTHING.only 5 play at a time where its 100 or 1000 in student body and when JC was AA they were always smallest school in number of students and won 4 strait state championships in girls and when I was in school there was only one class and a small school won several championships in fact JC was in district with cookeville,white co.,LA, and schools like that and was always competive and the more to pick from excuse has some value but a lot in coaching and desire to win.

Umm, I don't know if you think i'm complaining or something, but I'm not. I think its amazing what PC girls and guys have been able to do with such a small sample of kids to choose from. JC being able to do what they did in AA was impressive as well, not taking anything away from them either. But its easy to move down to AA and dominate when you are one of the largest schools in single A. I also don't think PC will finish last, PC is virtually unknown at this point because they lost almost 5,000 points to graduation, so that's why they where picked last. They won't be there at years end. PC has made it to the district championship since '90, and many of those years people didn't think they could make it. Not saying that this won't be the year they don't make it, cause it very well could be.

Umm, I don't know if you think i'm complaining or something, but I'm not. I think its amazing what PC girls and guys have been able to do with such a small sample of kids to choose from. JC being able to do what they did in AA was impressive as well, not taking anything away from them either. But its easy to move down to AA and dominate when you are one of the largest schools in single A. I also don't think PC will finish last, PC is virtually unknown at this point because they lost almost 5,000 points to graduation, so that's why they where picked last. They won't be there at years end. PC has made it to the district championship since '90, and many of those years people didn't think they could make it. Not saying that this won't be the year they don't make it, cause it very well could be.

I agree good post. Having gotten a taste of what its like to travel to PC over the past 4 years (two with my oldest son at Clay and now two with JC) i can tell you its the toughest gym to win in for an opposing team. I do not think PC will finish last there is just way to much tradition up there. However it will be interesting to see how it all plays out this year thats for sure. I think we will see totally different teams at the end of the year than at the begining of the season because there is so much youth involved for several teams. As always it will be great to be a fan of the game and watch all the teams in the UC this coming year. I'm ready! lets get this thing started! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />