Boyd Buc @ South Pitt

reaction

What a game! That might be the the best high school game I ever watched. I want to give our D all the credit. If it wasnt for them we would have lost that game. Its good to know when your offense gets stopped you got a defense that has your back. Boyd played a heck of a game. I knew this game would be close & not a blowout. I just didnt expect it to go down to the wire like that. Boyd is a good team & I cant wait to watch them & Tyner go at it /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />. Now to the big plays in the game. The holding call was one of the worse calls I have ever seen. The kid was almost to the endzone when that was called. The pass on 4th down was caught. A bad throw & the kid saved his QB with a great catch. After that penalty was called and they went for the 2 point conversion again I cant say enough about our D stopping them on the 1 yard line. What a play! To end it the onside kick wasnt 10 yards but it looked like Boyds coach though different /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />. SP did what they had to do win & to see our defense play like that all I got to say is I cant wait till Trousdale comes to town. It should be another classic /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />!

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game proved to be a battle of epic proportions. The young lads on the respective clubs went to war against each other and fought until the end. There were many new Living Legends born last night. I witnessed several young lads from both sides achieve Legend Status. The defense from each respective club was magnificant. Boyd Buchanan had several young lads such as 63, 23, 30, 44, and 29 that played a really good game on defense. South Pittsburg also had several young lads such as 66, 64, 2, 21 and 6 that had outstanding games. After watching each team play 2 games before this one, I thought the young lads at SP would pull it out by 14. With under 4 minutes to play, I thought that the game was going to end up 14-0 and prove the Living Legend right once again. Oh how close, the prediction ALMOST was. Bottom line was two good teams going lining it up and knocking the you know what out of each other. The SP QB did not throw the ball near as good as I witnessed against Tyner. Was he injured going into the game or just had a bad night? Goodluck to both teams the rest of the season. I will see the young lads from Boyd again in week 10 vs Tyner and the young lads from South Pittsburg will be graced with another visit from The Legend when the playoffs role around.

Yep passing game off.............................Old Pirate says this game reminds OP of back in day matchups.

SP's faulted rushing game faced 8-9 men in the box and the passing game was simply feeble attempts.

Terrell had a terrible game and the receivers did nothing to help him out. OP will say Cody should get a lot more credit now. Terrell has got to learn not to take so many sacks. Maybe he has been watching the Tenn or Auburn QBs.

Hopefully this will not be taken harshly but the truth is the passing game simply failed when challenged in this game.

The passing game....the "big-time, athletic mobile quarterback with the strong arm" couldn't come through. This game could have been a lot different if Terrell could've hit one or two of the wide-open receivers he had in the first half. This was the difference in the game. SP should've been up by at least 14 and probably 21 going into the half. Looks like to me last year's passing game was MUCH better. The difference is, Terrell gets to throw a lot more than C.Robinson ever got to.

The fact is:

Terrell's advantages - 6'4"

Cody' advantages: Football knowledge, Scrambling ability, Accuracy, NOT taking a sack or throwing to double & triple covered receivers.

SP better work on his decision making or they will get beat in the playoffs when they have to throw the ball!

look at those stats boyd out gained that high powered 1A football team that scores 100 points a game from the look of those highlights boyd dominated this game just to many mistakes 1 yard short on that extra point trousdale might leap em now in the polls

Most of the passing yards Boyd had came on the last drive. Boyd only had one long run. It was early in the game and Bibbs ran him down to save a TD and Boyd could not get any points out of it. I give credit to Boyd for shutting our entire offense down. Our Defense saved the game for us. Both teams made mistakes but SP was still able to pull out the W. By the way I think the referee crew was the same one from the Tyner game. They threw some late holding flags in that game on long runs also.

Does anyone know what really happened on that onside kick? Very strange calls in this

game.

Boyd's player caught the ball before it went the required TEN yards. The receiving team can touch the ball before it goes TEN yards but not the kicking team. Anyone know why the Boyd coach did not have a flag thrown on him after the onside attempt? He was still on the field when we were set to start the play. Our coach had a flag thrown on him after the holding penalty wiped out our second TD. If you are going to throw flags be fair about it.

The passing game....the "big-time, athletic mobile quarterback with the strong arm" couldn't come through. This game could have been a lot different if Terrell could've hit one or two of the wide-open receivers he had in the first half. This was the difference in the game. SP should've been up by at least 14 and probably 21 going into the half. Looks like to me last year's passing game was MUCH better. The difference is, Terrell gets to throw a lot more than C.Robinson ever got to.

The fact is:

Terrell's advantages - 6'4"

Cody' advantages: Football knowledge, Scrambling ability, Accuracy, NOT taking a sack or throwing to double & triple covered receivers.

SP better work on his decision making or they will get beat in the playoffs when they have to throw the ball!

Old Pirate can't argue against any of this post. Lot of work to do. Heck, Manning has a bad day ever now and then. Just got to keep working and get better.

From watching Channel 9 sports last night, they said BB was going for the win, not a tie. They got the 2 point conversion on the first try but a penalty negated it, and they came up inches short on the next attempt after the penalty

if the above is the ase, and they had a kicker that could kick a 35 yard xp and they went for two instead then that was poor coaching. not having a kicker that is above average is poor coaching, somewhere on that soccer team is someone who coul do the job. knowing how boyd kids pull together in every sport, i can't see someone not stepping up and adding a huge piece to the puzzle. boyd athletes support as many sports as they can.c

From watching Channel 9 sports last night, they said BB was going for the win, not a tie. They got the 2 point conversion on the first try but a penalty negated it, and they came up inches short on the next attempt after the penalty

if the above is the ase, and they had a kicker that could kick a 35 yard xp and they went for two instead then that was poor coaching. not having a kicker that is above average is poor coaching, somewhere on that soccer team is someone who coul do the job. knowing how boyd kids pull together in every sport, i can't see someone not stepping up and adding a huge piece to the puzzle. boyd athletes support as many sports as they can.c

Boyd went for the win plane and simple how can you not understand that. See ya on halloween at the swamp.

Watching some footage on stump that pass looked legit.

The onsidekick was about a half a yard short of being 10 yards.

I just watched them both in slow mo several times....it looked like the catch was good (and a great one) from our camera angle and the kick was definitely short...close to a yard.

BTW....The holding call on the TD called back was a terrible call

Boyd went for the win plane and simple how can you not understand that. See ya on halloween at the swamp.

Wow,what an improvement over last year's squad for BB.I see a deep run in the playoffs for this team.D-line play was awesome.I think SP overall is not giving BB the credit due.The QB was rushed all night long for SP.RB's running room just wasn't easy to come by.Good-luck the rest of the season.Plain and simple SP won a tough game.