Jo Byrns @ Nashville Christian

Shep

The Devils travel to NC's Nest this week, hopefully not overlooking The Eagles by worrying about the revenge game against WHH on 10/17. The Eagles played The Pats close and The Devils almost handed a game to Eville via turnovers. I would love to see JB put together a complete, mistake free game in the home stretch to the playoffs. An NC win would be the highlight of their season. What's gonna happen?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Devils travel to NC's Nest this week, hopefully not overlooking The Eagles by worrying about the revenge game against WHH on 10/17. The Eagles played The Pats close and The Devils almost handed a game to Eville via turnovers. I would love to see JB put together a complete, mistake free game in the home stretch to the playoffs. An NC win would be the highlight of their season. What's gonna happen?

Shep, I believe its gonna depend on which Jo Byrns team shows up. Maybe they got all the fumbles, dropped passes and interceptions out of thier system last night. Yall are my boys, but if you expect to win this Region you are gonna have to start the game with intensity and get physical and finish the same way. You didn't look like you were ready to play Eagleville. Lets have a good week of practice and get back to playing JO BYRNS FOOTBALL!

Don't see you guys having any problems. Jo Byrns by a bunch.

JBS in a tight one... 35 - 7

JBS NEEDS TO WATCH TURNOVERS. I JUST WANT TO SAY COACH EARHEART HAS THE DEFENSE JUMPING AROUND INTO DIFFERENT FRONTS AND COVERAGES. THEY SEEM TO COME AFTER YOU FROM ALL ANGLES. SUPER JOB OF COACHING. I KNOW THIS HAS TO MAKE IT DIFFICULT TO PREPARE FOR JBS. (SINCE I SAID THIS NCS IS GUARANTEED TO SCORE 35 POINTS--HOPE NOT) JBS--40--NCS--6

It could be a trap game,BUT if the REAL JO BYRNS TEAM decides to show up it should be over pretty quick.

As for trap games,we had one of the biggest let downs to ever happen to a JBS happened to us. In the 85' season.We had just laid 56 points on CA,and the next week was an open date,so we go to APSU to watch CA beat the crap out of a team called Tennessee Prep School that we played next.Of course ,we fell for the "this is going to be a cake walk" game and had a bunch of clowning around all week at practice just taking it easy because we had Friendship Christian (or Westmoreland) next after the TPS game who we just knew we would give a beat-down and go back to business as usual with westmoreland,Friendship Christian,and DCA coming to our house,so our simple little minded idea was lets just go beat the TPS boys and get on with our regularly scheduled program.................

To make a Short story long,Tennessee Prep School beat us by a touchdown,so instead of us getting 1st place in the district and getting a "cup cake" team in the first round,we had to run into a fast,well coached Franklin Road team with a QB named Tate Rogers that was hard to sack,cannon for an arm,and was very allusive. I would say he was a poor mans version of Tim Tebow in the 80's..They found our "weak link" in the secondary and by the end of 2nd quarter it was all but over.

So what does this really mean? You can be beaten any time you walk on that field flat with zero intensity,and no emotion.When you do these things listed above you WILL become a mental midget and everything will start going wrong.

Well said #88. Was this also a time when ya'll had to play a guy from DCA named Scooter? I could see that as another reason to overlook TPS. Didn't realize JB had ever lost to them. More proof that absolutely anything can happen.

I think Scooter was late 80's, early 90's. We played them his JR or SR year and he made us look downright silly at times. We were happy to put one TD on the board.

I hope that we got that kind of play out of our system last week. Players you got to hold on to the football. We can't expect to keep winning football games with the number of dropped passes and fumbles that we had in last week's tuenover. Congrats on winning the mental edge though. Practice hard this week remember one week at a time. Nashville Christian is the only thing you are concerned with this week. Play hard stay foucued. Let's see 7-0

Well I've been cussing JB all weekend...I hope the players were as mad as I was after the E'ville game. If so, they'll come out (and leave) with some fire under them and dust-roll some Eagles Friday. The bottom line is that we've got to correct the mistakes. If it weren't for E'ville's mistakes, JB may have lost that game and they had no business losing it. We had over 400 yard of offense and only came away with 17 points. I'll save the details for the coaches but we've got to have improvement before the playoffs. The West is wide open this year and there's not a team out there thats head and shoulders above the rest. Having said that, I think JB has one of its best chances of making it to the big dance this year. It's time we start acting and playing like it.

Oh by the way...WE ARE STILL 6-0!