Greenbrier @ Sycamore

FootballAce

The Bobcats are the better of the two teams after seeing both play this year.

Catfish, you can be assured the Bobcats won't lay down for the War Eagles. So, you're saying Cody Elder, Mason Head, or Treavor Thaxton aren't playmakers? You sang their praises after the Cheatham game and Greenbrier beat Cheatham County like a drum. If I were either coach, I wouldn't be "making guarantees" way ahead of time. If Sycamore thinks that intimidates Greenbrier, they are disillusioned.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Catfish, you can be assured the Bobcats won't lay down for the War Eagles. So, you're saying Cody Elder, Mason Head, or Treavor Thaxton aren't playmakers? You sang their praises after the Cheatham game and Greenbrier beat Cheatham County like a drum. If I were either coach, I wouldn't be "making guarantees" way ahead of time. If Sycamore thinks that intimidates Greenbrier, they are disillusioned.

They are good high school football players BUT they are not playmakers. There is a difference. I was hoping that I would not have to explain the difference.

Sycamore has some good high school football players that aren't playmakers. Landon Morris & Dalton Lane come to mind right away. I am not saying that SHS has playmakers and GHS does not have playmakers. I am just saying SHS has more playmakers than GHS. How is that being "unfair"?????

I hope Sycamore wins just to shut GreenbrierCat2 otherwise known as "WhiteHouseFanToo" up in a few weeks /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

At least he won't have to hide his BDP apparel once the playoffs start /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

EZBeingGreen, the Bobcats did beat Cheatham Co. as you stated "like a drum". Congrats!!! It still doesn't mean that they beat them with a bunch of playmakers now does it????? They won with execution and a bunch of good solid high school football players. They won with the same thing they've been winning with for years now under Kirk Williams.

Aside from Roger Herndon (ability and smarts), Curt Williams (work ethic), & Duncan Williams (size and strength) there's no Greenbrier player that could have played at any D-I school. This includes I-A & I-AA as well. Not Nick Brown. Not Trevor or Ryan Dickerson. Not Jacob Aldridge. Not Kyle Herndon. Not Josh Birdwell. Not Jody Dorris. NOBODY!!!!

When you look at Sycamore you can easily name 3 right away. Wes Proctor, Josh Garza, & Jake Vaughn. You could also look at Mason Johnson, Michael Booker, Willie Vanderford, & Austin Lohin. Jason Wilson played at UTM. Jimbo Bosworth played at APSU.

Just because I am saying Sycamore has playmakers does not mean I am saying that they are going to WIN!!! They've had playmakers in the past and failed to win against Greenbrier. They got stopped at the 1 YARD LINE two times in 2003 alone. Playmakers does NOT equal Wins.

I hope Sycamore wins just to shut GreenbrierCat2 otherwise known as "WhiteHouseFanToo" up in a few weeks /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

At least he won't have to hide his BDP apparel once the playoffs start /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

EZBeingGreen, the Bobcats did beat Cheatham Co. as you stated "like a drum". Congrats!!! It still doesn't mean that they beat them with a bunch of playmakers now does it????? They won with execution and a bunch of good solid high school football players. They won with the same thing they've been winning with for years now under Kirk Williams.

Aside from Roger Herndon (ability and smarts), Curt Williams (work ethic), & Duncan Williams (size and strength) there's no Greenbrier player that could have played at any D-I school. This includes I-A & I-AA as well. Not Nick Brown. Not Trevor or Ryan Dickerson. Not Jacob Aldridge. Not Kyle Herndon. Not Josh Birdwell. Not Jody Dorris. NOBODY!!!!

When you look at Sycamore you can easily name 3 right away. Wes Proctor, Josh Garza, & Jake Vaughn. You could also look at Mason Johnson, Michael Booker, Willie Vanderford, & Austin Lohin. Jason Wilson played at UTM. Jimbo Bosworth played at APSU.

Just because I am saying Sycamore has playmakers does not mean I am saying that they are going to WIN!!! They've had playmakers in the past and failed to win against Greenbrier. They got stopped at the 1 YARD LINE two times in 2003 alone. Playmakers does NOT equal Wins.

This is where your FACT CHECKER might come in handy. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Buddy, anybody can look back at a roster, but dont' EVEN TRY to pretend to tell me you know anything about our past players now by throwing out names. Our Class of 2005 had about 7 players that went on to the APSU team. One went on to play at Cumberland, two went on to play at Lambuth. I think most of them have probably beat your alma mater soundly. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />_

Go tell Stetson and Trevor Dickerson, and Jacob Aldridge about how good they're "not". They are all working as COACHES.....not two-bit radio announcers. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

And you talk about GBCat2 pulling for WH.....which team are you for??? Any Team playing Greenbrier or White House...that's who.

This is where your FACT CHECKER might come in handy. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Buddy, anybody can look back at a roster, but dont' EVEN TRY to pretend to tell me you know anything about our past players now by throwing out names. Our Class of 2005 had about 7 players that went on to the APSU team. One went on to play at Cumberland, two went on to play at Lambuth. I think most of them have probably beat your alma mater soundly. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />_

Go tell Stetson and Trevor Dickerson, and Jacob Aldridge about how good they're "not". They are all working as COACHES.....not two-bit radio announcers. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

And you talk about GBCat2 pulling for WH.....which team are you for??? Any Team playing Greenbrier or White House...that's who.

They all quit also at APSU. The only one that stuck it out was Williams. Look it up!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I'll tell Jacob and Trevor to their faces that they weren't D-I. I'll also tell all of the players that quit at APSU the same thing. It's no shame to not be D-I. If that's an insult then you have some serious "little man syndrome" issues. I'm sure that's been the case your whole life though in all likelihood.

Being a good high school athlete doesn't guarantee success at any other levels. GreenbrierCat2 would not know that because he never had to endure the battles. I wasn't D-I. Do I take that as an insult?????? Ask anyone you see Friday and you'll get the answer.

I was still good enough to hammer your little fanny though sweetheart /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

after watching both teams against cheatham it will be a physical game sycamore will have to find a way to stop zigler and greenbrier will have to stop the running backs of sycamore the key for greenbrier willl be getttining zigler to the outside and sycamore will need to get the ball to morris and lane both have beeen runnin hard this year

after watching both teams against cheatham it will be a physical game sycamore will have to find a way to stop zigler and greenbrier will have to stop the running backs of sycamore the key for greenbrier willl be getttining zigler to the outside and sycamore will need to get the ball to morris and lane both have beeen runnin hard this year

I agree, but with Cory Carrigan being healthy for prolly the first time this season, and from the game he had last week he needs to get another twenty five touches. if that happens and Simms manages the game well then sycamore should win. If not then it will be close. You can never under estimate Greenbriar. Maybe a game like the 06 season, that would be great.