DISTRICT 1 AAA 2008-2009

TommyMan37604

Unfortunately, turning around programs take a little time. Give Coach Myers a little time to get his system in and things will come around...the season is still young.

I agree it will take time and sacrifice from all to turn program around. The girls that were starters last year and are not starting every game or getting as much playing time this year are showing much more maturity than their parents. Good to see that attitude from a great bunch of girls.

Go Falcons!!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think age should never play a part. A coach needs to put his best players on the floor reguardless of their age.

If you started last year and did not play well and someone comes in and takes it from you then they deserve to play.

I think MOST not all coaches do this in our league which is a good thing and yes some of the parents can not handle it.

How about those Lady Vikings going to DB and winning. Good game all around. To beat the preseason #1 team with Montgomery only scoring 12 says a lot about the depth of the Vikings. Might be a long year for the rest of the Big 9.

Anytime you can go to the "Dome" and get a W, it is big! I feel Tennessee High has to be the favorite right now but there is a lot of Ball left to be played.

Well last night was great. SHHS rolls over Boone. They look like a different team. The young kids looked good for the hill. Anyone know why SHHS and THS are not playing on Friday? Good win for South as well. Looks like the battle is going to come down to 3 or 4 teams. It is obvious that THS and DB are the best. Who does everyone think comes next?

Central is next, and Science Hill if they keep improving

I think you will have to consider Volunteer somewhere in the middle by mid season, we have already won as many games as last year and have greatly improved. We are now getting balanced scoring from 4 or 5 girls, committing less turnovers and starting to click. I think we will do well in Volunteer Classic, possibly win! Looks like new coach is starting to turn things around!

GO FALCONS!!!

Well last night was great. SHHS rolls over Boone. They look like a different team. The young kids looked good for the hill. Anyone know why SHHS and THS are not playing on Friday? Good win for South as well. Looks like the battle is going to come down to 3 or 4 teams. It is obvious that THS and DB are the best. Who does everyone think comes next?

THS is going to Florida for the Disney tournament. They leave tomorrow.

I think you will have to consider Volunteer somewhere in the middle by mid season, we have already won as many games as last year and have greatly improved. We are now getting balanced scoring from 4 or 5 girls, committing less turnovers and starting to click. I think we will do well in Volunteer Classic, possibly win! Looks like new coach is starting to turn things around!

GO FALCONS!!!

Not trying to run anybody down, but before you get too excited, isn't Volunteer winless in the conference still?

Boone has owned the Volunteer Christmas Classic for years, but that will end this year. Elizabethton, is probably the favorite. Crockett or Mo-East may make some noise, though.

• 2 weeks later...