Harpeth at East Hickman

eaglepride

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, don't be surprised if they don't get a win this season. It is only their second season and it takes time to build a program. I think the goal, right now, should be to show improvement every week. I have a friend from work that lives there and went to one of their middle school games last season and they looked awesome. So there should be some great talent in the 9th grade this year. As a fan, I have suffered through a startup program too, and I can say it will get better. Hold your heads high eagles! BTW, how are those kids doing that moved up from the middle school last year? They had a pretty wide open offense and were impressive.

This is a MUST WIN for Harpeth if they want any shot at all to make the TSSAA State Playoffs this year. They've beaten Loretto and can set up a situation just like last year (beat Fairview & Richland to get in) with a win this week.

East Hickman will be looking for their first win and I wish the best for Coach Jones & Co. They deserve to get a "W".

I don't think Harpeth can take anyone for granted at 2-4 and East certainly made a good game of it last year, but I don't expect things will be as easy for East as they might like. This region is top heavy. Lewis County is by far the best team that Harpeth has played this year and Hickman County is a distant second. I wouldn't use the drubbing by Lewis as an indicator of what sort of game Harpeth can bring to East Hickman. Lewis County will man handle most of the teams in this region. Their roster includes 5 over 300 pounds.

Horkins already has over 500 yards receiving. Hayes is back from suspension to give the Indians a huge boost in the return game and on the edge. Tice is making a big impact as a freshman. He's close to the lead in tackles and also has some speed on offense. The defense, with the exception of the Lewis County game, has been pretty solid. Sowell did get his 130 yard game, but it took him 30 something carries to do it.

I say look to Lorreto for that first W.

I don't think Harpeth can take anyone for granted at 2-4 and East certainly made a good game of it last year, but I don't expect things will be as easy for East as they might like. This region is top heavy. Lewis County is by far the best team that Harpeth has played this year and Hickman County is a distant second. I wouldn't use the drubbing by Lewis as an indicator of what sort of game Harpeth can bring to East Hickman. Lewis County will man handle most of the teams in this region. Their roster includes 5 over 300 pounds.

Horkins already has over 500 yards receiving. Hayes is back from suspension to give the Indians a huge boost in the return game and on the edge. Tice is making a big impact as a freshman. He's close to the lead in tackles and also has some speed on offense. The defense, with the exception of the Lewis County game, has been pretty solid. Sowell did get his 130 yard game, but it took him 30 something carries to do it.

I say look to Lorreto for that first W.

As long as Harpeth has "Mr. Peebody" on the field they will be the favorite to get a victory /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I have a good feeling about this friday, they have the same team that played last year,( minus 2 or three kids ) only older and a little bigger, the team is loaded with juniors ,so next year practically the whole starting lineup are 3 year starters so they will have experience on thier side. If the Coaches try some new things , play smart, and keep the kids mentally focused I see them getting a win Friday , It has gone to a mental thing now, they have the tools to do it.

I have a good feeling about this friday, they have the same team that played last year,( minus 2 or three kids ) only older and a little bigger, the team is loaded with juniors ,so next year practically the whole starting lineup are 3 year starters so they will have experience on thier side. If the Coaches try some new things , play smart, and keep the kids mentally focused I see them getting a win Friday , It has gone to a mental thing now, they have the tools to do it.

That's a good description for both teams actually. Harpeth is junior heavy this year and those guys mostly started as sophomores last year. I think Harpeth lost 4 from last year. Just looking at stats, it's a hard game to predict. It looks like both teams have more success through the air. That could lead to a long high scoring game.

That's a good description for both teams actually. Harpeth is junior heavy this year and those guys mostly started as sophomores last year. I think Harpeth lost 4 from last year. Just looking at stats, it's a hard game to predict. It looks like both teams have more success through the air. That could lead to a long high scoring game.

Almost all of the juniors on Harpeth started or played there freshman year. Experience will get them far. When they were freshman I know of at least half of the season there was 3 or 4 freshman starting on the offensive line alone. Along with Roark and Horkins starting on offense. Hayes starting on special teams. I really do not understand how Harpeth is 2-4 right now. This was the season I thought things would start to turn around, but I guess I know when things will start turning around finally and that is in the hands of the coaches not the players.

I do think Harpeth wins this game though, but should be another tough one.

Well, I think right now Harpeth would love to have the Waverly and East Robertson games back. They have improved a ton on both sides of the ball since the first of the year and Harpeth led in both of those games in the 4th quarter and let them get away. Shot themselves in the foot in the first half against Hickman County and then just ran out of gas in the second. Depth is still somewhat of an issue it seems. Still, I think Harpeth fits smack dab in the middle of this region with Lewis, Hickman and Fairview above them and Loretto, Richland and East below. But, they have to execute and play to their potential every week. You don't win them on paper.