Harpeth at East Hickman

eaglepride

Here's the PF-PA stats for the region:

Lewis County PF-32.00 ppg, PA- 9.33 ppg

Hickman County PF- 27.83 ppg, PA- 14.00 ppg

Fairview PF- 21.14 ppg, PA- 19.14 ppg (played LC and HC)

Harpeth PF- 17.33 ppg, PA- 23.17 ppg (played LC and HC)

Richland PF- 6.5 ppg, PA- 11.83 ppg (played LC)

East Hickman PF- 12.3 ppg, PA- 39.17 ppg

Loretto PF- 7.0 ppg, PA- 34.83 ppg (played HC)

I always love for someone to bring the stats in (that's just my thing). Having seen both teams play here's what I think (for what it's worth). I think that Harpeth has better players and playmakers than Richland. I've said before that Richland played surprising good, solid defense, while their offense was none existence. It also seem like Richland was playing to win while Harpeth was going through the motions of a game. Richland played much more physical of the two. If both teams come to play then Harpeth should win. With that being said I don??™t think that Harpeth will beat Fairview or end up with 5 wins. Fairview is good with a lot of weapons. I think they are the best team the LC has played and are more physical then both Harpeth and Richland. None of my words are intended to disrespect anyone.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always love for someone to bring the stats in (that's just my thing). Having seen both teams play here's what I think (for what it's worth). I think that Harpeth has better players and playmakers than Richland. I've said before that Richland played surprising good, solid defense, while their offense was none existence. It also seem like Richland was playing to win while Harpeth was going through the motions of a game. Richland played much more physical of the two. If both teams come to play then Harpeth should win. With that being said I don??™t think that Harpeth will beat Fairview or end up with 5 wins. Fairview is good with a lot of weapons. I think they are the best team the LC has played and are more physical then both Harpeth and Richland. None of my words are intended to disrespect anyone.

Lets not forget that we have to beat East Friday. After we roll over them we will worry about rolling over Richland. After we roll over them, we can worry about fairview. Fairview is better than people might think, but we still will beat them. It all starts friday with HC's JV. We already smacked them once this year in our freshman game. Same result on friday. GO TRIBE!!!!!!!!

Wrong, it was still the varsity in the game for the last TD. I know all of those kids. And if the players were smack talking, well, they are middle school kids. I would hope the coaching staff is more mature than to resort to those kind of tactics. Play hard and beat them on the scoreboard, but don't resort to cheap play to tarnish a good performance by your team. And don't assume for a minute that middle school success always translates to high school success. Too many variables. Kids quitting, kids failing, kids getting jobs, etc. It will all have to play out before we really know how Hickman and East will be after this year.

Knowing Centerville like I do, if the shoe was on the other foot they would not let up. I am glad they got a thrashing like they did. Well deserved, sorry it was "Middle School kids" , now they know thier place in the county for thew rest of thier School days. It could have been a whole lot worse,all the Varsity was NOT all in, a few were. East pulled thier varsity and put in the JV and the brilliant HC coach kept his varsity in trying to keep pounding the JV, so it was answered. It makes sense to me. As far as the High School goes , Hickman county is enjoying this season compliments of several key players that came from East Middle School. The Bulldogs have a great team this final year of the dynasty, I hope they go all the way.

Knowing Centerville like I do, if the shoe was on the other foot they would not let up. I am glad they got a thrashing like they did. Well deserved, sorry it was "Middle School kids" , now they know thier place in the county for thew rest of thier School days. It could have been a whole lot worse,all the Varsity was NOT all in, a few were. East pulled thier varsity and put in the JV and the brilliant HC coach kept his varsity in trying to keep pounding the JV, so it was answered. It makes sense to me. As far as the High School goes , Hickman county is enjoying this season compliments of several key players that came from East Middle School. The Bulldogs have a great team this final year of the dynasty, I hope they go all the way.

Glad that those Centerville kids "know their place place in the county for the rest of their school days." I believe if you check your records, East Middle has had much football success over Centerville recently, but top to bottom considering ALL sports, Hickman Middle has held their own with the eagles. And I'm glad you know Centerville like you do. I believe that Coach Swenson called the dogs off last year when he could have beaten your high school by 100 if he wanted to, and this is how you repay us. Coach P was in the stands last week and I hope he has a good memory in a couple of weeks. And better get more than 25-30 kids out for football if you plan on those Centerville kids "knowing their place" for years to come. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

No disrespect taken ddaddy. The stats don't lie. It also appeared to me that Harpeth lost their fight in the Lewis County game after the blocked punt and the TD off the short field on the next possession and started 'going through the motions'. They had the air let out of them and then they quit. They were intimidated by Lewis County it seemed. A lot of teams in this region have that problem.

This 3 game stretch for Harpeth against East, Richland and Fairview yielded only 1 win last year, but all 3 games were evenly contested though Harpeth didn't play well against either East Hickman or Richland. They finally pulled away and won 25-14 against East, then lost to Richland 13-6 in a game where the Indians just didn't execute on offense. The Fairview game was a barn burner going to OT with Fairview winning 28-27. This year all 3 of those games are on the road, which might make a little difference, though I haven't noticed that Harpeth plays any differently home or away.

The Indians aren't looking ahead to anyone, but it's an important 3 game stretch to be sure. A bunch of the freshmen and sophomores know Coach P over on East's sidelines from his middle school days at Harpeth and their quarterback grew up with all our guys before moving to Lyles. It's a natural 2A rival like Fairview that I hope will be maintained when the 2 go to different regions next year.

Glad that those Centerville kids "know their place place in the county for the rest of their school days." I believe if you check your records, East Middle has had much football success over Centerville recently, but top to bottom considering ALL sports, Hickman Middle has held their own with the eagles. And I'm glad you know Centerville like you do. I believe that Coach Swenson called the dogs off last year when he could have beaten your high school by 100 if he wanted to, and this is how you repay us. Coach P was in the stands last week and I hope he has a good memory in a couple of weeks. And better get more than 25-30 kids out for football if you plan on those Centerville kids "knowing their place" for years to come. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I hope you think it will be a walk in the park when East comes to the Mighty Centerville. We have to re-pay you for not beating us by 100 ???? By keeping the score down in the middle school game ? Boy you are really talking sense. We are expecting the Bulldogs to show no mercy thanks to all the warnings given out by , James Crab#@$% , he is letting the intentions be known how they are going to hold nothing back and murder us.............ya think were scared?????? not...... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> . Coach Jones will have the team ready so please come on the field expecting a easy task to demolish East.........lol

See? I'm gonna miss this! East and Hickman will have their rivalry in the new region and Harpeth and Fairview will be plugging away at each other in their 3rd different region in 4 years starting next year. I take back what I said in the Fairview thread, I guess we are bitter rivals since we are each other's only common region opponent for this group of players high school careers. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Here's hoping that TSSAA will leave the classifications alone for awhile and let these rivalries develop.

I hope the Eagles get their first win this Friday, but win or lose, one thing for certain is that Coach Jones and his program will show more class than their middle school. I try to pull for the Eagles as long as they're not playing HC, but after watching EHMS run the score up on HCMS with less than two minutes to go and a 43-14 lead, it's becoming harder to do. Running a trick play and throwing a long touchdown pass late in the game when all you have to do is take a knee makes your whole program look back, not just your school. Kudos to Coach Jones, regardless of record, for showing his players how to play the game with class. And shame on you Coach Harris for ruining a stellar performance by your team by resorting to a bush league play like that to end the game.

I happened to know one of the Refs at that game, he told me that the Hickman County coach had no control of his players during the entire game , also they were very "low class" bunch. I was not there, and did not see it , but from the reports, very bad behavior from Centerville players and parents.

I hope you think it will be a walk in the park when East comes to the Mighty Centerville. We have to re-pay you for not beating us by 100 ???? By keeping the score down in the middle school game ? Boy you are really talking sense. We are expecting the Bulldogs to show no mercy thanks to all the warnings given out by , James Crab#@$% , he is letting the intentions be known how they are going to hold nothing back and murder us.............ya think were scared?????? not...... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> . Coach Jones will have the team ready so please come on the field expecting a easy task to demolish East.........lol

This James kid....how did he end up playing ball in Centerville when he played for East Hickman last year?

All I'm saying is what goes around comes around. I remember an EHMS girls basketball coach that once ran the score up on HCMS, then the next year got his tail kicked by about 30. Sports talent runs in cycles. Most public schools can't be on top all of the time, so why rub someone's nose in the ground? Chances are eventually it will come back to bite you. And you probably don't believe this, but many folks in Centerville try to keep up with East and pull for them when they're not playing the Dawgs, myself included. It's idiots like you making comments like "now they know their place in the county" that makes it hard for Bulldog fans to support your school. And if indeed the Centerville players were running their mouths, it should have been addressed differently than stooping to that level. The East coaches had a chance to be the bigger men, and handle the situation with class, but they failed to do so. If Centerville was being the classless team, and they may very well have been, East stooped right down to their level by running the score up.

All I'm saying is what goes around comes around. I remember an EHMS girls basketball coach that once ran the score up on HCMS, then the next year got his tail kicked by about 30. Sports talent runs in cycles. Most public schools can't be on top all of the time, so why rub someone's nose in the ground? Chances are eventually it will come back to bite you. And you probably don't believe this, but many folks in Centerville try to keep up with East and pull for them when they're not playing the Dawgs, myself included. It's idiots like you making comments like "now they know their place in the county" that makes it hard for Bulldog fans to support your school. And if indeed the Centerville players were running their mouths, it should have been addressed differently than stooping to that level. The East coaches had a chance to be the bigger men, and handle the situation with class, but they failed to do so. If Centerville was being the classless team, and they may very well have been, East stooped right down to their level by running the score up.

I dont know who your speaking for, but i want to beat east as bad as we can every time we play. When the chance is there to run it up.......... we do it! The James kid should have stayed at East, he is not so bad, his dad is a real jerk, the mother wont shut up with all that screaming hurtin our ears.

This James kid....how did he end up playing ball in Centerville when he played for East Hickman last year?

He is playing illegally, but what do you expect ? Just because stinky breath owns house in Centerville he uses that to justify his actions, and then once there has the nerve to talk bad about Coach Jones, and East. For the record nobody around here likes the guy, I wish he would go back East.