Chester Co. vs. Trinity Christian Academy

Stockerd

TCA is riding alot of momentum coming into Chester County. The Eagles have put up impressive offensive numbers, but also have been giving up alot of points. TCA has also put up some points this year, but their defense is starting to come around. TCA held Manassas to 22points and JCS to 17 in regulation. I like TCA in this game because of Jabriel Washington and Hagen Nelson. Both players gashed Chester Co. last year in TCA's 34-12 victory. I Like TCA with 28 and Chester with 20. We all know TCA likes close ballgames! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could some Chester Co. people or people who have played Chester this year give their input on this game.

This is according to some of my football player students:

"We're a good team and TCA's a good team, but we've improved so much from last year, and people still underestimate us. They don't show us the respect that they show other teams with the same record, and if they can't respect us, they don't need to be trash-talking us."

This is according to some of my football player students:

"We're a good team and TCA's a good team, but we've improved so much from last year, and people still underestimate us. They don't show us the respect that they show other teams with the same record, and if they can't respect us, they don't need to be trash-talking us."

Well, im pretty sure TCA wont be underestimating anyone this year. I know last year when TCA played Chester, the players for TCA knew they would have to play good to beat the eagles. The year before that, TCA trailed Chester 7-6 at the half before rolling in the second half to a 42 - 7 win.

TCA is in the same boat however. As long as TCA plays football they will be overshadowed by the likes of USJ and JCS.

It always seems like whatever mile stone TCA reaches. Beating USJ in 2003, Beating JCS this year, going 10-3 last season, winning their region last year in dominant fashion.

They never get the respect or press they deserve. Not saying anything bad about JCS and USJ. They have won state championships in numerous sports, and have long been Jackson powerhouses. But TCA is where JCS and USJ were ten years ago. The more people realize what TCA has to offer, the more that school grows, and the more the players and coaches work to get better, the more you will see TCA thriving in the next five to ten years.

Anyway, there is my opinion. Good Luck to both teams. Cant wait to stop into Bells before the game and get me one of those awsome cheeseburgers!!! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

What a game! Too bad it was largely influenced by the refs. I have never seen so many unbelieveable calls and non calls ever. We're not talking about little holding calls. TCA lost a down during one of its drives. Does Offensive Pass Interference result in a loss of down plus 15 yards? CC players were twice forced out of bounds and the ref just kept winding the clock. Can a disk be sent to TSSAA for review? I just think this entire ref team should never call another game. It was that bad.

TCA played well, with a ton of heart and determination. Its tough to get far behind twice in the same game, but we almost pulled off the win. The time keeping issues certainly hurt us on the last drive.The bigger, deeper teams give us preparation for playoff games. And it sure did "feel" like the refs need some more training before they are grouped together for another game.

Congratulations Chester Co. and kudos to TCA for hanging with a big school.

Bob, at the Greenfield vs. McKenzie game last nite....Greenfield blocked the extra point attempt, and the ref called a roughing the kicker call!!!!!! On a block!!!!!!! This had to be one of the worst calls I've ever seen.

What makes calls like that incredible is the fact that four or five people (refs) must get together to decide to go against common sense, without reprecussions.

What makes calls like that incredible is the fact that four or five people (refs) must get together to decide to go against common sense, without reprecussions.

Well, Cadillac was the referee on the Chester Co. side. You gota believe they talked him into everything they got. The biggest call of the game was the fumble on the 50 that was ruled out of bounds, so no fumble, but the refs wound the clock.

To say that Chester County is an improved team is an understatement! The first thing I noticed was their handoffs - they were so good that they fooled the TCA defense many times. They have some outstanding players in #21 and #10 - both were hard to stop. Their program is earning respect and they have a bright future.

I don't normally complain about the refs because I understand that they make calls the way they see them and don't have the advantage of reviewing the plays. BUT they threw away at least 2 minutes during the Eagles last drive in the 4th quarter. The fans and TCA coaching staff finally got the ref to look at the clock running after an out of bounds and he did NOTHING!! Oh well, we can talk about the "coulda woulda" and it won't change anything.

The Lions are amazing and in my eyes they are true winners. They have a TON of fight in them. In the 4th quarter it was obvious they were tired as most of them play both ways and special teams. When Austin Whitsett slam tackled the ball carrier behind the line of scrimmage you could see the team re-energize. Then Austin blocked the kick, Jake Williams scooped the ball and ran in for the TD and you just knew that they were going to fight until the end. And they did.

These kids continually give us more than our $5 worth of football every week. They are incredible young men and I am proud to be a part of TCA Football 2008!!!