Page at Giles County

I also saw the QB fumble two snaps. One of which was a turnover. As for the td pass...that was a great pass but it was too little too late. Especially after the turnover. If the game plan is to start experimenting with new QB's while the game is on the line then i guess I dont agree with that. I literally read Neel's lips as he asked Daniels to "put me back in". As for me, I dont have a "son" on the team. But the "player" i come to see didnt committ any penalties. Aggressive? LAST week at creekwood was aggressive. Fridays play calling was not. I love going to page games and consider myself to be a huge supporter. Thats why I hate to see the game taken out of there hands by the play calling. So as far as your last comment goes, I completely on board with the players. Just not the head coach.

This just gets better and better..........let's be serious...you are NOT a fan..you just like one player as you have admitted. What kind of fan has "PISTPatriot" as a screen name?

I will call Daniels tomorrow and get you an interview to see if you can help call some plays on offense. The amount of thought regarding personnel, down and distance, field position, what type of defense all come into play and you have less than 30 sec. to decide what to do. I think that you can put into a bottle cap what you really know about football. I have followed Page for 16 yrs now and have been on here for seven years and you are only the SECOND coach basher we've had. A true fan doesn't get on here and bark like a dog when they have no guts to say anything to the man himself. There are tons of schools that would love to have Daniels. Our offensive line is small and the team has taken some dumb penalties.....but now is the time for everyone to come together

I sure hope your "player" graduates, because you have very little to offer.

Do you REALLY think Daniels just wanted to put a new QB into the game that late? If you think that then you know less than is possible.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This just gets better and better..........let's be serious...you are NOT a fan..you just like one player as you have admitted. What kind of fan has "PISTPatriot" as a screen name?

I will call Daniels tomorrow and get you an interview to see if you can help call some plays on offense. The amount of thought regarding personnel, down and distance, field position, what type of defense all come into play and you have less than 30 sec. to decide what to do. I think that you can put into a bottle cap what you really know about football. I have followed Page for 16 yrs now and have been on here for seven years and you are only the SECOND coach basher we've had. A true fan doesn't get on here and bark like a dog when they have no guts to say anything to the man himself. There are tons of schools that would love to have Daniels. Our offensive line is small and the team has taken some dumb penalties.....but now is the time for everyone to come together

I sure hope your "player" graduates, because you have very little to offer.

Do you REALLY think Daniels just wanted to put a new QB into the game that late? If you think that then you know less than is possible.

Hes been coaching for years. If he still cant figure out what type of plays to call then maybe its time for a career change? As for being the second "coach basher" in all of Page's history ill just say that im second in a long of many to follow...I can assure you! Your entitled to your opinion as am I. Being a football fanatic/junkie etc, i realise what goes into play calling...So I guess your saying that Neel was asking to go in for no apparent reason? If he had to come out I dont think hed be asking to go right back in.... I have to know.. are you related to Daniels? Spokesperson? Attorney? Whats the connection?...I'm missing something. As for liking one player, thats plain rubbish....those kids play their hearts out and are a much better team this year than last. I cheer for all of those kids. As for what I have to offer...that matters not one bit. I cheer for the team everyweek with pride. I think you should perhaps take a coach T break....seems youre taking alot of this to heart. As for Daniels...its nothing personal... Im sure hes a nice guy...but when its game time its about the coaches ability to adapt to the game going on in front of him not how adored he is by parents. All I ask is to see a little emotion. Players thrive off their coaches energy...especially at that age. Now...you can say what you want in return and thats fine. Ill be the better man and not respond to your personal attacks.

Mistakes happen ill admit we get screwed by refs like everyone else... but with the right play calling this team would be 5-2 right now and not having to walk a tight rope to get into the playoffs. if they dont make it, it will truly be a shame.

oh and in closing...

I think we could flush what YOU know about football down the toliet /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Go Patriots!!!

Last year Giles beat Page by 3 touchdowns but Lipscomb beat you 38 to 0 - why are you not putting down and calling their coach names? The game could have very well been won by three touchdowns again this year and you probably would have accussed Giles of running up the score. Page has a good team and is still building.

People need to take all their negative attitudes toward other teams and put it as possitives toward their team. It is not good sportsmanship to call others names especially when you probably would not say it to their face. Discipline is expected from players and fans alike. Yes I would say that Pages players need discipline especially when they feel it is okay to call the other teams coaches names on the field and still get to play-#58 has a serious problem. You can't hold the teams accountable for what the fans do and you can't hold the fans accountable for what the team does.

After all it is just a game, and life does not depend on whether you win or lose. If you lose a game you go on to the next one. You can't hate someone just because they beat your team-the only thing getting beat shows is on that night the other team was more prepared than you were.

Maybe you should go back and look at your game film. The only serious problem #58 had was when the Giles Co. coach leaned in and elbowed him in the chest as he ran out of bounds. The only comment to the coach was simply watch your elbow.

You want to talk about discipline. Ask anyone who was still there after the players were on the buses. The Giles Co players were hanging out of the windows chanting 41-28, scoreboard and that Page were losers over and over at the Page bus. Not only does that show a lack of discipline but shows a lack of class! Where were their coaches while this was happening?

Maybe you should go back and look at your game film. The only serious problem #58 had was when the Giles Co. coach leaned in and elbowed him in the chest as he ran out of bounds. The only comment to the coach was simply watch your elbow.

You want to talk about discipline. Ask anyone who was still there after the players were on the buses. The Giles Co players were hanging out of the windows chanting 41-28, scoreboard and that Page were losers over and over at the Page bus. Not only does that show a lack of discipline but shows a lack of class! Where were their coaches while this was happening?

I agree. Everything about that said class-less. Hope we get to see them again in the playoffs.

No. They were up 35-0 at halftime and in the second half it was mostly JV.

No faith in the Cubs huh bobcat93?????????

i put my faith in GOD.as for cheatham co. they might/might not make the playoffs i have not seen them play.i've seen page and they are pretty tough.so thats who i'm going with.

Hes been coaching for years. If he still cant figure out what type of plays to call then maybe its time for a career change? As for being the second "coach basher" in all of Page's history ill just say that im second in a long of many to follow...I can assure you! Your entitled to your opinion as am I. Being a football fanatic/junkie etc, i realise what goes into play calling...So I guess your saying that Neel was asking to go in for no apparent reason? If he had to come out I dont think hed be asking to go right back in.... I have to know.. are you related to Daniels? Spokesperson? Attorney? Whats the connection?...I'm missing something. As for liking one player, thats plain rubbish....those kids play their hearts out and are a much better team this year than last. I cheer for all of those kids. As for what I have to offer...that matters not one bit. I cheer for the team everyweek with pride. I think you should perhaps take a coach T break....seems youre taking alot of this to heart. As for Daniels...its nothing personal... Im sure hes a nice guy...but when its game time its about the coaches ability to adapt to the game going on in front of him not how adored he is by parents. All I ask is to see a little emotion. Players thrive off their coaches energy...especially at that age. Now...you can say what you want in return and thats fine. Ill be the better man and not respond to your personal attacks.

Mistakes happen ill admit we get screwed by refs like everyone else... but with the right play calling this team would be 5-2 right now and not having to walk a tight rope to get into the playoffs. if they dont make it, it will truly be a shame.

oh and in closing...

I think we could flush what YOU know about football down the toliet /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Go Patriots!!!

I have forgotten way more than you could ever imagine. I played this game for 12 yrs and coached it 12 yrs with one championship. Your credentials are ????.....a football junkie????....that means my 12 yr old nephew is as qualified as you. You mean we need a cheerleader to help motivate our players...what do you think this is...Cowboy Little League???

I feel very qualified in what I know about football. "Fans" like you are a cancer to any program. Are you going to see Daniels or just get on here and bark like a dog? Being an ex-Coach, I take exception to your cheap shots. When I had something to say about the Giles coach I called him. When I had something to say about the old Independence coach I called him.

Wellllll....I'll wait to see how your conversation goes with Daniels or we'll see if you continue to run your mouth on here. You made it personal when you got on here and attacked Daniels personally....what do you want ....a free pass? I got on here to defend Daniels and the program like I have for years....you're just a Johnny come lately. I do take this to heart. You are personally attacking someone who cannot defend himself on here...so I will defend him.

You better be glad the coach is not Jackie Bennett, because the Bear would be laying the wood to you about now.

oh and in closing...

Go Patriots!!!

it truly will be a shame if the patriots dont make the playoffs.. i dont think this will be something you need to worry about. the patriots should win out no problem and be region 5's 4th. they have proven to most they are a force to be reckoned with. no team in this region overlooks them and all respect them. this is at least our perspective from lipscomb.

I have forgotten way more than you could ever imagine. I played this game for 12 yrs and coached it 12 yrs with one championship. Your credentials are ????.....a football junkie????....that means my 12 yr old nephew is as qualified as you. You mean we need a cheerleader to help motivate our players...what do you think this is...Cowboy Little League???

I feel very qualified in what I know about football. "Fans" like you are a cancer to any program. Are you going to see Daniels or just get on here and bark like a dog? Being an ex-Coach, I take exception to your cheap shots. When I had something to say about the Giles coach I called him. When I had something to say about the old Independence coach I called him.

Wellllll....I'll wait to see how your conversation goes with Daniels or we'll see if you continue to run your mouth on here. You made it personal when you got on here and attacked Daniels personally....what do you want ....a free pass? I got on here to defend Daniels and the program like I have for years....you're just a Johnny come lately. I do take this to heart. You are personally attacking someone who cannot defend himself on here...so I will defend him.

You better be glad the coach is not Jackie Bennett, because the Bear would be laying the wood to you about now.

All jokes aside, my vote is to put you out there as head coach if youre that qualified. The vols need help maybe we can get you spot up there in Knoxville?. Im a little suprised that someone as qualified as you doesnt see a problem...leads me to believe you probably werent very successful during your tenure. With the talent on the team 3-4 is unacceptable. Say what you will, im not attacking the man personally. Im merely criticising his coaching. Being a former coach yourself you know that comes with the territory. Ive seen Franklin Cowboys coaches with more fire and drive on the sidelines. Im not on here to start a fight or an arguement with anyone. I was actually hoping he reads these boards. If what I say hurts your feelings maybe you could use the block feature on here? Most boards have them. When the sports pages write something negative about Fulmer or Fisher do you send personal emails to all the editors telling them your credentials and that they are all wrong? I'd hope not. This isint any different. You seriosuly need to take a chill pill.

Oh and if this was Jackie Bennett we wouldnt be having this conversation... he'd be lighting a fire under you know where!!

All jokes aside, my vote is to put you out there as head coach if youre that qualified. The vols need help maybe we can get you spot up there in Knoxville?. Im a little suprised that someone as qualified as you doesnt see a problem...leads me to believe you probably werent very successful during your tenure. With the talent on the team 3-4 is unacceptable. Say what you will, im not attacking the man personally. Im merely criticising his coaching. Being a former coach yourself you know that comes with the territory. Ive seen Franklin Cowboys coaches with more fire and drive on the sidelines. Im not on here to start a fight or an arguement with anyone. I was actually hoping he reads these boards. If what I say hurts your feelings maybe you could use the block feature on here? Most boards have them. When the sports pages write something negative about Fulmer or Fisher do you send personal emails to all the editors telling them your credentials and that they are all wrong? I'd hope not. This isint any different. You seriosuly need to take a chill pill.

Oh and if this was Jackie Bennett we wouldnt be having this conversation... he'd be lighting a fire under you know where!!

PistPatriot....what a screen name! Your comment "I was actually hoping he reads these boards" is wacko!. Daniels has too much class to respond to your drivel. Bulldog never takes a chill pill and as long as you take the low road with the coach, I will respond.

SO...YOU DID CALL Daniels???

Jackie Bennett and Jack Daniels are the very best of friends. It was Bennett who warned Daniels about this group of "parents" being a little wacky.

Comparing the criticism of a high schools coach to a high profile college or pro coach who is much more highly paid really shows your lack of depth in understanding what HS football is all about.

PistPatriot....what a screen name! Your comment "I was actually hoping he reads these boards" is wacko!. Daniels has too much class to respond to your drivel. Bulldog never takes a chill pill and as long as you take the low road with the coach, I will respond.

SO...YOU DID CALL Daniels???

Jackie Bennett and Jack Daniels are the very best of friends. It was Bennett who warned Daniels about this group of "parents" being a little wacky.

Comparing the criticism of a high schools coach to a high profile college or pro coach who is much more highly paid really shows your lack of depth in understanding what HS football is all about.

Haha! Ill tell you what. Ill continue to say whatever I feel. Its your choice if you want to read it or not...and referring to yourself in third person is pretty wacky as well. Bottom line is Ill say what I want about the coach if we arent winning. If you want to respond to his defense with valid points other than just defending him as a person who doesnt have the internet.... Im all ears or should I say eyes. When teams lose games they should win do they go out and get an entire new team or do they go get a new coach? They get a new coach. Hmmm I wonder why that is?

Being a "fan" Im entitled to the same opinions as everyone else...and you should probably watch what you say about "fans" because youre not on the coaching staff and I dont think youre Daniels, although you almost have me convinced you are. Guess what that makes you? A FAN!!!!!!!! A fan with a different opinion. Lighten up sir, as I said Im not talking about this mans personal life. Hes a public figure....a high school football coach. I imagine thats not easy but thats a part of the position. Have a good week Bulldog and we'll see you under the lights!!! Maybe we'll be celebrating a victory....

Don't need to look at the game film I was at the game and I witnessed that young man get 2 personal fouls in a row-he should have been taken out of the game until he cooled down(lack of discipline).

I know the Giles County coaches and you can not for one minute make me believe that one of them would intentionally elbow a KID especially one from another team especially the one that was said to have done that. As for the comment that was made you are way off-it is not even worth the breath it took to say it and only someone who had little class would choose to utter the word(lack of class). If you were not right there on the sideline and heard the remark(that would make you the player) you don't know what was said.

And from what I understand Page players were told to not shake hands with Giles but go straight to the locker room which to me would mean that the Page Coaches knew that the Page players were pushed to the point where something might happen and a few players tried to start something on the field anyway and than when the Giles players were going to the bus some Page players tried to start another fight and our bus driver told our boys to get on the bus.

So to me that sounds like both teams that night had a lack of discipline-our boys should have ignored them and just went on but kids don't always do what is right and to argue back and forth who was or wasn't right is not going to accomplish anything.

Good Luck to Page the rest of the year.