DOES THE MCMINN CENTRAL CHARGERS HAVE IT ?

sportsman88

/dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> I'M not covinced that they have what it takes to win this region anymore. I went to the game the other night and, the entire team and coaches looked terrible. The play calling was awful. The exacution was terrible. The team spirit was terrible. The only life from the Chargers stand point, was the fans. THATS A GREAT JOB BY THE FANS............. I hope to see a different team this friday... GOOD LUCK TO THE COACHING STAFF AND THE PLAYERS.... I WAS HOPING FOR A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP... NOW IM HOPING FOR A 8-2 RECORD. IM NOT TRYING TO PUT ANYONE DOWN OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT, BUT BASED ON WHAT I SEEN FRIDAY NIGHT, THATS JUST WHAT I SEE FOR THE CHARGERS... GET YOUR HEADS ON STRAIGHT TO THE ENTIRE PROGRAM.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> I'M not covinced that they have what it takes to win this region anymore. I went to the game the other night and, the entire team and coaches looked terrible. The play calling was awful. The exacution was terrible. The team spirit was terrible. The only life from the Chargers stand point, was the fans. THATS A GREAT JOB BY THE FANS............. I hope to see a different team this friday... GOOD LUCK TO THE COACHING STAFF AND THE PLAYERS.... I WAS HOPING FOR A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP... NOW IM HOPING FOR A 8-2 RECORD. IM NOT TRYING TO PUT ANYONE DOWN OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT, BUT BASED ON WHAT I SEEN FRIDAY NIGHT, THATS JUST WHAT I SEE FOR THE CHARGERS... GET YOUR HEADS ON STRAIGHT TO THE ENTIRE PROGRAM.

Hey, I was there too. They did look flat, not into the game and it seemed to get worse after the safety in the endzone. It looks to me that they need a lot of improvement in the deep safety spot. Hats off to the QB for east ridge, he's got an arm and knows where to throw the ball. Looked like some comunication problems with Central QB and fullback. Fullback gave the impression that he didn't get a good handoff or he wasn't suppose to get the ball? If they had not had the safety and two fumbles, the score would have been alot different. But that's that. They won the game by one point and that's what they needed.

Give credit where credit is due, East Ridge and Coach Martin had a great game plan and their kids came ready to play 4 qtrs. I think our kids were looking past them and that has to be addressed as it is every week, One Game at a Time! This is the same team that played Alcoa dead even in the spring, and So Pitt dead even, beat Coffee Co and Red Bank in fall scrimmages so don't worry about the personel. Turnovers at key times and a couple of key penalties kept the game close friday and they will "Work like Heck" (Fulmerism /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> ) to correct these mistakes.

I think you may be overreacting to one bad game. I knew Coach Martin would have his guys ready play Central tough. By also making several mistakes and turnovers you can see that Central was lucky to walk away with a victory.

Every team is going to have one ugly game. If handled correctly by the players and coaches this will be good for them to build on. The coaches warn players all the time to come prepared to play regardless of opponent. Getting that message through to 16-18 year old kids can be difficult at times.

I have said all along that Central should easily win this region because it is weak, with the exception of Howard and an average Polk team. Central has the talent to go far, but talent alone won't carry you far against good teams.

I have also said several times that Central probably will not make it past the second round of the playoffs, so you best accept now that they will not win a state championship.

Be happy for another region championship and remember all those years the Chargers did not even qualify for the playoffs.

Hey, I was there too. They did look flat, not into the game and it seemed to get worse after the safety in the endzone. It looks to me that they need a lot of improvement in the deep safety spot. Hats off to the QB for east ridge, he's got an arm and knows where to throw the ball. Looked like some comunication problems with Central QB and fullback. Fullback gave the impression that he didn't get a good handoff or he wasn't suppose to get the ball? If they had not had the safety and two fumbles, the score would have been alot different. But that's that. They won the game by one point and that's what they needed.

All of you guys coninue to talk about mistakes that central made--last time i looked in the paper saturday morning east ridge had 12 penalties for 100 yards and a td called back and a td dropped right before half.

All of you guys coninue to talk about mistakes that central made--last time i looked in the paper saturday morning east ridge had 12 penalties for 100 yards and a td called back and a td dropped right before half.

BTW "lambert" is NOT Central's Coach Lambert, I know that for a fact in case anyone is wondering!

I know its the truth, just hoping we can make a little better showing. It would help if teams in Region 3 would upgrade their non region schedule.

You're preaching to the choir now. I have encouraged Brandon to upgrade his non-region schedule to play a strong 4A team, or a good 5A team. I don't know why he wanted to drop McMinn from his schedule?

This region does offer some good rivalry games, but for a talented team like Central, they think they're doing great by beating up on these weak teams in the region. This year in particular, I wish Brandon had scheduled a Alcoa or Maryville. His players need to be shown what playing a very good team is like because the top couple of teams in region 4 ARE good.

I know Central scrimmaged Alcoa, and that was good, but Alcoa had half their starters out. The South Pitt scrimmage was good for them, but a scrimmage situation is still different from a real game.