10AAA

Eaglepride00

Henry Co. 73

Springfield 74

Final

Stanton 3pt play at buzzer!

Great updates, thanks.

How many did Stanton go for tonight? What schools are looking at him? Surely some D-I schools are very interested.

Creates an interesting rematch between Rossview and HC Tuesday night.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Henry county was also down 16 at one point. Just a crazy game. I still think we can go deep in the region. we just gotta come to play.

I couldn't agree more. You never like a loss, but there was several bright spots to me last night. And ultimately it doesn't matter if you win the district tournament, just as long as you get hot at the right time. You still have to beat the teams in the region either way at one time or the other. That's the great thing about the way the playoffs are set up... I kind of was hoping we'd get a home region game so I could save on some travel expenses, lol, but ultimately that doesn't really matter. Just have got to learn from last night''s game and do things better the next time out!

I couldn't agree more. You never like a loss, but there was several bright spots to me last night. And ultimately it doesn't matter if you win the district tournament, just as long as you get hot at the right time. You still have to beat the teams in the region either way at one time or the other. That's the great thing about the way the playoffs are set up... I kind of was hoping we'd get a home region game so I could save on some travel expenses, lol, but ultimately that doesn't really matter. Just have got to learn from last night''s game and do things better the next time out!

Good example is 2001-2002 season. We won the third place game on a buzzer beater from halfcourt. And then went on to the region championship.

Beating RHS is important because no one would want to head into Beech this year and face them in the opening round of the region. They are awfully tough, as everyone knows.

How does HC match up with Wilson Central? That would be a terribly long road trip--from Henry Co to Wilson Co. That's gotta be 2.5-3 hrs, doesn't it? That is a disadvantage that HC has that no one ever mentions--the amount of traveling that goes on with them.

Of course, all that assumes that Beech beats Wilson Central.

Surprised no Springfield fans have gotten on here. They are in the midst of quite a run and are going to host a first round region game. Quite an accomplishment for a six seed. Do they have enough to hang with Northeast tomorrow night? I would say that is unlikely, but Springfield did beat Northeast last year in Springfield.

Surprised no Springfield fans have gotten on here. They are in the midst of quite a run and are going to host a first round region game. Quite an accomplishment for a six seed. Do they have enough to hang with Northeast tomorrow night? I would say that is unlikely, but Springfield did beat Northeast last year in Springfield.

First time Ive checked on coacht since Springfield big win, school and work have kept me so busy! Im excited for the Yellow Jackets and Ill admit I knew the team had this in them but really didnt expect it but im very proud of them! I wish the best of luck tomorrow night. Does anybody think Stanton improved his stock this year and will next year more people and colleges have eyes on him? I havent had a chance to read much on him and his production this year, Ive heard all around town he made the game winning shot against HC so I just wondering.

First time Ive checked on coacht since Springfield big win, school and work have kept me so busy! Im excited for the Yellow Jackets and Ill admit I knew the team had this in them but really didnt expect it but im very proud of them! I wish the best of luck tomorrow night. Does anybody think Stanton improved his stock this year and will next year more people and colleges have eyes on him? I havent had a chance to read much on him and his production this year, Ive heard all around town he made the game winning shot against HC so I just wondering.

Can Springfield pull off the upset!?

Can Springfield pull off the upset!?

Springfield is hot and at home. I like their chances. I call games for radio and write articles for RC Times and have loved watching Cory Stanton the past 3 years. I went absolutely nuts on Saturday night and actually through my headset down on the table and rushed the court. It was such a special night.

Anyone who can't be there tonight can listen on wsgi1100.com - It's pretty amateur, but I love it. Any word on Region 5 Tourney? Will 1st round be satellite and where will the semis be?

So glad to find you guys out there. Can't wait to see if the hot streak can continue. It will be hard to live up to Saturday night.

Roll Tide and Go Jackets!

EFS