10A- Who will win this district?

SportsfanTN2010

Current standings are pretty close to what I thought they would be. I thought that ER would have a better record than they do. Pretty impressed w/ NC, considering they returned no starters (+) and they have had close games. They will be a force to be reckoned with come next year! JB, Ka-Boom!!!!. CA needs to be careful, fall asleep and your one and done. (Are the twins soph or jr's?) Anyway, anything but a division win for CA would be a major, major dissapointment. So all of the pressure is on them to take division if not regions. How are you feeling about your chances???

the twins are sophmores(scary huh?). good luck to everyone the rest of the year and i hope every one stays injury free!

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I read that, I decided to go look at NC's schedule and they really have had a lot of close games.

at Columbia Academy L 44-47

at White House-Heritage L 33-38.

at Community L 48-51.

vs McEwen L 40-43.

at East Robertson L 50-51.

vs White House-Heritage L 45-49.

That is 6 games overall by 19 points and 4 district games by a combined 13 points.

I wonder how this team will perform in the post-season and next year?

Not far this year but, I think next year will be a good year for them. Keep in mind that the twin's will only be Jr's next year and they are only going to get better!

I am going to go ahead and predict that WHH will defeat CA in double OT. 61-60 this Friday handing them their first district loss. How about that? Okay, let's hear it /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Bring it on you nay sayers.

I will not rule out the possibility of an upset since they have happened before; however, the Academy has beaten a pretty young, but talented, team in Sycamore and have shown a lot of will and determination as of late. When the #1 team from Class A district 10 goes over to play the #2 team in Class AA district 11 on the road and beats them by 27 points I find it hard to say that the team from class A will be upset by a team they beat earlier in the year, especially when it was at a time where they had not yet peaked in potential. I know WHH is a much better team than they were at that time as well, but because of the caliber of competition CA has endured (3 games against 3A and 4A schools from KY and 3 against 2A schools in TN) I would have to honestly disagree and say that CA gets the win. I wish the best of luck to both of these teams, and let the best team win.

Not far this year but, I think next year will be a good year for them. Keep in mind that the twin's will only be Jr's next year and they are only going to get better!

I am going to go ahead and predict that WHH will defeat CA in double OT. 61-60 this Friday handing them their first district loss. How about that? Okay, let's hear it /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Bring it on you nay sayers.

Even if both of the twins were out sick, WHH wouldn't win. JMO

Pretty bold statement.. Hope WHH can back that statement up Friday. Good Luck.. You'll need it.

Pretty bold statement.. Hope WHH can back that statement up Friday. Good Luck.. You'll need it.

[/quote

First off, it was a prediction, not a statement. Secondly, it was a joke. I would say that WHH is 15 point underdog. Just wanted to see you two get all serious. If you really beleive that WHH would still lose with the twins out, I want some of what your smoking. Wow, they are so great they could probably beat Vandy, UT and Uk. Stop beleiving your own hype. Like I said before, we are a single A division. WE ALL STINK. Just some worse that others. Good luck with life. JMO.

Scrapman, thats one of the few honest things youv'e said on here lol gl to your team though, I wish someone would take some of the air out of CA, I watched them last year and thru this year, in my opinion Martin is a better all around player than Malcolm, and Malcolm has gotten to where he wants to argue calls and act stupid. Needs t'ing up in my opinion. Now, I'm not saying that hes not a very good player, cause he is........ but its like the refs tolerate more out of him than they would another player. The twins are NOT the enire CA team, they have great outside shooters that are also very good defensive players, but they NEVER get mentioned.

Scrapman, thats one of the few honest things youv'e said on here lol gl to your team though, I wish someone would take some of the air out of CA, I watched them last year and thru this year, in my opinion Martin is a better all around player than Malcolm, and Malcolm has gotten to where he wants to argue calls and act stupid. Needs t'ing up in my opinion. Now, I'm not saying that hes not a very good player, cause he is........ but its like the refs tolerate more out of him than they would another player. The twins are NOT the enire CA team, they have great outside shooters that are also very good defensive players, but they NEVER get mentioned.

I agree, IMO Malcolm and Martin are both great players but I see Martin as the better overall player.

The twins are NOT the enire CA team, they have great outside shooters that are also very good defensive players, but they NEVER get mentioned.

I would definitely have to agree. To add to your statement, this team not only has a pretty good starting five, but they have developed depth throughout the year with players that can come off the bench and help the team out. You have to credit players like Crozier who can come off the bench and make a few 3 pointers when you need them and the guards that sub in who can bring the ball up the court and play solid defense. You've got Malcolm and Martin, but then you have their older brother who is improving every game and is doing a great job of giving some extra inside presence. This team is deeper than many people try to think.