District 11aa

HHSnumber1fan

Friday's games are pointless as the seedings have been determined therefore does anyone want to take a stab at this year's district tourney and predict how it is going to play out in the end...............

1.) Creek Wood

8.) Cheatham Co.

4.) Fairview

5.) Waverly Central

3.) Harpeth

6.) Stewart Co.

2.) Sycamore

7.) Montgomery Central

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday's games are pointless as the seedings have been determined therefore does anyone want to take a stab at this year's district tourney and predict how it is going to play out in the end...............

1.) Creek Wood

8.) Cheatham Co.

4.) Fairview

5.) Waverly Central

3.) Harpeth

6.) Stewart Co.

2.) Sycamore

7.) Montgomery Central

CW over Cheatham

Fairview over Waverly

Harpeth over Stewart

Sycamore over Mont Cent

CW over Fairview

Harpeth over Sycamore

CW over Harpeth (home court gives them the edge)

CW over Cheatham

Fairview over Waverly

Harpeth over Stewart

Sycamore over Mont Cent

CW over Fairview

Harpeth over Sycamore

CW over Harpeth (home court gives them the edge)

I agree with these predictions but creekwood could have a very difficult time with

Fairview.Really hard to beat a good team three times in same season.There was

rumor that Fairview wanted to play Creekwood again after the last game.Well

looks like you got your wish if both teams take care of business.

I go to Harpeth and go to pretty much every game. Im new to this coacht stuff but I keep reading about the fairview game and I see perry and treys names a lot and they are well deserved but why hasnt anyone given crowe any credit for hitting the big shot at the end and then the free throw ( i think he only made 1) but still. A few people have just said Harpeth hit a big shot. Whats up with that?

What about Friday night's match-ups:

Creek Wood at Harpeth-will either team play starters much?Is it worth injury risk?

Waverly at Fairview-Theres no way either team shows the other team anything

with play in game next.Waverly should practice in football pads to get ready

for this game.Ask Harpeth about their style.

What about Friday night's match-ups:

Creek Wood at Harpeth-will either team play starters much?Is it worth injury risk?

Waverly at Fairview-Theres no way either team shows the other team anything

with play in game next.Waverly should practice in football pads to get ready

for this game.Ask Harpeth about their style.

How much is the end of season Waverly/Fairview game going to affect their first round match-up?

That's a good point utvols. Why would either team show the other all that much in Friday nights game? You can't play down intensity I don't think, but maybe you don't run all of your sets? I really don't know why Friday nights game should turn into a football game with only the weekend to prepare. On the other hand, there's film around. You surely aren't putting in new plays for the tournament that you wouldn't have already used during the season. Senior night will be bigger for the home crowd in most instances I would think. Waverly at Fairview on Friday and Monday makes for interesting strategy.

But.........if you're Creekwood and you lost to Harpeth by 13 at home for your only district loss, I think the revenge factor and the chance to go 13-1 when you're looking at an 0 for Cheatham team on Monday in the first round negates everything. I disagree with Catfish. Creekwood is coming to Harpeth with everything they have. Likewise for the Sycamore @ Cheatham game. Sycamore is going to play Montgomery Central for the second time in less than a week on Monday and they won by 2 on Tuesday. They are going to use the Cheatham game to get better. The thing with Sycamore is that they lost to Fairview in a game where many say they didn't play with any intensity until the last 5 minutes of the game and it cost them. They go to Harpeth in a big rivalry game and bring their A game. Then it appears they laid an egg against Montgomery Central. They've got to get their focus back and play with the same intensity every night. Stewart County and Central have a chance to take a breather on Friday and work on their first round opponents for 6 days.

studentsection guy. Crowe got his props from the people that count. What you guys need to work on is your own chants and not reuse the opponents. 'Ball Hawg' for Johnson while he was shooting free throws was bush league. Get original. We might have to have an alumni student section if you guys don't step it up. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Dude, that's tough. I think you have to start with the all district team from your school and then whittle it down from there.

Here's my 5 from Harpeth:

Josh Goodwin

Shane Dansby

Kevin Giltner

Scott Newton

Trey Caruthers

This group has 6 district MVP's among them between 99-00 and now. Goodwin's got 3 by himself. That's stronger than a 2 ft. whale rope. I say Josh Goodwin is the all decade MVP.

Can't argue with you KS on Goodwin for the decade, and I don't think anyone else can bring anything to the table to dispute it either. He clearly earned those honors with his performance for three years straight.

As to the earlier post, there is a lot riding on the Creek Wood vs Harpeth game Friday night. 1) Harpeth defeated CW early in the season and gave them their only "L" in district play this year. Pride dictates that CW would like to have another shot at Harpeth before the tournament - no team likes be swept during the season 2) For Harpeth, a win Friday night would give them a mental edge going into the tournament along with being the only team in the district not only to have beaten CW, but having beaten them twice.

For the sake of the district standings, the game is meaningless. However, I don't see either team playing soft just to get to the tournament. The team with the win can use that as added momentum which is exactly what teams want entering postseason play. It should be a "barn burner" for sure. In what could potentially be a "preview" of the District Championship, I think both teams want to shake off any dust and be razor sharp going in IMO.

Dude, that's tough. I think you have to start with the all district team from your school and then whittle it down from there.

Here's my 5 from Harpeth:

Josh Goodwin

Shane Dansby

Kevin Giltner

Scott Newton

Trey Caruthers

This group has 6 district MVP's among them between 99-00 and now. Goodwin's got 3 by himself. That's stronger than a 2 ft. whale rope. I say Josh Goodwin is the all decade MVP.

There were some good players from Shane's class all over the district.

I cant remember everybody's name, but guys from other teams will know who I am talking about.

Sycamore had Logan Pierce, Austin Lohin, Jesse Moulton, Bullard, Tinch

Cheatham had a PG, he was small, and was in the same class as Robert Derrick(Harpeth). I actually think he went on to play at Maryville I wish I could remember his name.

Montgomery Central had Burnie(?), was in Shane's class, and was a really good player.

Stewart County had Jake West, shooter, we all know who he is.

Waverly had Ricco(?), also in Shane's class. Led his team through the season, and was a great floor general.

Harpeth has all the guys you named, plus Scott Erland. Erland was definitely a player, and improved A TON over his high school career.