Sweetwater

jedidiahphil2

sweetwater will be a tough team to beat but i am tried of people from OS thinking wartburg is a fluke.that idiot OS91 has no idea how good wartburg is gonna be their team lost alot of their size O.S. can easily be beaten by us and rockwood.their is another team u can't forget.so cya all the teams from region 2aa on then field good luck to all except OS.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by caligula:
Posted by CIZZLE:

why is everyone hating on us, 2a will be the one of the toughest this year especially is sweetwaters region, alot of good games will come out of it so ya'll just sit back and enjoy the show

[Edited by CIZZLE on 8-15-02 5:27P]

Yeah quit hating on Sweetwater! They have the #78 player in the nation this year. Alcoa???? Yeah right I was bike riding and happened in on practice, kids were taking water breaks at their girlfriends cars. You all aren't going to win anything this year.

noone has ever had a break at their girlfriends cars............. u hAtIN!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL.. I am an idiot because I dont believe Wartburg will be an elite team???????/ That is ridiculous... Yes, The "mighty bulldogs from MORGAN county" beat OS last year, but all time Wartburg has a 5-47 record agaisnt the Mighty Bobcats. Wartburg has always been dominated by OS in all sports since the inception of this one sided rivarly. Sure,. wartburg football might win 6 games this year and finish 4th in region, but in those 6 games Wartburg plays small enrollment Sunbright, Oakdale, and Coalfield. That's hardly a tough schedule for a 2-a team that want to improve its program. Yes, there are county rivalries, but like OS has done Warburg needs to schedule 3-A teams and scrimmage 3-a and 4-A teams. get a clue next time when someone has an opinion. Wartburg football has come along way, now it just needs 42 wins in the series to catch up with OS.

Oh yeah, you mentioned you dont want to give os Best of luck like you did other temas in region.. that's more than ok.. OS doesnt need your luck.. We have sweetwater to worry about, not wartburg..

I don't know OS 91. If Wartburg and OS played today I would pick Wartburg by 2 TDs. This is probably the best team in Bulldog history. They're returning dang near everybody from a team that won at OS last year. I think Wartburg is at least an 8-2 team this season, possibly better. Just my opinion though and it's 10 weeks before the Bulldogs and Bobcats tangle.

Well baby its football time in sweetwaer agian ..... and i got some things to say ...yeah GP good job winnin it this year but hey dont have to talk so much junk ....Sweetwater will dominate this year hands down i am sorry if you cant handle that ...but its true think you can handle it when Boo crushes your QB or will you like the taste of dirt as TJ, Frizz or paris leaves you in the dust or how bout when O't stomps a mud hole in your middle line backers and wals it dry? do ya think you can handle that...but hey its ok talk it...but ya gotta walk it baby! WE READY ? i think so good luck SHS GO BIG BLUE (hey Mule)

aight who here that is messageing on this board EVER played football? do you watch it daily? are you smoking crack? weed? i mean dang get over it alcoas run is over.. yeah they were good but hey not any more they tlak alot of junk but cant back it up.. they road the shoulders of one man for too long now its over...far as the SQHSSTUNNA is concerned..... when you ever one anything? yeah tomKat was a leader but not THE leader. last years team had a lot of behind the counter leadership you dont know the first hting bout being a winner or a leader so shut up ... talk is cheap.....annie up punk its christmas

Goosevol, You are correct Wartburg did win at OS last year, but OS has had two tremendous outing against CLinton and power AC this spring. I didnt say Wartburg would be a bad team, I just think its out of schedule games doesnt prepare it for success in the "big" ones or playoffs... HOw has Wartburg faired in its scrimmages? just curious...... who have they played?

I just know that they blistered Oneida, but the Indians aren't going to be as good this year. Larry Davis has long been known as an offensive genious, but the Bulldogs have never been able to stop anybody. This year Jim Gibson is their defensive coordiantor and everybody that has mentioned to him to me says that he is a genius and he could be the missing piece to the puzzle. They basically return eight starters on each side of the ball and they're two deep at all skill positions. Junior quarterback John T. Armes was the Morgan Co. Player of the Year last season as a sophomore, but if he gets hurt then they could be in trouble. I seriously think that they will go at least 8-2 and part of it is because of the easy non-region schedule, but mainly because this could be their best season ever. They actually open the season this Friday in week 0 against Sunbright.

I'm not trying to say that OS can't win the game, but Wartburg returns just about everyone while OS is replacing a lot of talent. By week 10 OS could win the game, but I don't think they could right now. I think OS's season will be similar to last season in that most games will be extremely close. Last season 9 games were decided by less than a touchdown. I don't think they're as strong in the trenches, but Whalen should be better at QB and that could offset what they might lose up front.

Posted by warrior2024:

Sweetwater is a very good team but they will not beat Goodpasture. Until something is done to stop the privates from playing in the public area the road to the State Championship will go through goodpasture. By the way, the team with the most talent in AA is Tyner. They are just not multiple enough on defense and the offense lacks any real strategy. Any good team with talent and a good staff can beat Tyner.

I played on the 2000 Alcoa state championship team, and I know that sweetwater has a couple of talented players on the team. But to beat some of the best in the state it takes more than just raw talent. A lot of it comes from the leadership that is on the team. What kind of leaders do they have in their senior class? The talent that we had and the leaders,and the dedication of players and coaches helped us to beat teams as bad as we did and go 15-0.Anyone who knows, how dedicated have they been in the off season? Because thats where you when you win championships.

I agree with 2000statechamp...its true that alcoa of 2000 was a great team but SweetH2o has alot of leadership this year.....i strong feel they have what it takes to win....as for the GB and Alcoa teams...pride comes before the fall.....if you look past sweetwater and dont respect what they do , they will hurt and you will lose...take it in stride...no one has a harder work ethic than the coachs at SHS i know this because i was a part of last years team .... leadership and talent is there they will reach greatness