Region 5 Vs. Region 6

Orangefanallday

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no playoffs... it will be based off points, strength of schedule, wins, loses, etc... Similar to the BCS in college football...

LOL......... that would be awful wouldn't it... Nah, I don't really know... They have 3 classifications during the regular season, 6 classes in the playoffs... but I doubt anyone knows until they set up the regions for the classifications... I'm sure it will be the same format.... but different teams will be in different regions...

no playoffs... it will be based off points, strength of schedule, wins, loses, etc... Similar to the BCS in college football...

LOL......... that would be awful wouldn't it... Nah, I don't really know... They have 3 classifications during the regular season, 6 classes in the playoffs... but I doubt anyone knows until they set up the regions for the classifications... I'm sure it will be the same format.... but different teams will be in different regions...

Is it all because of teams having to drive 2-3 hours to some teams in there region?

Is it all because of teams having to drive 2-3 hours to some teams in there region?

That's one theory. Some people think that it is the next step to kicking the private schools to their own divsion by the next classification period. I think that travel is the primary reason though although our team will probably do some traveling next year to fill the non district games.

That's one theory. Some people think that it is the next step to kicking the private schools to their own divsion by the next classification period. I think that travel is the primary reason though although our team will probably do some traveling next year to fill the non district games.

So everyone will be in districts and out of those districts they will make regions?....I'm confused /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

So everyone will be in districts and out of those districts they will make regions?....I'm confused /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

The best way that I can figure it and I could be wrong is that they are ditching the region format and going back to districts. They are dividing everyone up into three classes AAA, AA, A for the regular season. Each class will be divided into districts. Come playoff time they will divide the classes into six play off brackets(hence six state champions). So the probability is that you will have some one in your district that will not be in your playoff bracket come tournament time. I have no idea how they pick the seedings for the brackets or who gets to make to the brackets from the districts. It makes my head hurt. I can't wait till next year to see how it all plays out.

The best way that I can figure it and I could be wrong is that they are ditching the region format and going back to districts. They are dividing everyone up into three classes AAA, AA, A for the regular season. Each class will be divided into districts. Come playoff time they will divide the classes into six play off brackets(hence six state champions). So the probability is that you will have some one in your district that will not be in your playoff bracket come tournament time. I have no idea how they pick the seedings for the brackets or who gets to make to the brackets from the districts. It makes my head hurt. I can't wait till next year to see how it all plays out.

Sounds confusing to me /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Well it might turn out to be better than regions...Who knows?

Well since I think that there will be some wild card entries I think that schools that have been on the outside looking in from strong regions may have a better chance making the playoff instead of a team with a losing record. We had a 7-3 team get shut out last year.

Well it might turn out to be better than regions...Who knows?

i dont think so......i like it just the way it is now its just gonna take some of the tradition out of it......which i no they used to play in districts......but for wayne co. to get in the playoffs i think they have to beat perry co. and thats it....idk it just seems like it wouldnt be as fun

Well since I think that there will be some wild card entries I think that schools that have been on the outside looking in from strong regions may have a better chance making the playoff instead of a team with a losing record. We had a 7-3 team get shut out last year.

region 6 had the same thing happen to a team a few years ago in huntland.