MJCS@Trousdale

slimshady

Not going to get cought up in all this other hoop'la.... but I will say, Jackets will score more than two point tonight!!

The question will be, how many points will the "D" allow ?

May all have a safe & injury free game .

Look forward to treating MJCA to some Creekbank hospitality.

Have a safe trip to & fro.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will try to address everyone's post 1 at a time. 1st, the silver trophy is nice and congrats to FCS on getting it. Here is my point...When you play a schedule that allows you to have subs in by the 2nd or 3rd quarter every game, it must not be very competitive. Again, I also said that region 4 had two of the better teams but still in 2008 which is this year, not the best region in football. Three teams with a winning record out of 8 would be tough to argue about being the best.

There is no sense in arguing opinions, they are like butts, everyone has one and they all stink.

I will try to address everyone's post 1 at a time. 1st, the silver trophy is nice and congrats to FCS on getting it. Here is my point...When you play a schedule that allows you to have subs in by the 2nd or 3rd quarter every game, it must not be very competitive. Again, I also said that region 4 had two of the better teams but still in 2008 which is this year, not the best region in football. Three teams with a winning record out of 8 would be tough to argue about being the best.

There is no sense in arguing opinions, they are like butts, everyone has one and they all stink.

If you know anything about football, especially in high school, you should know that records can be deceiving. Especially when those records include non-region games against quality teams from higher classifications.

Do everyone here a favor and stay on the 5A boards.

If you know anything about football, especially in high school, you should know that records can be deceiving. Especially when those records include non-region games against quality teams from higher classifications.

Do everyone here a favor and stay on the 5A boards.

WHOOOO HOOOOOOO Gordonsville is the best!

What a classy post. Records can be deceiving, you are right about that. And I said already that G'Ville was usually a pretty decent team but this year they are just average, along with everyone else from that region except FCS and Trousdale. I think I've said that all along. Maybe G'Ville can play LCA in a bowl game that they are trying to get. It would be interesting to see that running back run roughshod over LCA. Not even sure roughshod is a word but I guess it applies here. It would be a great opportunity for LCA to see where they are at as far as a program is concerned. Maybe, since you know everything about football, you could arrange that.

WHOOOO HOOOOOOO Gordonsville is the best!

What a classy post. Records can be deceiving, you are right about that. And I said already that G'Ville was usually a pretty decent team but this year they are just average, along with everyone else from that region except FCS and Trousdale. I think I've said that all along. Maybe G'Ville can play LCA in a bowl game that they are trying to get. It would be interesting to see that running back run roughshod over LCA. Not even sure roughshod is a word but I guess it applies here. It would be a great opportunity for LCA to see where they are at as far as a program is concerned. Maybe, since you know everything about football, you could arrange that.

First off, I never implied that I know everything about, just that you know very little.

You've looked at a few scores and records, and you think you know everything about Region 4-1A.

Plus, I am sure no one else in this region cares for your opinion either.

As for a bowl game with Gville, for one, I never mentioned our RB running roughshod over LCA, and we are trying to get in the playoffs, so a bowl game is the last thing on Gville's mind. Plus, if we don't make the playoffs, I don't think we'll be eligible for a bowl game. I believe you have to be 5-5.

BTW, this is the last that I'll respond to you, If you ignore the itch, you won't have to scratch it.

First off, I never implied that I know everything about, just that you know very little.

You've looked at a few scores and records, and you think you know everything about Region 4-1A.

Plus, I am sure no one else in this region cares for your opinion either.

As for a bowl game with Gville, for one, I never mentioned our RB running roughshod over LCA, and we are trying to get in the playoffs, so a bowl game is the last thing on Gville's mind. Plus, if we don't make the playoffs, I don't think we'll be eligible for a bowl game. I believe you have to be 5-5.

BTW, this is the last that I'll respond to you, If you ignore the itch, you won't have to scratch it.

Well, I'll respond to you. Its not like I just picked a region and made a bunch of assumptions. 5 of the 8 teams in that region are average or way below average. SO based on 2008, how can people say that it is the toughest region?? It may have the top team, that doesn't make it the toughest region. I probably know a little more about football than you give me credit for. I do however like to play devil's advocate. I have no stake in any of those schools so my opinions are not biased, just what I see. You may disagree, that is the beauty of America, but I really don't believe that I have attempted to insult you. I just don't feel that G'Ville or any of the other teams aside from FCS or TC are that good this year. You can call tell me that I know nothing about football, but really it will not take away my opinions. If you ignore an itch, it just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

Well, I'll respond to you. Its not like I just picked a region and made a bunch of assumptions. 5 of the 8 teams in that region are average or way below average. SO based on 2008, how can people say that it is the toughest region?? It may have the top team, that doesn't make it the toughest region. I probably know a little more about football than you give me credit for. I do however like to play devil's advocate. I have no stake in any of those schools so my opinions are not biased, just what I see. You may disagree, that is the beauty of America, but I really don't believe that I have attempted to insult you. I just don't feel that G'Ville or any of the other teams aside from FCS or TC are that good this year. You can call tell me that I know nothing about football, but really it will not take away my opinions. If you ignore an itch, it just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

Well I got a different look at this . Yes a couple of the teams may be down this year but on average this is the toughest region year in and year out. This region was built on the slug fest of Gville vs watertown, or TC VS FCS, or TC vs Gville and FCS vs Gville. These are games for teams that are going further than just to say they are district champs. That is the small picture its how far they go in the playoffs and when you runn into a region 4 team in the playoffs you run into a team that RESPECT ALL BUT FEARS NONE.And when its all said and done win or lose they know they played a real football team from region 4.imo.

Well I got a different look at this . Yes a couple of the teams may be down this year but on average this is the toughest region year in and year out. This region was built on the slug fest of Gville vs watertown, or TC VS FCS, or TC vs Gville and FCS vs Gville. These are games for teams that are going further than just to say they are district champs. That is the small picture its how far they go in the playoffs and when you runn into a region 4 team in the playoffs you run into a team that RESPECT ALL BUT FEARS NONE.And when its all said and done win or lose they know they played a real football team from region 4.imo.

well said. I am just talking about this year. I have given G'Ville props in this post many times for their past records and beign difficult to beat. No doubt FCS and TC are the class of region 4, but based on this year, it is a two team division as it has been for the better part of the last 5 years.