Region 4A

Stark1

How will this region shape up this year? Who is going to be in the region finals at the end of the season, and do any teams from region 4A have a shot against the region 3A teams in the sub-state?

Who are the teams in region 3A? you talking about Temple CSAS an them? I think both teams comin out of our region have a shot to win. Westmoreland only lost to Temple by 8 last year and led most of the game and JC beat CSAS up here so whoever wins up here for sure will win the substate game and the loser has a legit shot to win on the road. I think it will be Clay Co. vs JC in the Region Finals with JC pulling the upset!! JC is young but they got some mad talent in the soph and freshman classes plus they got my boy JRob senior, in the middle and all he did was skool the big kid from CSAS his last time out! at the end of the year if they dont have any injurys they will be solid and deep off the bench.

So we got one saying it will be a 7A showdown in the finals. Just as easy as it could be a 7A sweep, it could be an 8A sweep. G-ville and FCS return all but one player from last years rosters and will be tough outs. I was just wondering really what region 3A will be returning, if there are any teams down there that are suppose to make some noise in the boro this year, and what kind of chance the teams from 4A have at making it to the state.

So we got one saying it will be a 7A showdown in the finals. Just as easy as it could be a 7A sweep, it could be an 8A sweep. G-ville and FCS return all but one player from last years rosters and will be tough outs. I was just wondering really what region 3A will be returning, if there are any teams down there that are suppose to make some noise in the boro this year, and what kind of chance the teams from 4A have at making it to the state.

I think Midten is getting ahead of themselves. We will be very young this year and as we all know with youth anything can happen and usually does. Some good some not so good. As for what Region 3A will be returning, well Temple will be one of the favorites to make it to the State Finals this year. They've got the Sexton kid coming back, he almost beat Union City by hisself last year in the opening round of the state tournament. They will be the odds on favorite to host the substate game down there and i'm sure you'll have the usual suspects as in Grace Baptist and CSAS to deal with if you host up here. Its extremely hard to go on the road and win a substate game but it can happen. Right now i think Clay Co. and either Gordonsville or FCS are the favorites to play in the finals of the region tourney but as we have all been witness too the past several years, sometimes the best team on "paper" doesn't win.

I think Midten is getting ahead of themselves. We will be very young this year and as we all know with youth anything can happen and usually does. Some good some not so good. As for what Region 3A will be returning, well Temple will be one of the favorites to make it to the State Finals this year. They've got the Sexton kid coming back, he almost beat Union City by hisself last year in the opening round of the state tournament. They will be the odds on favorite to host the substate game down there and i'm sure you'll have the usual suspects as in Grace Baptist and CSAS to deal with if you host up here. Its extremely hard to go on the road and win a substate game but it can happen. Right now i think Clay Co. and either Gordonsville or FCS are the favorites to play in the finals of the region tourney but as we have all been witness too the past several years, sometimes the best team on "paper" doesn't win.

That held true this past MLB post season, my poor Cubs self destructed yet again /wacko.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

That held true this past MLB post season, my poor Cubs self destructed yet again /wacko.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

Being born outside of Chicago i have been a Cubs fan all my life believe me when i say i "FEEL YOUR PAIN"! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

temple returns everybody. including a kid named brandon andrews who sat out all but like 3 games last year after injurying his shoulder. they will be the team to beat in region 3a. csas lost their whole team, they might have two guys coming back. grace will be the other team to watch out of region 3a they still have the shaughnessy kid as well as a kid named fuquan harper who became eligible at the end of the year. those two along with brandon herman will be very tough in single a.

How will this region shape up this year? Who is going to be in the region finals at the end of the season, and do any teams from region 4A have a shot against the region 3A teams in the sub-state?

Well I think FCS will be one of the favorites this year as they return all but 1 from last year. They lost the Styles kid but got a kid (senior) in from North Carolina. I think his last name is Boyd. I hear he plays the center position pretty good and will help this team on the defensive side of the ball. There jr class this year will have Teeter ( I think he grew another 2-3 inches over the past year), Goodner, Sorrels, Wilson, and of course their leader Maasen. The sophmore class will return 4-5 that got alot of PT last year as freshman....guards Ward and Hill will help out with ball control and the outside shooting to go with Neal and Haddock who will help solidfy the post positions.......Another new kid to start at FCS will be freshman Dakolis Reeves (Carrol-Oakland)....he will step in and help with guard play.

I'd say Westmoreland, TC, and the Gmen will also contend for the 8A side........

On the other side 7A I think Clay Co gets the nod. Pickett Co lost several starters from last year's team who I thought should have won it all in Class A but fell short in the state tourney..........

Well I think FCS will be one of the favorites this year as they return all but 1 from last year. They lost the Styles kid but got a kid (senior) in from North Carolina. I think his last name is Boyd. I hear he plays the center position pretty good and will help this team on the defensive side of the ball. There jr class this year will have Teeter ( I think he grew another 2-3 inches over the past year), Goodner, Sorrels, Wilson, and of course their leader Maasen. The sophmore class will return 4-5 that got alot of PT last year as freshman....guards Ward and Hill will help out with ball control and the outside shooting to go with Neal and Haddock who will help solidfy the post positions.......Another new kid to start at FCS will be freshman Dakolis Reeves (Carrol-Oakland)....he will step in and help with guard play.

I'd say Westmoreland, TC, and the Gmen will also contend for the 8A side........

On the other side 7A I think Clay Co gets the nod. Pickett Co lost several starters from last year's team who I thought should have won it all in Class A but fell short in the state tourney..........

Hmm imagine that the private school gets another transfer who would have thought? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Just in case you slept through the region tournament Pickett Co. got put out in the semi final game by Jackson Co. They never made it to the state but then again being a "private schooler" i'm sure you already knew this. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Im going to go ahead and say that Clay County wins this region easily, the only other team that may be able to challenge them is FCS. Gordonsville will be a no show come tourney time and the rest of the teams in 7A are WEAK! Plus the region tourney is at LA this year so its not favoring for 8A.