Sequoyah vs Polk County

dumdum

Great Post! I could not agree more! I think one of the most improvements for the Chiefs have been on special teams. Bell has been kicking really well! If we can continue to make the other teams start drives from their own 20, our defense has a better chance. Patience will be key for the Chiefs! Leave it all on the field CHIEFS! Chiefs will pull off the upset 23-20. GO CHIEFS!!!!!

Well Yea they do have a good special teams. But I think POLK has a better kick/punt returner #11 & #22. But I don't doubt Seq will pull the upset this week. But POLK will need to keep to the run game to control the clock.I think Polk will pull it out in the 4th due to the conditioning of the Polk..

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Yea they do have a good special teams. But I think POLK has a better kick/punt returner #11 & #22. But I don't doubt Seq will pull the upset this week. But POLK will need to keep to the run game to control the clock.I think Polk will pull it out in the 4th due to the conditioning of the Polk..

Come on now....give polk some credit. Everyone is saying that sequoyah can beat polk this year and everything. Sequoyah may be better this year but polk will still win by big over the chiefs. They may still be in it at the half but coach davis has some good enough half time speeches to get them boys back out there and pull away to win it big.

Come on now....give polk some credit. Everyone is saying that sequoyah can beat polk this year and everything. Sequoyah may be better this year but polk will still win by big over the chiefs. They may still be in it at the half but coach davis has some good enough half time speeches to get them boys back out there and pull away to win it big.

Nobody is taking anything away from Polk County, they are a good team! I think alot of people think this is the type of game that really fits Sequoyah, you know, just line up and play some football. Bottom line the team who makes most of the mistakes will lose. There have been comments made about conditioning, speed, size, etc..from what I know and heard of Polk County, this should be about as equal of a game as any, both offense are clock controlling 3 to 4 yards a play, both set up the pass with the run. Defenses are both solid, yeah early the Chiefs struggled on defense but they seem to be rolling pretty good now. Like so many have mention, I beleive special teams will be the difference, mistake free is what will win the game!

Sequoyah 14, Polk County 13. GO CHIEFS!!!

Nobody is taking anything away from Polk County, they are a good team! I think alot of people think this is the type of game that really fits Sequoyah, you know, just line up and play some football. Bottom line the team who makes most of the mistakes will lose. There have been comments made about conditioning, speed, size, etc..from what I know and heard of Polk County, this should be about as equal of a game as any, both offense are clock controlling 3 to 4 yards a play, both set up the pass with the run. Defenses are both solid, yeah early the Chiefs struggled on defense but they seem to be rolling pretty good now. Like so many have mention, I beleive special teams will be the difference, mistake free is what will win the game!

Sequoyah 14, Polk County 13. GO CHIEFS!!!

I somewhat agree. I think that Polks defense is better than sequoyah. Not taking anything away from sequoyah, I think they are pretty good, but I also think they have not played anybody with a defensive front like they will see on Friday. Polk has played pretty well on offense up until last week against Meigs. If the cats put it all together this week they should be OK. If I had to predict right now, I would say Polk in a close one 35 to 21.

8 years in a row speaks volumes for Polk's program. I think if Sequoyah can pull out the win it will make a statement that the Chiefs have turned the proverbial "corner". The past three wins have been great to build on, but one against a program like Polk's is when you prove you have finally "arrived", or so to speak. I think it was Dr Dave that said earlier that special teams, among other teams, would play a big part, and I agree. Not putting Polk down (actually thought the play was a smart one at the time), but Sequoyah was in the game until an onside kick gave Polk an advantage. Chiefs need to make sure that doesn't happen again. In other words, expect the unexpected. Good luck to both teams Friday.

The onside kick was a great call at that point of the game,and shifted momentum Polk's way. The ball should have been fielded by a Sequoyah player,but it was a good gamble that worked. Polk has a very impressive program and they are a good measuring stick for the Chiefs. The discipline they play with,just doing their job play after play,is a real credit to the coaching staff. They don't make a lot of mistakes,and patience in this game will be a virtue. Should be a dandy! GO CHIEFS!

Polk Keeps it going this week if they come out intense. Extra points wont be a factor because they'll outscore Seq by atleast a TD. Look for the always strong D, and a more disciplined offense this time around. GO POLK!

Yes I agee that it will be too much of a gap for extra points to matter. Cause POLKS D will have a better game than what most people are saying. And I believe we have a better D this year than past years. Well if #85 would stop being so cocky he would be playing better ball and not alowing the deep ball to be caught. And if he knows the right way to run if he does get the ball. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Yes I agee that it will be too much of a gap for extra points to matter. Cause POLKS D will have a better game than what most people are saying. And I believe we have a better D this year than past years. Well if #85 would stop being so cocky he would be playing better ball and not alowing the deep ball to be caught. And if he knows the right way to run if he does get the ball. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Between 85 running the wrong way and 27 chasing a helmet, thinking it was the ball on a fumble, That game was funny to watch at times... Hope theres a blooper reel on the highlight video lol

Good luck Polk, get the job done, then focus on the blue up the road!

Between 85 running the wrong way and 27 chasing a helmet, thinking it was the ball on a fumble, That game was funny to watch at times... Hope theres a blooper reel on the highlight video lol

Good luck Polk, get the job done, then focus on the blue up the road!

Well I have talked to some of the people who run the highlight reel and said they got all those hard hits/ dumb moves. SO if they was smart they will put that on there.

But I think its too early to think about the BABY blue... Only until friday night after the game clock has ran out. But good luck on both teams. And pray that no one gets hurt.

Well I have talked to some of the people who run the highlight reel and said they got all those hard hits/ dumb moves. SO if they was smart they will put that on there.

But I think its too early to think about the BABY blue... Only until friday night after the game clock has ran out. But good luck on both teams. And pray that no one gets hurt.

I guess you prefer the Polk Pink

and 27 chasing a helmet, thinking it was the ball on a fumble,

I missed the Meigs game.... now I wonder why my boy didn't tell me about the helmet? LOL /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

See ya'll tomorrow at the game!