Upperman @ Cannon co.

BigPun

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you think it will go down.... Upperman gave dekalb a great game so that has the Spy worried... Spy didn't htink upperman was that strong. Must have a good QB. If Lions play as hard as they did Friday night and can last the whole 4 quarters Spy thinks they have a chance. Spy hopes #17 returns this week healthy, rested and ready to play. Addition of # 17 will be a big boost. New coach needs to abandon the on-site kick idea, hasn't work successfully all year. Puts to much pressure on a good defense.

Lions can win if they play a near perfect game....

they have a good line.....i can tell you that

This will be really close. DC's defensive philosophy is blitz-man2man. Their corners are on an island and one kept getting burnt against UHS. Cannon will run more zone coverage. DC and Upperman run about the same offense, but defenses are extremely different and Up's D isn't as good (they controlled the ball a lot longer than DC but gave up 40 pts). Cannon has a good shot at winning and the added homecoming/senior nigh atmosphere could add a lot. I'd say Upperman's D steps up in the 4th and pulls it out 27-20 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Wish I could be there to watch, should be good.

if upperman's QB is not as good as Dekalb's QB then the lions should roll on this one.....Defense will be up for shutting down Upperman after a close loss last year at there house,,,,,No onside kicks and the CC defense will hold them and # 30 will roll........

He's pretty good. I haven't seen Poteet...so I can't compare the two. Upperman will likely score quite a few points. The 63 points Dekalb scored on CC is not a good sign.

I have seen a lot (as a coach and a fan across many different states) of high school QB's and Poteet is a great QB... he has all the tools to be competitive at the next level..... I would be surprized if the upperman QB is any where close to Poteet.....

I think Upperman will make it a game but if Cannon County has improved as much as they have since last year I can't see Upperman beating Cannon County. CC's defense is much tougher than last year with better schemes for spread offenses. The big difference is if #17 returns this week from his illness. #2 for CC needs to play lights out and the O-line and D-line holds there own CC will be logging there 3rd Win........

Gee...Dekalb hung 63 on ya. I think the U has a better than even chance.

This will be really close. DC's defensive philosophy is blitz-man2man. Their corners are on an island and one kept getting burnt against UHS. Cannon will run more zone coverage. DC and Upperman run about the same offense, but defenses are extremely different and Up's D isn't as good (they controlled the ball a lot longer than DC but gave up 40 pts). Cannon has a good shot at winning and the added homecoming/senior nigh atmosphere could add a lot. I'd say Upperman's D steps up in the 4th and pulls it out 27-20 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Wish I could be there to watch, should be good.

Youthpastor96,

How do you know anything? You were not at the game so you don't have a clue. Stay were you are get on those schools boards. You don't even known the first thing about Upperman football this year. This is a different team and you are clueless. SO stay AWAY. FOr the record, DeKalb played both zone and man coverages against Upperman. Neither of which worked. The only reason that Upperman could not do more was because there OL coach did not prepare the OL for the DeKalb blitzes and it showed badly. The QB had no time all night and still threw for over 300 yards and managed 6 total TDs. Upperman would have won if anyone on their sideline could say the words kick it instead of go for two. Upperman is a better team than people are giving them credit. They have a chance in the next few weeks to prove that and they will. Those Seniors have no quit and want it more than anything to make the playoffs and shut people up. Their run starts Friday at Cannon. I am not saying that they will run well really throw all over them but it will be a good game with Upperman coming out on top.

Go BEEs.

WE BELIEVE!!!!

One Day, One Game, One Play..... One TEAM!!

Youthpastor96,

How do you know anything? You were not at the game so you don't have a clue. Stay were you are get on those schools boards. You don't even known the first thing about Upperman football this year. This is a different team and you are clueless. SO stay AWAY. FOr the record, DeKalb played both zone and man coverages against Upperman. Neither of which worked. The only reason that Upperman could not do more was because there OL coach did not prepare the OL for the DeKalb blitzes and it showed badly. The QB had no time all night and still threw for over 300 yards and managed 6 total TDs. Upperman would have won if anyone on their sideline could say the words kick it instead of go for two. Upperman is a better team than people are giving them credit. They have a chance in the next few weeks to prove that and they will. Those Seniors have no quit and want it more than anything to make the playoffs and shut people up. Their run starts Friday at Cannon. I am not saying that they will run well really throw all over them but it will be a good game with Upperman coming out on top.

Go BEEs.

WE BELIEVE!!!!

One Day, One Game, One Play..... One TEAM!!

if yall can throw as good as you talk then you got a good qb but maybe just maybe after we got thrashed vs. Dekalb then we might have a good idea as to stop the spread offense but we will see. and plus it is homecoming and i will promise you that the seniors on our team will play the game of their lives to finally get over the hump at home and get their well deserved W