First Try at 2A Brackets

JohnJohn

We did alright with the one in 2007. Feel free to make corrections as you go. I am just going with comparative scores to pick these final records. Obviously things will change and anyone feel free to make changes on their own. Remember this is just a shot in the dark no need to get upset if your team is not initially listed. There are some that are much more in tune with this and will make the proper corrections. Here we go.

Quad 1

1. Alcoa 9-1

2. Gat Pittman 9-1

3. Loudon 7-3

4. Happy Valley 7-3

5. Cumberland Gap 7-3

6. CAK 6-4

7. West Greene 5-5

8. South Greene 5-5

Quad 2

1. Westmoreland 10-0

2. Boyd 9-1

3. York 9-1

4. Marion 7-3

5. Smith Co. 7-3

6. Tyner 7-3

7. Sequatchie Co. 6-4

8. DCA 3-7

Quad 3

1. Lewis Co. 10-0

2. Hickman Co. 8-2

3. Stewart Co. 8-2

4. CPA 7-3

5. Fairview 7-3

6. Goodpasture 6-4

7. Waverly 6-4

8. Richland 5-5

Quad 4

1. Milan 10-0

2. Camden 9-1

3. USJ 9-1

4. Oakhaven 7-3

5. Westview 6-4

6. JCS 5-5

7. Carver 4-6

8. Treadwell 3-7

Ok manipulate and shuffle away. We should get this over the next few days.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alcoa wins Quad 1, Boyd wins Quad 2, CPA wins Quad 3, USJ wins Quad 4. 3 privates and 1 semi private. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I'd love to see Westmoreland get into Quad 3 but I guess that is same as impossible. We'll be battling those teams next season if we get to the playoffs. How strange is that. A day late and a dollar short the way I see it. Quad 2 has some extremely tough teams in it.

We did alright with the one in 2007. Feel free to make corrections as you go. I am just going with comparative scores to pick these final records. Obviously things will change and anyone feel free to make changes on their own. Remember this is just a shot in the dark no need to get upset if your team is not initially listed. There are some that are much more in tune with this and will make the proper corrections. Here we go.

Quad 1

1. Alcoa 9-1

2. Gat Pittman 9-1

3. Loudon 7-3

4. Happy Valley 7-3

5. Cumberland Gap 7-3

6. CAK 6-4

7. West Greene 5-5

8. South Greene 5-5

Quad 2

1. Westmoreland 10-0

2. Boyd 9-1

3. York 9-1

4. Marion 7-3

5. Smith Co. 7-3

6. Tyner 7-3

7. Sequatchie Co. 6-4

8. DCA 3-7

Quad 3

1. Lewis Co. 10-0

2. Hickman Co. 8-2

3. Stewart Co. 8-2

4. CPA 7-3

5. Fairview 7-3

6. Goodpasture 6-4

7. Waverly 6-4

8. Richland 5-5

Quad 4

1. Milan 10-0

2. Camden 9-1

3. USJ 9-1

4. Oakhaven 7-3

5. Westview 6-4

6. JCS 5-5

7. Carver 4-6

8. Treadwell 3-7

I will focus on Q4 only - I think the region champ is required to be one of the top seeds regardless of record so that would shake out something like this:

1. Milan

2. Camden

3. Oakhaven

4. USJ

5. Westview

6. Carver

7. Treadwell

8. JCS

The wildcard would have to be the lowest seeds in the Quadrant I think. I would be surprised to see Camden in the Quad. I look for them to go to Q3.

Quad 1

1. Alcoa 9-1

2. Gat Pittman 9-1

3. Loudon 7-3

4. Happy Valley 7-3

5. Cumberland Gap 7-3

6. CAK 6-4

7. West Greene 5-5

8. South Greene 5-5

Quad 2

1. Westmoreland 10-0

2. Boyd 9-1

3. York 9-1

4. Marion 7-3

5. Smith Co. 7-3

6. Tyner 7-3

7. Sequatchie Co. 6-4

8. DCA 3-7

Quad 3

1. Lewis Co. 10-0

2. Hickman Co. 8-2

3. Stewart Co. 8-2

4. CPA 7-3

5. Fairview 7-3

6. Goodpasture 6-4

7. Waverly 6-4

8. Richland 5-5

Quad 4

1. Milan 10-0

2. Camden 9-1

3. USJ 9-1

4. Oakhaven 7-3

5. Westview 6-4

6. JCS 5-5

7. Carver 4-6

8. Treadwell 3-7

Here is how it works.

Each region champ must be seeded ahead of all other teams. They are ranked by W-L record.

Then all the # 2's from each region once again ranked by W-L record.

Followed by the # 3's ranked by W-L record, then the wildcards.

So Quadrant 3 would look like this. Waverly will finish ahead of Stewart Co. in their region.

1. Lewis Co. 10-0

2. CPA 7-3

3. Hickman Co. 8-2

4. Goodpasture 6-4

5. Waverly 6-4

6. Stewart Co. 8-2

7. Fairview 7-3

8. Richland 5-5

However, I do not agree with some of your teams getting in, but that is how it would look.

I will focus on Q4 only - I think the region champ is required to be one of the top seeds regardless of record so that would shake out something like this:

1. Milan

2. Camden

3. Oakhaven

4. USJ

5. Westview

6. Carver

7. Treadwell

8. JCS

The wildcard would have to be the lowest seeds in the Quadrant I think. I would be surprised to see Camden in the Quad. I look for them to go to Q3.

2 teams from same region cant play in 1st round unless a region gets 5 teams. You will have to redo your 1 vs. 8 and 4 vs. 5 matchp.

From TSSAA website:

The eight teams within each quadrant are placed in the bracket so that teams from the same region will not play each other in the first round. The only exception is when 5 or more teams from the same region qualify for the play-offs.

2 teams from same region cant play in 1st round unless a region gets 5 teams. You will have to redo your 1 vs. 8 and 4 vs. 5 matchp.

From TSSAA website:

The eight teams within each quadrant are placed in the bracket so that teams from the same region will not play each other in the first round. The only exception is when 5 or more teams from the same region qualify for the play-offs.

Is that a new rule this year cause last year CPA vs. Goodpasture played in the first round and so did Richland and Lewis Co. How is it fair for a wild card team to jump ahead of a team with a better record and draw an easier first round game?

Is that a new rule this year cause last year CPA vs. Goodpasture played in the first round and so did Richland and Lewis Co. How is it fair for a wild card team to jump ahead of a team with a better record and draw an easier first round game?

You can't have it both ways. The ones that played in the 1st round last year screamed bloody murder. That wild card team may have a better

record than the team they jump.

Yes. Last season Westview played Peabody ( neither was a wild card ) Milan hosted JCS (JCS wild card). This may mean a wild card may get shifted to another quadrant.