Unaka @ Cloudland

Bluengoldblood

pujo will know the answer to this one!!!!!

The only thing I could say about this is, Unaka should be a much better team than they are. They are not even coming close to fielding the team they are capable of. Its nothing more than a big mess. I'm sure the blame could be passed around. Its a mess all the way up, Our 5th and 6th grade played Unaka and they had 11 kids on the team, one got hurt and we played the rest of the game with 10. That could be the worst team I've ever saw at that level. We did everything in our power just to try to keep from hurting anymore of their kids. I couldn't even enjoy the game.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasnt making any inferences to where the problem lies, just noticing a trend in the wrong direction.. It could be the kids that are quitting and not dressing were upset/mad/disappointed with PT. More numbers dressing doesnt point to a better team, alot of 1a's only play 12 to 15 kids anyways..

you sound like your fishing and try to get me to commit to saying something, how do you feel?

No, not fishing, just reading. I feel bad for the coaches(seem like good men),players(youth,I hope),parents(not heard anything in the stands, but I've not been to all the games, I think they see what everyone else sees). As for the commiting, I think you already have.

The only thing I could say about this is, Unaka should be a much better team than they are. They are not even coming close to fielding the team they are capable of. Its nothing more than a big mess. I'm sure the blame could be passed around. Its a mess all the way up, Our 5th and 6th grade played Unaka and they had 11 kids on the team, one got hurt and we played the rest of the game with 10. That could be the worst team I've ever saw at that level. We did everything in our power just to try to keep from hurting anymore of their kids. I couldn't even enjoy the game.

I think you may be on to something here pujo. I'm not so sure anyone has ever looked at the lower levels of Unaka football. There, the problem my lie! I know this guy knows his football from grass cutters to Sr. high.

No, not fishing, just reading. I feel bad for the coaches(seem like good men),players(youth,I hope),parents(not heard anything in the stands, but I've not been to all the games, I think they see what everyone else sees). As for the commiting, I think you already have.

you sound defensive, i noted a trend, there are several others.. pujo mentioned the elementary team being bad, that has nothing to do with the high school coaches but its another factor in saying the program is in trouble.. from everything that I've heard the coaches know their stuff, the problem isnt at the top..

gay randall J could have a big game.

got anymore highlanders you want to call out as gay. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> The landers wont need that GCa poster when they've got this one, to get them fired up. and from his other post he is actually a bulldawg fan, and not just someone stiring up BUL$$ /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

you sound defensive, i noted a trend, there are several others.. pujo mentioned the elementary team being bad, that has nothing to do with the high school coaches but its another factor in saying the program is in trouble.. from everything that I've heard the coaches know their stuff, the problem isnt at the top..

Not defensive, not at all, just observant(a fan). You have a valid point with a "trend", but I can't help but wonder if the truth doesn't reside in pujo's logic. Not trying to place the blame, just wondering about the fix(if there is one).

Its going backwards in a hurry. I don't think its the Coaches fault, but I don't think he has to power to fix it either. Its too late, the respect as a whole is gone. I'd say parents have destroyed this program. Too much whining and finger pointing. Unaka should have as strong a team as onyone in the County. You could probably take the kids who are walking the hall and put together a team that could beat the one thats taking the field on Friday night. Its extremely hard to find kids who are accountable these days because,the parents always points the other way instead of standing behind the people in charge. Its the same way in school. The teacher don't like my kid.bla bla bla.

Its going backwards in a hurry. I don't think its the Coaches fault, but I don't think he has to power to fix it either. Its too late, the respect as a whole is gone. I'd say parents have destroyed this program. Too much whining and finger pointing. Unaka should have as strong a team as onyone in the County. You could probably take the kids who are walking the hall and put together a team that could beat the one thats taking the field on Friday night. Its extremely hard to find kids who are accountable these days because,the parents always points the other way instead of standing behind the people in charge. Its the same way in school. The teacher don't like my kid.bla bla bla.

Being held "accountable" is a tough pill to swallow these days, for kids and parents. I personally don't know why the numbers are doing what their doing, BUT, maby just maby they(coaches) are getting rid of the "dead wood" so to speek. The kids are(most of the time) a reflection of their parents. PUJO, I know you are not wrong often, but I hope you missed the part about it being to late. I, like you, love high school football and I pull for the Rangers

I know I haven't said a lot here lately. I don't have to, it speaks for itself. Unaka consistently fails at everything they do. To make matters worse, they wanna fire the only winning coach they got. Cloudland will hammer Unaka. Remember last year when I said "one hit wonder". Cloudland is starting a new 25 year streak. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />