Pink Card?

Canesoverhere

In the event any of you were considering to go watch the Collierville-Houston match this Wednesday night, I thought you may want to have a heads up before you show up and see PINK!

Both programs have been working for the past several weeks to collect for a charity that was initiated last year at the NSCAA in Baltimore. I will attach a link to the national website for any of you that are may be interested in doing the same with your programs.

http://www.soccerforacure.org

For those of you who were planning to attend the match, I thought you would like the "heads up" before coming out. I would think pink when you head out to the game.

In the event any of you were considering to go watch the Collierville-Houston match this Wednesday night, I thought you may want to have a heads up before you show up and see PINK!

Both programs have been working for the past several weeks to collect for a charity that was initiated last year at the NSCAA in Baltimore. I will attach a link to the national website for any of you that are may be interested in doing the same with your programs.

For those of you who were planning to attend the match, I thought you would like the "heads up" before coming out. I would think pink when you head out to the game.

Sounds like a great idea. If somebody takes some pictures, please post them.

more on this...

The Collierville and Houston girls soccer teams have agreed to donate the gate proceeds from their District 15-AAA showdown tonight at Collierville to Soccer for a Cure, a national nonprofit organization that seeks to help the families of cancer victims. Both teams will be selling pink "Soccer for a Cure" T-shirts in hopes of "pinking-out" the stands for tonight's 7 p.m. match. The proceeds from T-shirt sales will also be donated to SFAC in recognition of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

Congratulations to both teams bringing something special to a district matchup by raising nearly $4,000 for Soccer for a Cure.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations to both teams bringing something special to a district matchup by raising nearly $4,000 for Soccer for a Cure.

Couple of more points....

Several SEC teams have now participated as well in this charity (Georgia, Arkansas & Vanderbilt) and held events with Soccer for a Cure.

Page 16 in this month's Southern Soccer Scene has an article dedicated to this effort by Charlie Corbitt. Hopefully Tennessee can set the bar and have more teams participate in this effort. If not this year, perhaps next year for the each school's large rival game.

Hey, maybe we should set a statewide challenge for fundraising?