Greeneville @ MoWest

barb

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont disagree with you , I'm just guessing as to why it may have been shut down. I know it doesn't take a whole lot of Coach or Ref bashing to get one closed anymore.

It is becoming increasingly more difficult to discuss Five Rivers football without criticizing the refs. We were fortunate enough in Greeneville that it hasn't really impacted the outcome of any of our games yet, but given the overall performance of the crews i've seen, its just a matter of time. And our friends around the conference have not been so fortunate... I would just like to see this conference play out without the shadow of controversy.

Now with that being said...we have big football friday night GO DEVILS /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I dont disagree with you , I'm just guessing as to why it may have been shut down. I know it doesn't take a whole lot of Coach or Ref bashing to get one closed anymore.

I could see that if it was a TSSAA site, but this is independent of that organization and full of opinions. Any comment about a ref or a coach is an opinion. I understand the officials and coaches not wanting to be subject to unfair abuse, but unfortunately, that is part of the position.

Also, this is the place that many people vent their frustration. If we refrain from calling names I do not see why it is shut down.

I could see that if it was a TSSAA site, but this is independent of that organization and full of opinions. Any comment about a ref or a coach is an opinion. I understand the officials and coaches not wanting to be subject to unfair abuse, but unfortunately, that is part of the position.

Also, this is the place that many people vent their frustration. If we refrain from calling names I do not see why it is shut down.

Sooooooo lets just talk Devils vs Trojans and leave the zebras til saturday morning.... surely we can manage to keep this one open til friday at least.

I was really impressed with the Devils run defense. they managed to hold Cherokee to 116 yds and most of those in the 4th quarter against backups. They allowed only 5 3rd down conversions and stopped all 3 of the Cheifs attempts @ 4 th down conversions. Is West as balanced on offense as usual?

Sooooooo lets just talk Devils vs Trojans and leave the zebras til saturday morning.... surely we can manage to keep this one open til friday at least.

I was really impressed with the Devils run defense. they managed to hold Cherokee to 116 yds and most of those in the 4th quarter against backups. They allowed only 5 3rd down conversions and stopped all 3 of the Cheifs attempts @ 4 th down conversions. Is West as balanced on offense as usual?

The offense is very balanced. The line needs to provide a little more time for the QB to pass and the QB needs to get rid of the ball a little faster. Our backs are getting the job done in most instances. Overall, we are sound offensively with a little tweak here and there needed to make us better.

Defensively, we have played well enough to win most of the games we have lost. A few breakdowns have led to most of the losses (not counting Catholic). We have made adjustments too late in some of the losses and the DB's have allowed some receivers to come open (or not even covered them). Again, a few tweaks and we would be much better.

I am worried about the effect of the Boone game on the team -- very emotional and very physical. Overall, I feel we can play with Greeneville, but your passing game has me worried. I know that Greeneville's spread and passing opens the field for the running backs. In order for West to win, we will have to be able to shut down the passing game with the DB's and allow the line and backers to handle the QB and backs. It will be extremely important for us to play assignment football to limit the opportunities that Greeneville has to move the ball. I am expecting a close, hard fought game.

The offense is very balanced. The line needs to provide a little more time for the QB to pass and the QB needs to get rid of the ball a little faster. Our backs are getting the job done in most instances. Overall, we are sound offensively with a little tweak here and there needed to make us better.

Defensively, we have played well enough to win most of the games we have lost. A few breakdowns have led to most of the losses (not counting Catholic). We have made adjustments too late in some of the losses and the DB's have allowed some receivers to come open (or not even covered them). Again, a few tweaks and we would be much better.

I am worried about the effect of the Boone game on the team -- very emotional and very physical. Overall, I feel we can play with Greeneville, but your passing game has me worried. I know that Greeneville's spread and passing opens the field for the running backs. In order for West to win, we will have to be able to shut down the passing game with the DB's and allow the line and backers to handle the QB and backs. It will be extremely important for us to play assignment football to limit the opportunities that Greeneville has to move the ball. I am expecting a close, hard fought game.

West can ill afford for the DB's to get complacent on pass coverage....Greenway can throw to 5 or 6 guys including Trevon Hall, who has been just dangerous on the ground. I have been pleased with the Devil o-line the last couple of games....easy for the receivers to get open with all that time to throw the ball. Greenway has been reading the defense well and hasn't missed alot of opportunities.