CASCADE @ JO BYRNS (1A unbeatens battle)

FridayMainEvent

Game winner  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Game winner

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes he was! I think that was intentional to be honest. I don't think he had attempted more than 8 passes in a game all year until last week. Possibly Papa Carkuff was trying to give Coach Adkins a little more food for thought when game planning his defense this week.... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

It's always funny to me how some coaches want to hide certain things from game film while others want to open it wide so opposing coaches have a lot to worry about. I'm not sure which I agree with. I do think you've got to do whatever it takes to win that particular week. Now, if you go up four scores, then don't play any cards you've got up your sleeve. Otherwise, let er rip tater chip!

I'll pass that on. I assume he meant Aaron Yates. Tyler Yates is a pitcher in big league baseball.

That's cool. I just wanted to give 'em a hard time!

I'd bet Logger's penthouse suite on it... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Where did the hot tub go?!?!?

It's always funny to me how some coaches want to hide certain things from game film while others want to open it wide so opposing coaches have a lot to worry about. I'm not sure which I agree with. I do think you've got to do whatever it takes to win that particular week. Now, if you go up four scores, then don't play any cards you've got up your sleeve. Otherwise, let er rip tater chip!

I agree with that last statement. I don't see any need to try and conceal anything with this offense. I'd hate to be given the task of trying to slow it down. I truly feel that what we saw last Friday has been there all season, but as you stated, we didn't want to "reveal" too much. Carkuff had the weapons and ability to put up numbers with anybody in the state this year if we had opted to go that route. I think he'd have a legit shot at the Mr. Football award if we'd opened the playbook up a little more. You have to really respect the man (Jacob's Dad) making the calls to not let his son's personal gain out weigh what he felt was best for the team.

I've watched these kids in practice all year and the ability to make big plays are more obvious now than ever before. I hope we hold nothing back from here on out and see just what this offense is capable of.

Unfortunately it didn't matter what JB showed cascade...like last year, they've seen every JB game since week 2.

I agree with that last statement. I don't see any need to try and conceal anything with this offense. I'd hate to be given the task of trying to slow it down. I truly feel that what we saw last Friday has been there all season, but as you stated, we didn't want to "reveal" too much. Carkuff had the weapons and ability to put up numbers with anybody in the state this year if we had opted to go that route. I think he'd have a legit shot at the Mr. Football award if we'd opened the playbook up a little more. You have to really respect the man (Jacob's Dad) making the calls to not let his son's personal gain out weigh what he felt was best for the team.

I've watched these kids in practice all year and the ability to make big plays are more obvious now than ever before. I hope we hold nothing back from here on out and see just what this offense is capable of.

Yeah, the ole Wing-T offense isn't typically conducive to glamorous numbers for a quarterback. At least you know he's not dropping back as much with that base offense and risking getting hurt. That kid plays hard. I've seen him go parallel to the ground a couple times to make plays on both sides. That has to scare the Champion supporters knowing he could bang up a shoulder or something. What's he weigh anyways? It's hard to tell sometimes with shoulder pads and stuff. Dylan Fleming looks like he's 6-4, 245 with his pads on. I bet he's no within 50 pounds of that.

He makes something outta nothing too, with his feet, good scrambling ability, Gonna be a great game !!!

Yeah, the ole Wing-T offense isn't typically conducive to glamorous numbers for a quarterback. At least you know he's not dropping back as much with that base offense and risking getting hurt. That kid plays hard. I've seen him go parallel to the ground a couple times to make plays on both sides. That has to scare the Champion supporters knowing he could bang up a shoulder or something. What's he weigh anyways? It's hard to tell sometimes with shoulder pads and stuff. Dylan Fleming looks like he's 6-4, 245 with his pads on. I bet he's no within 50 pounds of that.

Ole Crazy Train (D. Fleming) is listed at 6'2" 185lbs.

I must say, I have no dog in this race as far as this game goes, I just wanted to let all you guys (Cascade and Jo Byrns fans) know that this is impressive. I mean this thread is fifty pages - FIFTY PAGES!!!!!! Either the unemployment rate in your respective towns is very high or you guys all just REALLY love your football. Either way, congratulations on the outstanding committment by both fan bases; it is something amazing.