Henry County VS Northside

PatsOnTheBack

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Play the starters the whole game. I know it can be classified as unsportsmanlike but you also got to figure not playing the starters 4 full quarters could come back to haunt you come quarterfinal and semifinal time!!! I know Coach Gaddis probably has more respect against his opponents than running up the score but I just hope it doesn't come back and get them later on.

Although you may be right that the starters need to play 4 quarters, look at the advantages of them not playing as much as needed. For starters, we will be fresh when the playoffs begin. Every other team has had to grind it out to win the majority of their games. Their starters will be banged up and bruised from the constant beating that a full 4 quarters a game can give. This also allows our second team and third team to gain much needed experience in case of injury to one of the starters. I think that the advantages outweigh the disadvantages in this case because of the powerful memphis teams and middle tn teams we may face in the playoffs.

Need not worry GCPioneer.......the Big Red 1st teamers got a good and lengthy workout against Munford Friday night! Also, the Patriot defensive was put into some new "close game" situations holding Munford out of the endzone 4 plays in a row beginning at the Big Red 8 yard line. That was very impressive! The passing attack looked good, Dominique was awesome, the secondary produced a couple of turnovers, and Munford had an elusive back that gained a few yards yet didn't score. All said, HC was put in some "Big Game" situations in a lop-sided victory!

You are wrong Advisor. The only big game situation that Henry has faced this year is when the second and third teamers have gotten a chance to play. And the only reason that they are big game situations is because they get to experience the actual game speed and not just practice. How old are you dude? Come on, with a name like the Advisor you would think that you would know that the starters have not faced a big game situation as of yet /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Although you may be right that the starters need to play 4 quarters, look at the advantages of them not playing as much as needed. For starters, we will be fresh when the playoffs begin. Every other team has had to grind it out to win the majority of their games. Their starters will be banged up and bruised from the constant beating that a full 4 quarters a game can give. This also allows our second team and third team to gain much needed experience in case of injury to one of the starters. I think that the advantages outweigh the disadvantages in this case because of the powerful memphis teams and middle tn teams we may face in the playoffs.

You are exactly correct.

You are wrong Advisor. The only big game situation that Henry has faced this year is when the second and third teamers have gotten a chance to play. And the only reason that they are big game situations is because they get to experience the actual game speed and not just practice. How old are you dude? Come on, with a name like the Advisor you would think that you would know that the starters have not faced a big game situation as of yet /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I disagree with you on this point. The starters HAVE faced several "big game" situations, and they have simply annihilated the opposition. Treadwell was not a "big" game, nor was "JCM", to name a couple, but a "big" game does not have to be against a great team, or a playoff game. I think I understand what you are saying, but we may differ on the definiton of a "big" game. We may have thought a game to be "big", only to annihilate that team because Henry County is very good, and that opponent happened to not be as good as usual.

Guest Advisor

Come on RedPwr!! Dickson County was a huge game even if we were only playing for an empty bourbon barrel and a round of pizza! Brighton was a "big game" with playoff atomsphere as well! Again, at Munford this past week and the goaline stand..........it doesn't get "more playoff like" in the regular season! Plus Pwrman..........I trust I am slightly older than you!

Against us when we played Westview.............now for us against Northside? I don't understand the Benton County logic! Why so wishy washy Lion Fans?

Thats the underdog syndrome.Should be a bunch of Camden fans in Paris on Halloween night due to Camden playing on Thursday.If Henry County was 2a,there wouldnt be as much love brotha.

I'll take them PATS unbeaten all the way to the end at the BORO now.

This is a very good football team.. Just keep your heads on right players.

Seeya at State. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

PAT POSTERS LOL RELAX... I get a kick out of some of your posts. HEY! It's all good though.

NO LOOKING AHEAD...OK

Fri Aug. 22 at Knoxville Halls R W 28-7

Fri Aug. 29 Alcoa W 20-13

Fri Sep. 5 Clinton R W 38-16

Fri Sep. 12 at Heritage W 38-7

Fri Sep. 19 at Powell R W 45-6

Fri Sep. 26 William Blount W 38-2

Fri Oct. 3 Knox Central R W 42-17

Fri Oct. 10 at West R W 30-7

Fri Oct. 17 South Doyle R W 42-0

Thu Oct. 30 at Lenoir City R

The two unbeaten ones at state..

Come on RedPwr!! Dickson County was a huge game even if we were only playing for an empty bourbon barrel and a round of pizza! Brighton was a "big game" with playoff atomsphere as well! Again, at Munford this past week and the goaline stand..........it doesn't get "more playoff like" in the regular season! Plus Pwrman..........I trust I am slightly older than you!

If you think that Dickson County, Brighton, or Munford were so called "Big Game" situations, you can't be older than 10. Obviously, Dickson County had been dabbling in the remnants of the infamous whiskey barrel before the game. Furthermore, Brighton's defense couldn't close an umberella, and Munford couldn't play dead in a John Wayne movie. Because of your misunderstanding of what "Big Game" situations are, then maybe my name should be the Advisor. I just don't agree with you saying that we have faced any sort of "Big Game" situations. We have gone into games hoping they were those types of situations but made them everything short of that. My question to you now is will the big red have enough power to scalp the indians this week? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />