Rhea Co. @ Cleveland

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is always a hard fought game. I believe the injury report will have much to do with the outcome.

I beg to differ. We have proven ONCE AGAIN that injuries are not going to determine the outcome of ANY game! We are not a team of one or two "stars" whose health determines whether we win or lose. Whenever one gets hurt, another steps right up and we keep right on truckin. It may make Cleveland feel a little better to concentrate on our injury report, but our boys aren't dwelling on it. They smell a Region Championship and NO ONE, I said NO ONE is stopping us now.

THE CLAW IS COMING, CLEVELAND, TO TAKE IT IN YOUR OWN HOUSE!!!!!!!

I beg to differ. We have proven ONCE AGAIN that injuries are not going to determine the outcome of ANY game! We are not a team of one or two "stars" whose health determines whether we win or lose. Whenever one gets hurt, another steps right up and we keep right on truckin. It may make Cleveland feel a little better to concentrate on our injury report, but our boys aren't dwelling on it. They smell a Region Championship and NO ONE, I said NO ONE is stopping us now.

THE CLAW IS COMING, CLEVELAND, TO TAKE IT IN YOUR OWN HOUSE!!!!!!!

You must have been one of those people yelling "Try a new play!!" while we were pounding the rock last night. Some of you just do not understand. Yes some players stepped up last night, but we will need the production that Brown gives us on both sides of the ball and special teams. Not having him will be a major loss. The truth is that if we can only score 9 points it's going to be very hard for us to hold them like we held Red Bank. We're going to have to throw everything and the kitchen sink at Cleveland to win Friday night.

I do like the last line though. Sounds like a good new signature.

Can Rhea stop Monte Scotten and Tucker Tipton? What offense is Cleveland going to be throwing at us?

I see another hard fought battle just like last year. Everyone will have to step up play to full potential. Haven't won the region since I believe 98. The Back Valley Boys need to know what that feels like, and they will get their picture put up on the locker room wall with the other Region Champs, and two State Runner-Up teams.

You must have been one of those people yelling "Try a new play!!" while we were pounding the rock last night. Some of you just do not understand. Yes some players stepped up last night, but we will need the production that Brown gives us on both sides of the ball and special teams. Not having him will be a major loss. The truth is that if we can only score 9 points it's going to be very hard for us to hold them like we held Red Bank. We're going to have to throw everything and the kitchen sink at Cleveland to win Friday night.

I do like the last line though. Sounds like a good new signature.

Bingo. With the exception of the clock mismanagement at the end of the first half, and whatever we were trying to do on 4th and goal from the 1, this was the best called game of the year. We didn't go into panic mode when we lost a couple of wideouts and we took the "four yards and a cloud of dust." Besides, if Red Bank doesn't have the ball, Red Bank doesn't score.

Sometimes there are some clever observations from the Eagle faithful (mocking the 3 man front, for example) , "try a new play" was not one.

Good win, but that game is over. This team has to not get caught up in the rah-rah, and take care of business. I'd love to see the Green and Gold play this kind of game Friday night.