Rhea Co. @ Cleveland

Um, hello? I think I did in one of my earlier posts...

Listen, we're still trying to deal with this loss ourselves. We're not prepared to give credit where credit's due yet...that comes on SUNDAY morning. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Your team had a great game - I know it wasn't flawless, but it sure looked that way to me. Too bad you didn't have more fans on hand to see it. I read your coach's statement that Fitzgerald's decision to leave the game on Friday probably lost your program $5,000 in ticket sales due to the rain...I'm pretty sure the legion of fans we brought with us made up for the shortfall. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

yeah i know you guys gave some credit /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />. Cleveland fans have a hard time getting out in the rain, i guess they think they are goin to melt or something, idk. Rhea had a nice group of fans, and both teams played hard. That 14-7 halftime score had me a little worried because the Red Bank game was still in the back of my mind, but the boys didn't relax like they did against Red Bank, the defense kept the pressure on.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correction- swafford played offense....you would have never known because we only threw one pass to him for 30 yards. it was one of two good plays we had all night. i'm angry and i have a right to be. missing stone and Aj had nothing to do with us being unable to stop the freaking jet sweep. missing stone and Aj had nothing to do with us running the god dang ball on 3rd and 20. missing those two had nothing with us making numerous offensive penalties. Im sick of these excuses...Walt Cameron had an entire week knowing that his best offensive player was going to be out to come up with some type of scheme to get some production. he was unable to run the ball with a great running back and 2 division 1 linemen. 23 rushing yards in the first half. That is PITIFUL. im just sick of it. im sick of these fans saying that we have no talent as an excuse for those jokes running the show. good job jason fitzgerald and walt cameron...youre great coaches. like eagle's sig used to say...there are NO EXCUSES for that crap.

on another note great job fans for showing up in the cold and rain to support your boys. our boys may have lost the game, but at least our program sure has some pride and some fan support.

to the Cleveland faithful...you guys have some talent and should have won this game.. you don't have 34 more points worth of talent than we do, but good win, congrats...

Nice post if it wasn't from a dumba..!!!! Fitzgerald is going to be the coach for as long as he wants. 7-2 and could be region co champs don't think that will call for a firing.

trust me I know he'll be the coach as long as he wants to be....too much politics and who your daddy is.

Do you think we were well coached last night? i'd like to hear some honest opinions about our offensive and defensive gameplans..

defensivly i thought Rhea played well for the most part. I think the Rhea offense couldn't stay on the field long enough and their defense got tired.

I can't believe I'm going there but I guess I will...

Okay, I thought the offensive coaching was totally off last night - and at Red Bank, too. You simply can not rely on one player all night long like Walt did on Moffett. Don't get me wrong, Moffett is a fine player but you HAVE to mix it up a bit for several reasons - one, opposing defense is gonna read you every play and two (and most importantly)...the kid has gotta have a break. You can't expect him to carry the game two Fridays in a row and that's what has happened. He got up after every play a little slower than the play before. He's a powershouse and he keeps right on plugging along and I honestly don't know how.

That being said...what's done is done. I just hope to see something more brought to the table this Friday night.

We have to beat White County this Friday - the boys have to get back into the game mentally...and we, as fans, have to quit pointing fingers and start CHEERING for these boys at the games, push them, support them.

GO EAGLES GO EAGLES GO!

trust me I know he'll be the coach as long as he wants to be....too much politics and who your daddy is.

Do you think we were well coached last night? i'd like to hear some honest opinions about our offensive and defensive gameplans..

Do you really think his daddy is enough of a "player" politically in this day and age to be able to guarantee him a head coaching job? Puhleeeze, this is 2008, not 1980...his daddy isn't nearly the force to be reckoned with that he once was. Our county isn't dominated by a handful of power players anymore...that's just bull.

But I digress...who gives a rat's arse about all that anyway? The game is over, we lost, and we've gotta bring it next Friday or we've wasted away our whole season OURSELVES. Personally, I'm proud to have lost that game to Cleveland. I don't know that a vast improvement in coaching could have made a darn difference anyway.

So, my suggestion is...let Friday go and look to Oct. 31 and let's get our job done so we can at least walk away with a tie for region champs. (Oh, yeah, and you can spend a little time wishing on a star that maybe, just maybe, Walker County will beat Cleveland...) /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Injuries are a part of the game, I understand they may have had something to do with the way Rhea played, but I doubt they could of made up 34 points. Cleveland played their most complete game of the season, and that defense just keeps getting better with every game

When you are without as many starters as we were you don't hit on all cylinders. If we had all our starters there wouldn't have been a need to make up 34 points. I'll be the first to say Cleveland played a good game last night

but I assure you it would have been a different story if everyone was healthy.

I'm sure that if Rhea had all their players healthy it would have been a closer game. It would have been closer but as bad as I hate to say it I think Cleveland would have still taken it. Rhea could have maybe done a little more on offense (maybe). But I don't think they could have done a whole lot more on defense. Think about it. All their starters that were out play on the outside and in the secondary. Cleveland did not hurt Rhea that badly on the outside or by passing. Tipton took it to Rhea right up the middle most of the night. Cleveland's line did a good job opening up holes and Rhea did not help themselves with their poor tackling. I know it was messy and that is all the more reason for wrapping up.

I may be wrong here but I think Walt is a little intimidated by good teams and the big game. He gets too conservative and he's afraid to open it up. When your down 21-7 it's time to adjust to something else. If nothing else do something to give Moffett a breather. Rhea was 2 for 4 on passes over 15 yards in the first half. That's not great but it's better than 3 and out over and again. And as someone mentioned earlier, why not throw to Swafford. He gets 1 or 2 passes a game and he is open alot. He's a big target and has good hands.

J.T. is back home. and that is what is important to me. I seriously doubt he will play next friday, but he can that is great. I will give Cleveland alot of credit that was maybe the most athletic team we have played. Their skilled players are outstanding athletes. Personally defense wise I thought we played a good game in first half, and the second half the injury factor showed. We are strecthed thin in the secondary right now. Offense wise I don't know what is going on. I know injuries, weather, and some conservative play calling didn't help, but last night we couldn't catch or block most of the time. Which is rare to say about the line. I see where alot of people are coming about getting the ball to swaff, but it would take only one good hit and he is done. I would say he is only 70% right now. Personally I want him to be healthy and help us in the play-offs. What's done is done and its time to use this loss like they used the McMinn loss as movtivation.

Now time to turn the focus on White Co. What to do personel wise? I mean do you rest the starters and play some of the back-ups or not. Alot is riding on this game win we host a play-off game. We lose we go to Powell. That is if there is no up sets. However the starters need to rest and get healthy in a bad way.

I haven't heard any talk about moving the game - if they do, I'm sure it's because of Halloween. I say play it like it lays. We did last week.

And I guess I don't understand or maybe Free Press was wrong in their story yesterday. They said Cleveland could "sew up" the region Championship if they win next Friday. I thought if they win AND we win, we're tied for the region title. Can someone clarify for me?