WHH @ MTCS

cougarball3

I'll be honest, I do not know much about WHH other than they are big. I will talk to the coaches this week and see what they look like on tape. However, I do know that against Community, MTCS offense looked to be in great strides. Defense looked...ok...they have been better. I think Community had so many shifts etc going on that it was hard to get used to. I will make my pick later in the week for this one. Just starting the thread. Welcome home this week Cougars /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be honest, I do not know much about WHH other than they are big. I will talk to the coaches this week and see what they look like on tape. However, I do know that against Community, MTCS offense looked to be in great strides. Defense looked...ok...they have been better. I think Community had so many shifts etc going on that it was hard to get used to. I will make my pick later in the week for this one. Just starting the thread. Welcome home this week Cougars /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I will take MTCS in this one. I have not picked WHH all this year so why start now.................................. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I will take MTCS in this one. I have not picked WHH all this year so why start now.................................. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I like where you are coming from /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I'm taking MTCS for two reasons. First, I think as a team they are more talented than Heritage. Second, WHH has a very cocky attitude. We weren't the only team that has seen this side of them. It seems to be the overall opinion of the region. GO MTCS!

Hmmm...whatever gives us the "W".

Sorry, Cougar, I picked against you guys in this one. I think Shadowen is a smart enough coach to realize that this game isn't near as important as next week and he'll most likely allow any nagging injuries to heal this week. He also will not want to show Forrest alot before their matchup. I think if this game meant anything to the Cougars, they would win it but given Shad's history, he's an all or nothing kind of guy so he's likely playing for the playoffs not a regular season record.

I will have to disagree with you C-11 on a couple things when it comes to the Cougars outlook this week.

A. I do not think Coach Shadowens is very happy with the way his team is playing right now. Every since the McEwen game this team has played with the lack of intensity it showed in the first 5 games of the season where it beat a good Eagleville team, and played Cascade and JoByrns very good and close. I think he sees this week as a time to get the team playing the way it can and should for Week 10. I do not think he wants his team taking this week off, especially since it has looked like they have taken the last 3 off already.

B. To my knowledge I do not think there have been any injuries that need to be rested. The only thing you really see as a fan is Coats having a cast on his hand and that has not and will not be a factor this week.

C. I think the regular season means a lot to this team to, and this game means a lot in terms it gives them 6 wins, and a promises a winning season. For a team picked near or at the bottom of every preseason poll, a 6 win season even without making the playoffs is a success, although I am sure they would much rather have 6 wins, with that 6th being against Forrest.

I just dont see the Cougars taking the week off. This team has some talent and skill, but they are not talented enough to take a week off and then turn it back on in week 10, and Coach Shad knows this.

I think you will see a refocused team this week, back at home and I think the Cougars will come out and compete.

Sorry, Cougar, I picked against you guys in this one. I think Shadowen is a smart enough coach to realize that this game isn't near as important as next week and he'll most likely allow any nagging injuries to heal this week. He also will not want to show Forrest alot before their matchup. I think if this game meant anything to the Cougars, they would win it but given Shad's history, he's an all or nothing kind of guy so he's likely playing for the playoffs not a regular season record.

I see your point, but on this I have to disagree. We have come a long way this year. After a tough road stretch, and with the end of the season shaping out to be an exciting one, I think you want as many people on your fan wagon as is possible. Coming back home, I think Shad wants to show some appreciation to the fans and give the boys a little fire heading into the Forrest game. I do understand that this game doesn't ride the playoff spot, but we have played flat last couple weeks. Our defense needs a little boost. Offense is clicking right now but the defense seems to have lost some of its emotion. I do however see some rest being possible if the game gets out of hand...in either direction. Whether we are up big or down big, I think the starters could see some of the sideline. But, if we are in a close game at the half, I do not see us coasting out the 2nd half with underclassmen and probably conceding a loss. Either way...I look forward to an unbelievable game in week 10 vs. the Rockets and beg everyone to come. Cougar or Rocket. Let's get that stadium Loud and Proud to be a fairly new host site...to some Friday Night Lights!!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />