Dist 4-A! How do you see it ending up?

superdaveosborne

gtg, on another note....how did the girls (and boys) fare last night against Monterey. We will certainly have a little more depth this season....won't we? The Jr. High won again....they will be quite a load if they can get out of their shooting slump. I would expect that to occur eventually.

Kaz

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought it was good to see that O.S. is ranked 6 in the Prepxtra Rankings and Wartburg is 15. Sounds like Dist 4A is looking pretty good for this season.

I think that The final district standings will show that O.S. is first and Wartburg is Second.

I wouldn't be suprised to see Oneida beat one or both of these teams and the same goes for Coalfield but when tournament time rolls around I believe Wartburg and O.S. will rise to the top!

bballpain

do you realize who does the hiring in the schools. If I have heard right, The principle does the hiring and all the interviews for each school that he/she is principle and then recommends them to the director/superiendent. Yes the Director of schools is J. Davis's father but he only hires the ones that the principle recommends. Ask the Principle of the school who recommended J. Davis for the coaching job, I was told that it was Mr. Dallas Davis Principle of Wartburg Central High School. This should never come in play and involve the kids on a ball team.

So who decides who is a principle? Does the director of schools or his office have any say so in selecting a principle?

Just curious, if he or his office does have a say, what principle in his right mind wouldn't recommend his "son" for a coaching job?

I don't know, I'm just asking....but, IF...IF he or his office has some say in it, your argument doesn't hold water.

I say we should be able to VOTE for director of schools!....I thought this country ran on democracy......

Its about time that someone STOOD-UP to the regime at the Morgan County Central School Office....and MOST times you have to step on peoples toes to get to where Mike Davis was. It seems to me that too many toes were stepped on and you forgot where you came from!!!!! Even worst, would be if Ms Lane was appointed....director clean them all out

way to go school board

The Varsity won by about 25 I think and the J.V. won by about 18. The team looked much better but there are still some issues that need to be worked out but from saturday to tuesday there has been some serious improvement.

rsquared,

I agree with you 100% Dallas Davis is Wartburg Girl's Basketball, Boy's Basketball, Football, Math, Science, P.E. class, runs Hardee's, WECO, Sonic, was the best water boy in TTU's history, and just about everything else that is Wartburg!

Go to CHS and look at the facilities they're nasty, the dress code is barely there at all I was embarrased during Halloween, and ask his teachers about discipline in the classrooms. Yep, Dallas Davis has proven to be larger than his school or school system!

When Dallas retires do you folks think that the morgan co. board of ed. should close central high school? It would be impossible to replace such a man.

You cant put man and Dallas davis in the same sentence its easy to rule kids but when hes faced with a real man he is not such a big man on campus and thats the way i see it!

Its about time that someone STOOD-UP to the regime at the Morgan County Central School Office....and MOST times you have to step on peoples toes to get to where Mike Davis was. It seems to me that too many toes were stepped on and you forgot where you came from!!!!! Even worst, would be if Ms Lane was appointed....director clean them all out

way to go school board

Well this as many other things associated with coach ti is something that got me thinking. So I went to the state's website on education and wanted to see what Mike Davis has done in his time as director. Some things I found interesting are.

1. We had a couple of schools that were on target and at risk of having the state take over when he took over, now we have none.

2. Every major academic stat went up except for math.

3. Graduation rates went up

4. He hired a new principal at every school except Central High

5. However you cut it he hired the person that took the CHS girls to state and the school's first ever regional champ in basketball

6. All facilities in the county were upgraded.

I would say that our county could do much worse than Mike for the next 4 years.

Also I would like to thank him for his efforts to try and help our Oakdale Football program. His office was always helpful to us.

I didn't care for him or his boy when all this began. I now think that we as a county could see some big time issues when he is gone. I don't know why some hate him so badly could be that he did what was right and all too often that means it isn't popular.

Well this as many other things associated with coach ti is something that got me thinking. So I went to the state's website on education and wanted to see what Mike Davis has done in his time as director. Some things I found interesting are.

1. We had a couple of schools that were on target and at risk of having the state take over when he took over, now we have none.

2. Every major academic stat went up except for math.

3. Graduation rates went up

4. He hired a new principal at every school except Central High

5. However you cut it he hired the person that took the CHS girls to state and the school's first ever regional champ in basketball

6. All facilities in the county were upgraded.

I would say that our county could do much worse than Mike for the next 4 years.

I didn't care for him or his boy when all this began. I now think that we as a county could see some big time issues when he is gone. I don't know why some hate him so badly could be that he did what was right and all too often that means it isn't popular.

Humm...i wonder why wartburg didnt get a new principal? maybe cauz the principle is kin to mike davis....and as for the facilties beeing upgraded...... aha S**T!!!! but who cares this is all n the past.....JUST LIKE HIS JOB!!

Heard Oneida had no trouble with Monterey in the scrimmage last Thursday Nov 13. I also realize a couple of Monterey's better players have transferred out, but I hope the Oneida girls utilize their athletisism, basketball skills, and great coaching to build on a successful season. GOOD LUCK THIS YEAR LADY INDIANS ! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />