Grainger Grizzlies

bigbluefan4ever

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Kev....I got a tape of the game today and sat down to look at all the bad calls. Guess what? They were pretty much even! The play where the young man from GP was injured was very interesting. McBee went up for the ball, and was hit from behind by a GP player, and as he was coming down, the young man who was injured jumped up and they collided in mid air. It was very unfortunate. I understand the young man had several stitches and came home. A good outcome. According to what is on the tape, the call was a good call. There were plenty of bad calls, but this wasn't one of them. I think the calls are much worse with 3 officials on the floor instead of when we had 2. Even with the bad calls, both ways, and the injury, it was a good game played by two good teams. I even heard one of the GP boys telling our guys they would get them in the tournament as they were shaking hands. Who knows, maybe they will get a third chance to beat us when the tourmanents roll around. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Find something else to whine about. Who died and made you a basketball guru. If you don't know anything about basketball you could watch the game film a hundred times and you still wouldn't know if there were bad calls or not. Just a thought. You said according to the "game film" McBee was hit from behind. How did he then go backwards and hit Sims with the back of his head? Strange? Since you made such a big deal about Placeres being on the court and are a self proclaimed basketball genius explain that TSSAA coaching box rule. (Oh, by the way, they use NFHSA rules anyway.) And "if" you were a player one trip down the court would take care of it! If!If!If! Get a life. You've rode this horse for 2 years. I think Placeres still plays in the Rocky Top league. If you're that impationed about it go take him on in that league. Oh, probably not good enough?

Find something else to whine about. Who died and made you a basketball guru. If you don't know anything about basketball you could watch the game film a hundred times and you still wouldn't know if there were bad calls or not. Just a thought. You said according to the "game film" McBee was hit from behind. How did he then go backwards and hit Sims with the back of his head? Strange? Since you made such a big deal about Placeres being on the court and are a self proclaimed basketball genius explain that TSSAA coaching box rule. (Oh, by the way, they use NFHSA rules anyway.) And "if" you were a player one trip down the court would take care of it! If!If!If! Get a life. You've rode this horse for 2 years. I think Placeres still plays in the Rocky Top league. If you're that impationed about it go take him on in that league. Oh, probably not good enough?

Charger, not whining about any of it. Just talking to Kev. Simply following up on another conversation. My apologies if you have the idea I want to "rub" any of this in anyone's face. No way would I make light of the injury or the young man involved. A very unfortunate accident. We can argue forever over the call and never agree. Plain and simple two good teams played a hard game and had to fight poor officiating from a couple of the officials. We will never come to an agreement on your coach or any other for that matter spending time on the playing surface when the clock is running. Just not good, but it does happen. Chill out and enjoy the game.....after all that is what it is....a game! Ha, ha, ha! You are correct that one trip down the court would take care of me. I'm just glad to be able to walk in and find my seat! boxn1 is right. Let's drop it and enjoy the reunion during tournament time! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

What does anyone think about the match-up with Union County tonight? I heard it should be a good game, and that if Grainger isn't on their game they may get it handed to them tonight. I also heard that Vittetoe was back to playing, is that true, because I didn't think he played with them in the Christmas tourney. I mean he might have and I may be wrong about that. Anyway good luck to the guys tonight.

What does anyone think about the match-up with Union County tonight? I heard it should be a good game, and that if Grainger isn't on their game they may get it handed to them tonight. I also heard that Vittetoe was back to playing, is that true, because I didn't think he played with them in the Christmas tourney. I mean he might have and I may be wrong about that. Anyway good luck to the guys tonight.

WOW! What a great game and especially the 2nd half. Grainger only scored 4 in the first and had 15 at the half. The half ended with Skylar getting fouled on a desparation half court shot that had the Union coach livid. Skylar hit two of three and the Grizzlies took the momentum to the half and came out on fire. (This was proof you had better let a sleeping dog lie.) They quickly took the lead and it went back and forth until they went up 5 or 6 and Union could not get the lead back. Two good teams and an exciting game! Farmer played well in the 2nd half and may have been the difference tonight. Sklyar and Humphrey both played their usual strong game and the third option made them dangerous tonight. Great job guys...good luck as you go on into the remainder of district schedule.

That's a HUGE win. Defending the home floor against a team with good depth at guard like Union is crucial. As Rutledge/Grainger fans know we don't normally see our guys pull off a sweep of the Patriots so we'll have to wait two weeks and see if the trend is bucked or not. Regardless that's big-time good stuff. Now the boys go on the road for the rest of the month.

WOW! What a great game and especially the 2nd half. Grainger only scored 4 in the first and had 15 at the half. The half ended with Skylar getting fouled on a desparation half court shot that had the Union coach livid. Skylar hit two of three and the Grizzlies took the momentum to the half and came out on fire. (This was proof you had better let a sleeping dog lie.) They quickly took the lead and it went back and forth until they went up 5 or 6 and Union could not get the lead back. Two good teams and an exciting game! Farmer played well in the 2nd half and may have been the difference tonight. Sklyar and Humphrey both played their usual strong game and the third option made them dangerous tonight. Great job guys...good luck as you go on into the remainder of district schedule.

Hey GC! Any truth to the rumor that the Union Co coach ran onto the floor in Skylar's face when the "desperatoin foul" was called. I find it hard to believe as the Union Co. coach is such a classy guy. Heard the fans were into the intimidation as well. Good win. Way to go Grizzlies! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Hey GC! Any truth to the rumor that the Union Co coach ran onto the floor in Skylar's face when the "desperatoin foul" was called. I find it hard to believe as the Union Co. coach is such a classy guy. Heard the fans were into the intimidation as well. Good win. Way to go Grizzlies! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

No the coach didn't "run onto the floor in Skylars face", but was WALKING to the locker room while Skylar was walking to the line to shoot. Skylar was actually walking towards him to shoot and the coach walked by him. Not sure what was said but it's nothing like the "rumor" you heard.

Good game and Congrats to Grainger.

UC coach was upset on the play, but I didn't see him get in Skylars face. I noticed one official talked to the coach as he walked off the court. Maybe he said something as he walked by Skylar on the way to the lockeroom, I don't know. It was an intense moment and he probably thought the foul could have been called before the shot or not at all. In reality there was a bump as Skylar came up the court to shoot the desperation shot. The coach could have been upset with his player for putting himself in that position on a long shot like that. Regardless if anything was said or if the foul was before the shot that play woke up the Grizzlies. That was a key point in the game for them. Grainger used that play to pick up their intensity and it would have been better for UC if it had not happened. This sure was a great game to watch for the fans. Nice to see such a big crowd, too. Bad weather and no school didn't keep anyone away. Good luck the rest of the way Grizzlies!

UC coach was upset on the play, but I didn't see him get in Skylars face. I noticed one official talked to the coach as he walked off the court. Maybe he said something as he walked by Skylar on the way to the lockeroom, I don't know. It was an intense moment and he probably thought the foul could have been called before the shot or not at all. In reality there was a bump as Skylar came up the court to shoot the desperation shot. The coach could have been upset with his player for putting himself in that position on a long shot like that. Regardless if anything was said or if the foul was before the shot that play woke up the Grizzlies. That was a key point in the game for them. Grainger used that play to pick up their intensity and it would have been better for UC if it had not happened. This sure was a great game to watch for the fans. Nice to see such a big crowd, too. Bad weather and no school didn't keep anyone away. Good luck the rest of the way Grizzlies!

Thanks GC! I've known Coach Jessie for several years and the rumor sure didn't sound like him. He's a total classy coach and that was so out of character for him. Don't know many coaches who don't really "get into the game". That's what makes them good coaches! Appreciate the correct information! Union Co. and Grainger Co. will always be a good rivalry! Go Grizzlies! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Well Coach Jesse was not to classy for a few brief moments on Friday night. He did say something to McBee while he was standing at the free throw line and said it in an angry manner. This is why the referee had a chat with the coach. He should have been given a technical foul. Regardless of the call, good or bad, coach Jesse was in the wrong. I understand it was a big game and tempers were hot but a coach should never do that to an opposing player. Also a little reminder to all of you out there don't tug on Superman's cape.