Division II Mr. Football Official Ballot

CoachT

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barry Brunetti-QB-MUS. Has led his team to a perfect 8-0 record despite the loss of his top two receivers for half the season. Only a junior, might be the best "athlete" in the Memphis-Shelby Metro area.

I believe the UGA coaching staff took a look at him last Friday after they saw Marlon Brown. Haven't seen him, but he sounds like a player.

EHS is averaging over 317 yards rushing a game, is leading DII in scoring average, and has only given up 2 sacks all year. They also average over 450 yards per game. I think its hard to argue against EHS' offensive line in terms of statistics, and Will Netterville is definitely the leader of their veteran group.

Let's see how many yards EHS gets the rest of the way. If MBA played the schedule that Ensworth played, Spencer Wise might have 10,000 passing yards.

If I had 7 weeks to get ready for an opponent, I might gain 500 too. Like I said, let's see how the next few weeks go.

I don't think so. Rushing for 500 yards is a heck of an accomplishment that comes from great players and great coaching. Ensworth also played a very good McCallie team the week before MBA.

I don't think so. Rushing for 500 yards is a heck of an accomplishment that comes from great players and great coaching. Ensworth also played a very good McCallie team the week before MBA.

"Great" is not determined by a single win over a quality opponent.

McCallie is a middle-of the-road DII team this year and EHS had to go to OT to beat them. Most of those yards (other than MBA, admittedly) came by playing starters far into the 2nd half against hopelessly overmatched opponents.

EHS was not "great" last week against a poor Ryan team. You will probably be "great" this week against Warren Co. (3-5 this year against opponents with a combined record of 26 wins and 37 losses including some 3A teams).

The team that is still standing on Nov 25th, will have been "great" for this season.

BTW, I am not an MBAer, just used Wise as an example.

"Great" is not determined by a single win over a quality opponent.

McCallie is a middle-of the-road DII team this year and EHS had to go to OT to beat them. Most of those yards (other than MBA, admittedly) came by playing starters far into the 2nd half against hopelessly overmatched opponents.

EHS was not "great" last week against a poor Ryan team. You will probably be "great" this week against Warren Co. (3-5 this year against opponents with a combined record of 26 wins and 37 losses including some 3A teams).

The team that is still standing on Nov 25th, will have been "great" for this season.

BTW, I am not an MBAer, just used Wise as an example.

I am not saying this because I think you are an MBA fan, I am saying this because I think Ensworth is a whole lot better than you give them credit for. Also Ensworth put up its best rushing numbers against their best opponents because they haven't kept their starters in against their weaker opponents.

Coacht Davidson Academy FB/LB Blair Arrington he was a finalist last year as a sophomore and is better this year he leads Davidson Academy in tackles with 84 that is 10.5 per game. He is also the lead blocker for Justin Williams who has rushed for almost 2000 yards. Blair is one of the leaders for DA and hope will be a finalist for the second year in a row. Thanks for voting for Class A Lineman.