2009-2012 Football Classifications set

MOTO24

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are the top 10, this year in the Nall ratings, of the teams that will be in the 1A and 2A football playoffs:

1A

1-South Pittsburg

6-Jo Byrns

8-Wayne County

9-Union City

10-Midway

12-McEwen

15-Collinwood

16-Greenback

18-Harriman

21-Lake County

2A

2-Trousdale

3-Friendship

4-McKenzie

5-Oneida

7-Mt Pleasant

11-Cascade

17-Trinity Christian

19-Grace Academy

20-Forrest

22-Hampton

Plus you have Boyd-Buchanan, Marion County and Signal Mountain who will be in Class A, 2A for playoffs.

(Fayette Academy moved to Division II, Manassas moved to Class AA)

I agree, South Pittsburg should have looked into moving into 2A playoffs, if it was possible to do so. I don't see them being challenged very often in the postseason as long as they remain at their current level.

Here are the top 10, this year in the Nall ratings, of the teams that will be in the 1A and 2A football playoffs:

1A

1-South Pittsburg

6-Jo Byrns

8-Wayne County

9-Union City

10-Midway

12-McEwen

15-Collinwood

16-Greenback

18-Harriman

21-Lake County

2A

2-Trousdale

3-Friendship

4-McKenzie

5-Oneida

7-Mt Pleasant

11-Cascade

17-Trinity Christian

19-Grace Academy

20-Forrest

22-Hampton

Plus you have Boyd-Buchanan, Marion County and Signal Mountain who will be in Class A, 2A for playoffs.

(Fayette Academy moved to Division II, Manassas moved to Class AA)

I agree, South Pittsburg should have looked into moving into 2A playoffs, if it was possible to do so. I don't see them being challenged very often in the postseason as long as they remain at their current level.

The deadline to move up from 1a to 2a is Oct. 27th. It's the same for moving from 3a to 4a...and 5a to 6a.

I was worried Halls would get caught in the split for AA but we made it into A by about six schools...whew!!!

From the looks of it, Region 8A is completely gone except for Halls:

Fayette - DII

TCA and Middleton - AA

Manassas - AAA

Does anybody think Huntingdon will petition to go back to AA or stay in A with the other West TN schools: us, Greenfield, Gleason, Lake County, South Fulton, Bruceton, West Carroll and Union City?

I don't see why South Pittsburg should move up....we are one of the smallest 1A schools. If we were a private school or recruited our players, I would see no problem. I sense a little bit of jealousy in that comment.

SP stomp Indians team also? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Appears GV will have a weak schedule like SP has. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Unless GV will still play the 2 & 3A teams already scheduled through out the season. I hope so. It will be very boring watching blow outs otherwise. I am also a bit ashamed I dont know what this nail list is. Maybe they should have taken in consideration GVs Jr High has won 21 straight against 1,2,&3A teams. To include SC,TC,& FC. I assume they used this years schedule to obtain this list.But its just a list. Amusing as usual.

SP stomp Indians team also? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Appears GV will have a weak schedule like SP has. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Unless GV will still play the 2 & 3A teams already scheduled through out the season. I hope so. It will be very boring watching blow outs otherwise. I am also a bit ashamed I dont know what this nail list is. Maybe they should have taken in consideration GVs Jr High has won 21 straight against 1,2,&3A teams. To include SC,TC,& FC. I assume they used this years schedule to obtain this list.But its just a list. Amusing as usual.

Here's a link to the list: http://earlnall.com/

I was worried Halls would get caught in the split for AA but we made it into A by about six schools...whew!!!

From the looks of it, Region 8A is completely gone except for Halls:

Fayette - DII

TCA and Middleton - AA

Manassas - AAA

Does anybody think Huntingdon will petition to go back to AA or stay in A with the other West TN schools: us, Greenfield, Gleason, Lake County, South Fulton, Bruceton, West Carroll and Union City?

Huntingdon will not petition have you seen there record in 2A this year? they will be happy to drop down to single A....the only problem i see with this thing is where will Adamsville, TCA, Riverside, and Scotts Hill Play? will they split them up and possibly send Riverside and Scotts Hill to the carroll county region with bruceton, huntingdon, west carroll, and mckenzie...that will send adamsville and TCA maybe with halls to memphis?????

Another thing do you think the TSSAA could possibly leave Gleason, Greenfield, Lake Co, South Fulton, Union City, Dresden together and Add Humboldt and Trenton Peabody???? thats a 9 team district / region i think they may split those teams up

What do ya think?

I agree...I wouldn't move up either. There is no reason to.

Then you agree with where Alcoa went. I think thats what was being reflected. Much the same situation if you stop and think about it. SC still has to deal with Alcoa. GV with SP. So its much the same. GV lost WT,FC, MJC and TC. Left with RBS, MHS,& Clay. Hopefully they will schedule in some quality 1A schools to play. If there is any left Without traveling for 3 hours..

On another note. Whats your thoughts on the SC/GV games continuing? Will it still happen?