Antoine Owens -Ezell

Chakra20

Posted by Chakra20:

UNiversity Of Tennessee.

/me hopes this true :o

I don't think we have agreed on too much related to public-private and 1A football, but I think we have found common ground. Antoine is one of the best linebackers I have seen in this area in a long, long time and I really hope he decides to attend UT. He has the ability to be a good-to- great linebacker in their system and carry on the recent Al Wilson, Eric Westmoreland, Eddie Moore tradition of outstanding UT linebackers from Tennessee high schools.

Posted by brichard:
Posted by Chakra20:

UNiversity Of Tennessee.

/me hopes this true ;)

I don't think we have agreed on too much related to public-private and 1A football, but I think we have found common ground. Antoine is one of the best linebackers I have seen in this area in a long, long time and I really hope he decides to attend UT. He has the ability to be a good-to- great linebacker in their system and carry on the recent Al Wilson, Eric Westmoreland, Eddie Moore tradition of outstanding UT linebackers from Tennessee high schools.

Ya hes gonna be a good player whereever he goes. He had told the team that he was goin to Virginia, but a recent visit to Tennessee may have changed his mind i dont know that for a fact though. Until signing day comes everything is hear say so ill take it for its worth, NOTHING. But if it is true gives even more reason to wathc UT play in the future. :o Like I needed anymore i dont think ive missed a game since 1985.

People ive heard mentioned GEorgia UT Virginia Penn STate Vandy MTSU UCLA and alabama just to name a few.

[Edited by Chakra20 on 8-13-02 3:45P]

Posted by EastTNsportswriter:

I know a lot of people want Antoine Owens at UT, I would like to see him there myself. I have been a huge Owens backer since I saw him in the 1-A Title game last year.

I believe he would be better fit at somewhere that he will get the chance to sign and play. I would hate to see his caliber of talent go to UT or Penn State and sit the bench until his junior or senior year.

I covered the Tennessee media day event last week, and I saw some size and heard some great things about their linebacking core for the next few years. I think Antoine is an excellent choice for UT to use at backer, but I think he would do good somewhere where he can come in and get valuable playing time and turn some heads week in and week out.

I would like to see him at somewhere that he can play and get NFL exposure. And the reason I am saying this is, look at Cloudland's Mark Byrd for instance. He's got the D-1 talent and mentality and we all want to see him at a D-1 school. But I would rather see him at a 1-AA Appalachian State where he would get excellent playing time, fit in, and be looked at by more NFL scouts, than see him at UT or Nebraska where he would ride the bench or play special teams.

But with Antoine's case, you also have to look at Eddie Moore from South Pittsburg who is starting at UT now. Interesting points... but I believe he will make the best choice.

I`d have to totally disagree with you. If he`s good, he`ll get the chance to play at UT. True it may not be until his junior year. May be sooner or may be later, but he`d get so much more out of a program like UT than a smaller school where he may get instant playing time. There`s a lot more to it than just the 11 or 12 or 13 games they play in a season. At UT he would be exposed to other NFL caliber players day in and day out. He`d be practicing against the best. Even if he isn`t playing from the start, he`d still be getting better competition by practicing at UT. Plus, Ut`s strength and conditioning program is second to none. I think it was one of Green Bay`s coaches last year who said that players who have been through UT`s program are thouroughly trained for the NFL. In other words, they don`t require as much training and coaching in the NFL as do kids from lesser programs.

If UT has offered and he wants to go there, then he needs to jump on it. UT recruits all over the country and only goes after top kids. If they fill their needs before he commits, he`ll be out of luck.

Posted by VolunteerGeneral:
Posted by EastTNsportswriter:

I know a lot of people want Antoine Owens at UT, I would like to see him there myself. I have been a huge Owens backer since I saw him in the 1-A Title game last year.

I believe he would be better fit at somewhere that he will get the chance to sign and play. I would hate to see his caliber of talent go to UT or Penn State and sit the bench until his junior or senior year.

I covered the Tennessee media day event last week, and I saw some size and heard some great things about their linebacking core for the next few years. I think Antoine is an excellent choice for UT to use at backer, but I think he would do good somewhere where he can come in and get valuable playing time and turn some heads week in and week out.

I would like to see him at somewhere that he can play and get NFL exposure. And the reason I am saying this is, look at Cloudland's Mark Byrd for instance. He's got the D-1 talent and mentality and we all want to see him at a D-1 school. But I would rather see him at a 1-AA Appalachian State where he would get excellent playing time, fit in, and be looked at by more NFL scouts, than see him at UT or Nebraska where he would ride the bench or play special teams.

But with Antoine's case, you also have to look at Eddie Moore from South Pittsburg who is starting at UT now. Interesting points... but I believe he will make the best choice.

I`d have to totally disagree with you. If he`s good, he`ll get the chance to play at UT. True it may not be until his junior year. May be sooner or may be later, but he`d get so much more out of a program like UT than a smaller school where he may get instant playing time. There`s a lot more to it than just the 11 or 12 or 13 games they play in a season. At UT he would be exposed to other NFL caliber players day in and day out. He`d be practicing against the best. Even if he isn`t playing from the start, he`d still be getting better competition by practicing at UT. Plus, Ut`s strength and conditioning program is second to none. I think it was one of Green Bay`s coaches last year who said that players who have been through UT`s program are thouroughly trained for the NFL. In other words, they don`t require as much training and coaching in the NFL as do kids from lesser programs.

If UT has offered and he wants to go there, then he needs to jump on it. UT recruits all over the country and only goes after top kids. If they fill their needs before he commits, he`ll be out of luck.

I think most head coaches would tell their kids to go to a school where they get the best deal that is offered and one that will help them earn an education! U.T. may not be the best fit for every athlete if they plan on graduating. They have one of the lowest graduation percentages in the SEC. My primary concern is will the player graduate in 4-5 years?