Hillsboro vs Tullahoma

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The following was on the region 5-4a website

Tullahoma (2-2, 5-3) at Hillsboro (4-0, 6-2): For awhile Friday night it appeared this contest might be for the region title. Tullahoma was within seven points of Maplewood late in the third quarter and Hillsboro was having all sorts of problems with Whites Creek at the same time.

Then the world found its balance again and the Burros and Panthers went on to victory. Hillsboro still hasn't looked overpowering this year and the reason is its line play is just not up to the Burros' usual calibar. The Wildcats will have to eliminate the mistakes they made last week, but an upset is a possibility here. Pick: Hillsboro.

Has this guy ever seen us play? The line may be under sized but they have battled with some of the best D-lines in the state ie. BA MBA Ensworth Maplewood. Just a hater. This garbage is not worth reading.

Tullahoma (2-2, 5-3) at Hillsboro (4-0, 6-2): For awhile Friday night it appeared this contest might be for the region title. Tullahoma was within seven points of Maplewood late in the third quarter and Hillsboro was having all sorts of problems with Whites Creek at the same time.

Then the world found its balance again and the Burros and Panthers went on to victory. Hillsboro still hasn't looked overpowering this year and the reason is its line play is just not up to the Burros' usual calibar. The Wildcats will have to eliminate the mistakes they made last week, but an upset is a possibility here. Pick: Hillsboro.

Has this guy ever seen us play? The line may be under sized but they have battled with some of the best D-lines in the state ie. BA MBA Ensworth Maplewood. Just a hater. This garbage is not worth reading.

I agree wholeheartedly. I didn't realize Hillsboro beating teams by multiple TD's was such a disappointment. Add to that Hillsboro losing only to Franklin by 6 points and MBA by 5 points. Geez, that undersized line seems to be doing okay for the Burros this year I'd say. Get back to me if Maplewood upsets Hillsboro in the 4A quarterfinals again and prevents us from likely playing Henry County in the semifinals. WHEN this Hillsboro team plays with discipline and focus, they can play with and beat the best teams in the state of TN regardless of classification.

54a guy.. its not like he isnt telling the truth this time ..he lied a lil last week but hey i forgave him, he just didnt see the light until it was to late, and footballfan ..you havent played 2 of those teams in a real game. and i cant wait to get back over there in donkey town ..and watch you guys get what you got last year ..and i think he has seen you play ..and he is not as impressed as in years past ... and i cant blame him /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I agree wholeheartedly. I didn't realize Hillsboro beating teams by multiple TD's was such a disappointment. Add to that Hillsboro losing only to Franklin by 6 points and MBA by 5 points. Geez, that undersized line seems to be doing okay for the Burros this year I'd say. Get back to me if Maplewood upsets Hillsboro in the 4A quarterfinals again and prevents us from likely playing Henry County in the semifinals. WHEN this Hillsboro team plays with discipline and focus, they can play with and beat the best teams in the state of TN regardless of classification.

man ..you on that stuff ... it wouldnt be an upset either .. its going to be all out or go home ..and thats when those panthers rise!! ive seen it b4!!

man ..you on that stuff ... it wouldnt be an upset either .. its going to be all out or go home ..and thats when those panthers rise!! ive seen it b4!!

Well, I have seen it ONCE boski. Btw, hopefully HHS won't turnover the ball next time either...kind of like when we didn't earlier this year. When Hillsboro doesn't hurt themselves, Maplewood just doesn't seem to be able to beat the Burros.

On that stuff? For what? Believing Hillsboro can beat the best teams in the state regardless of classification when they stay focused, and play with discipline as a TEAM? Look in the mirror there boski...your eternal optimism for your alma mater's football team's capabilities makes mine look not only like realism, but even pessimism.

Well, I have seen it ONCE boski. Btw, hopefully HHS won't turnover the ball next time either...kind of like we when we didn't earlier this year. When Hillsboro doesn't hurt themselves, Maplewood just doesn't seem to be able to beat the Burros.

On that stuff? For what? Believing Hillsboro can beat the best teams in the state regardless of classification when they stay focused, and play with discipline as a TEAM? Look in the mirror there boski...your eternal optimism for your alma mater's football team's capabilities makes mine look not only like realism, but even pessimism.

not only are you on that stuff but u on the good stuff ... either that or u pulled out the dictionary .. let me try , you apear to be oversellous about this years team, and discombobulated about what happened last year and afraid that the same ..will happen again this year! and it will go panthers!!! now take that buddy!!

not only are you on that stuff but u on the good stuff ... either that or u pulled out the dictionary .. let me try , you apear to be oversellous about this years team, and discombobulated about what happened last year and afraid that the same ..will happen again this year! and it will go panthers!!! now take that buddy!!

Alright boski, I'll keep that one in my back pocket. Btw, overzealous; I always am about Hillsboro football, but again, you should look in the mirror when you say that. You are overzealous about what happened last year and have decided that upsetting Hillsboro in the quarterfinals and going on to finish as the 4A State Runner-Up all the sudden means that Hillsboro's football program isn't better than Maplewood's. Hillsboro has THREE of those Silver Footballs and one GOLD ball in the past 7 years that say otherwise.

Like I have been telling you all year boski: I can't imagine what it will be like for you for at least the next 4 years under the reclassification if Hillsboro beats Maplewood again. That hatred for Hillsboro you have will have no outlet. Maybe you'll find one. See ya'll in the quarterfinals man! Good luck until then!

Guest catsvoice

To those who call Region 54a.com garbage and the writer a hater.

The truth is the owner of region54a.com, which is myself, provides the website with standings, updated stats, etc. with no help from anybody either financially or doing the work. Its all me, every week, putting in time and effort to provide something a little extra for the kids, fans, etc. If you don't like what I say then don't read it and feel free to give countless hours of your time to make a better web site.

I have seen Hillsboro play every single time it has ever played Tullahoma and have always been extremely impressed with the quality of players, coaches, and fans of the Burros. The website has olny picked the Burros to win the region almost every year, and has selected far more Burros on the all-region team than any other school.

I have not seen your team this year other than the second half of the Maplewood game on television. My point was that the scores being produced by the Burros have not been as impressive as in recent years. I know you lost to two very good teams. Good grief, just because I said your line wasn't up to recent standards doesn't mean I don't think you have a great team.

Ease up a little and realize I created and maintain the site to add a little something to the season for fans of the region like myself and you folks. I appreciate you visiting it and reading it and I accept that everyone is not always going to agree with what I say. I do ask that you not come on here and brand me as a hater and the site as garbage because a lot of folks do enjoy the site.

I look forward, as I always do, to coming to Burro country Friday night and I hope we have some dry weather. Our broadcast team usually has to sit in the visitors' stands because there is not room for the three, yes three, radio stations that carry THS football. I hope you will seek me out and introduce yourselves because I always enjoy meeting fellow Region 5-4A fans.

Alright boski, I'll keep that one in my back pocket. Btw, overzealous; I always am about Hillsboro football, but again, you should look in the mirror when you say that. You are overzealous about what happened last year and have decided that upsetting Hillsboro in the quarterfinals and going on to finish as the 4A State Runner-Up all the sudden means that Hillsboro's football program isn't better than Maplewood's. Hillsboro has THREE of those Silver Footballs and one GOLD ball in the past 7 years that say otherwise.

Like I have been telling you all year boski: I can't imagine what it will be like for you for at least the next 4 years under the reclassification if Hillsboro beats Maplewood again. That hatred for Hillsboro you have will have no outlet. Maybe you'll find one. See ya'll in the quarterfinals man! Good luck until then!

wow you got gold balls man thats big!! and so does maryville , alcoa, fulton, david lispcomb , smyrna, riverdale, mba, oak ridge, ba ... blah blah

..so dont feel special ..you are no better than the next team yourself pal. and you are going to see that onceT and again and yes i said onceT ..

and your not the onely school on my list right maryville? so get it right .