Hillsboro vs Tullahoma

From a Tullhoma's fan perspective, I thought Hillsboro had the best overall team that the Cats have played this season. The Burros really don't have any weaknesses. They have great speed, depth and a fantastic kicking game. I think Maplewood has a little edge in defense, but overall, Hillsboro looks like the better team. Tullahoma played pretty good Friday nite, but the best team won. Hope you guys have a good playoff run and represent Region 5-4A well.

I certainly have to agree with you Binns. Hillsboro is a talented team throughout their lineup. Every team can be exploited somehow, and Tullahoma would have needed to play an A game, the entire game. Even though the scores against Tullahoma may not reflect it, Maplewood has more exploitable weaknesses and could have been beaten. I see Hillsboro kicking into high gear in the playoffs and making a run at the title for sure.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see Hillsboro kicking into high gear in the playoffs and making a run at the title for sure.

I sure hope you're right. Everything I hear out of Paris is that Henry County is the team that will finally topple the Maryville juggernaut. If they are that good, HHS will be in trouble despite all their weapons. I am hoping that Henry County is not quite as good as advertised, which could be a possibility considering their relatively soft regular season schedule, but I know they have a UTK commit at RB who is a LOAD and an athlete at QB/CB who is being recruited much in the same way Eric Gordon and Alex Crutcher for Hillsboro are.

I sure hope you're right. Everything I hear out of Paris is that Henry County is the team that will finally topple the Maryville juggernaut. If they are that good, HHS will be in trouble despite all their weapons. I am hoping that Henry County is not quite as good as advertised, which could be a possibility considering their relatively soft regular season schedule, but I know they have a UTK commit at RB who is a LOAD and an athlete at QB/CB who is being recruited much in the same way Eric Gordon and Alex Crutcher for Hillsboro are.

The question is, and will be, if Crutcher and Gordon will remain healthy for their title chase. I have not seen Henry Co. play, but friends who have say they are impressive against their scheduled opponents. As the playoffs hit, though, can Teague & Company play 48 minutes since they usually have blown folks out and not played the entire game?

I certainly have to agree with you Binns. Hillsboro is a talented team throughout their lineup. Every team can be exploited somehow, and Tullahoma would have needed to play an A game, the entire game. Even though the scores against Tullahoma may not reflect it, Maplewood has more exploitable weaknesses and could have been beaten. I see Hillsboro kicking into high gear in the playoffs and making a run at the title for sure.

hillsboro has just as many weak spots... i dont care to talk about them right now but i know they are there .. ive seen them! so who is not going to kick it into high gear? isnt that what maplewood did last year ... mainly on the road ...they knocked on clarksvilles door!!! ..they knocked over bandwagons in donkey town .. they knocked in ole paris tn ..so dont think for one game that it cant happen again ...... what??? maplewood could have been beaten by t town ?? .. your team couldnt have beaten anyone, if that was the case then i should be able to say this ..maplewood could have beaten hillsboro the first game right? bottom line is they didnt .. they could have beaten hunters lane ..but they beat themselves both games ..thats what your missing they are not playing like that anymore ..they are going to bring the wood!!!

hillsboro has just as many weak spots... i dont care to talk about them right now but i know they are there .. ive seen them! so who is not going to kick it into high gear? isnt that what maplewood did last year ... mainly on the road ...they knocked on clarksvilles door!!! ..they knocked over bandwagons in donkey town .. they knocked in ole paris tn ..so dont think for one game that it cant happen again ...... what??? maplewood could have been beaten by t town ?? .. your team couldnt have beaten anyone, if that was the case then i should be able to say this ..maplewood could have beaten hillsboro the first game right? bottom line is they didnt .. they could have beaten hunters lane ..but they beat themselves both games ..thats what your missing they are not playing like that anymore ..they are going to bring the wood!!!

Lot of what ifs, and I'll be the first to say Maplewood did beat Tullahoma. The facts are Tullahoma lost to both good teams, BUT Maplewood did lose to Hillsboro. Like any good fan, I believe in My team.

Lot of what ifs, and I'll be the first to say Maplewood did beat Tullahoma. The facts are Tullahoma lost to both good teams, BUT Maplewood did lose to Hillsboro. Like any good fan, I believe in My team.

point taken my friend ...but we got new points to make ....ya heard me!