Predicted 1A order of finish in each region!

TwoBadKnees

my playoff prediction...

Round 1

Cascade vs Moore Co.

McEwen vs. Mt Pleasant

Jo Byrns vs. Collinwood

Forrest vs. Wayne County

that part isnt possible is it? what would it take to get collinwood in second place, and still have wayne county in 1st? wouldnt that include collinwood beating wayne county, and if that happened wouldnt mtp be in first?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my playoff prediction...

Round 1

Cosby vs Harriman

Greenback vs Cloudland

Hampton vs Midway

Onieda vs GCA

South Pitt vs Gordonsville

Lookout Valley vs FCS

GBA vs Watertown

Siverdale vs TC

Cascade vs Moore Co.

McEwen vs. Mt Pleasant

Jo Byrns vs. Collinwood

Forrest vs. Wayne County

UC vs halls

Gleason vs Manassas

Mckenzie vs Fayette Academy

TCA vs Lake County

Round 2

Cosby

Greenback

Hampton

Onieda

South Pitt

FCS

GBA

TC

Cascade

McEwen

Jo Byrns

Wayne Co.

UC

Manassas

McKenzie

TCA

Round 3

Greenback

Onieda

South Pitt

TC

Cascade

Wayne Co.

Manassas

McKenzie

Round 4

Onieda

South pitt

Cascade

Manassas

Round 5

South Pitt (easiest game since first round, think about it R2 FCS, R3 TC, R4 Oneida)

Manassas

Champion

South Pittsburg Pirates...

Suprise playoff team...Manassas makes a stand against a weak west this year...

can you tell me the last time region 2 made it farther then region 1

you may be right i seen oineda play they looked beatable i do not know about the rest of region

Of course they are. Who isn't?? And before anybody else say's it, let me tell ya...SP is beatable. Maybe not by anybody from region 2 or region 1 for that matter, but, IMO, anybody is beatable. I am not throwing off on SP by no means, I have the upmost respect for that program but I truly believe anybody is beatable on any given night.

Of course they are. Who isn't?? And before anybody else say's it, let me tell ya...SP is beatable. Maybe not by anybody from region 2 or region 1 for that matter, but, IMO, anybody is beatable. I am not throwing off on SP by no means, I have the upmost respect for that program but I truly believe anybody is beatable on any given night.

This is true. You see it every week in high school, college and pro sports. Someone who is not supposed to lose does. South Pittsburg can slip up along the way so they have to take it one game at a time as the old clich? goes. As soon as anyone begins thinking that they are unbeatable that is when bad things start happening. The coaches are making sure that they (the teams) don't get the big head though.

We are in agreement, although McEwen has been playing extremely well lately and may come into play with our region.

As bad as hate to say it C11 we agree on something.. MCEwen.. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" /> /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

CA can't win the region. Wayne County and Moore County hold the tie breaker over CA because CA lost to both of them during the season.

I believe that is an incorrect statement, MCGUY....and I'll tell you why: If CA beat Mp and Collinwood beat Wayne County, that would leave MC, CW, WC,MP, and CA all having two losses each. Since none of these teams can claim to have beaten all of the other 4 teams, you would have to move to the second tie-breaker after head-to-head matchup. This is TOTAL victories. Since CA and CW scheduled cream puffs for their two non region games, they would be the only ones still in the tie-breaker with 8 total victories each. If you continue on down the tie-breaker chart involving these two teams, you want see any seperation until you get to number (3) which is "team whose opponents have earned the most victories"... With CA's win over FRA and their measly two victories (probably 3 after the east robertson game) this would give them the region championship. Even if you revert back to head-to-head after these two teams seperate from the pack with the total victories rule, CA still wins region because of their head to head victory over Collinwood.

That, my Moore County friend, is the way CA could indeed win the region. Granted, they need a ton of help, but it is not impossible yet. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

From the TSSAA handbook.

1. The team with the greatest number of victories.

2. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams winning 50 percent or more of their games.

3. The team whose opponents have earned the most victories.

4. The team whose opponents have received fewer defeats.

5. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams in its own class.

6. Ten yardline overtime procedure at neutral site Monday night at 7:30 P.M.

When 1 team of the 3 comes out on top then the other two spots are determined by who won their head to head game.

I agree, and thats something every coach should be stressing to their kids right now, no one is unbeatable, no doubt that some are tougher outs than others, but no one is unbeatable. Good post Champ and good luck next week against the Kees. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I believe that is an incorrect statement, MCGUY....and I'll tell you why: If CA beat Mp and Collinwood beat Wayne County, that would leave MC, CW, WC,MP, and CA all having two losses each. Since none of these teams can claim to have beaten all of the other 4 teams, you would have to move to the second tie-breaker after head-to-head matchup. This is TOTAL victories. Since CA and CW scheduled cream puffs for their two non region games, they would be the only ones still in the tie-breaker with 8 total victories each. If you continue on down the tie-breaker chart involving these two teams, you want see any seperation until you get to number (3) which is "team whose opponents have earned the most victories"... With CA's win over FRA and their measly two victories (probably 3 after the east robertson game) this would give them the region championship. Even if you revert back to head-to-head after these two teams seperate from the pack with the total victories rule, CA still wins region because of their head to head victory over Collinwood.

That, my Moore County friend, is the way CA could indeed win the region. Granted, they need a ton of help, but it is not impossible yet. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

From the TSSAA handbook.

1. The team with the greatest number of victories.

2. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams winning 50 percent or more of their games.

3. The team whose opponents have earned the most victories.

4. The team whose opponents have received fewer defeats.

5. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams in its own class.

6. Ten yardline overtime procedure at neutral site Monday night at 7:30 P.M.

When 1 team of the 3 comes out on top then the other two spots are determined by who won their head to head game.

After thinking on this further, I believe MP, WC, and CA are the only three teams alive that have a mathematical shot at winning this region. CW can't win it is CA doesn't lose to MP and obviously if MP beat CA, MP would only have 1 loss.

that part isnt possible is it? what would it take to get collinwood in second place, and still have wayne county in 1st? wouldnt that include collinwood beating wayne county, and if that happened wouldnt mtp be in first?

I guess if we lose to CA maybe then CW could be 2nd? But with us beating MC, and didn't MC beat CW, I don't think it would happen that way either. Once you get past us and WC I don't know who beat who. Very confusing!