What is wrong with Stone Memorial?

PantherMa

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now i know some immature peple are gonna get on this post and say, oh they jst suxk or somethin like that. jst ignore them. localy people know we have the right boys and talent we jst, idk cant do anything, why is this?

I've heard that the players horse around on the sideline. Throwing the ball around, kicking into the net, etc. If that is true then it is obvious to me what the problem is.

PantherMa,

There are a few problems with why Stone isn't good. Now my boy graduated from Stone last year (I won't give his name, he may be embarrassed his dad is on a message board, apparently technology is beyond me). I know from a parents perspective what the problems might be

For one, I see a lack of discipline in the boys. The coaches might not have the intention of letting them goof off, but this leads to a lack of caring in the games. I remember last year my son directly telling me he was getting mad that nobody on the sideline was getting into the game. It's a team effort. This includes backups and freshman also.

As for coaching, I am not quite sure what the problem is. With the addition of the new coach (someone told me his name was Handlin? Hambling? Not quite sure), I have watched only one game and saw major problems in the defense that weren't even there last year. The Fulton game. It was absolutely terrible. This may be to lack of experience, as you have an all freshman line, and that may also be the coaches fault. The decision to have no one play both sides of the ball could have been an extremely smart move. With a large team. A team of 70 to 80 people, like Maryville or David Lipscomb, can support that kind of coaching move. But with a small team like Stones, It is an extremely dumb coaching decision. I support stone's coaches in every way but i completely do not agree with that decision.

Some players are equal in talent to other players in the region. Chris Pelfrey for example. The best kick returner I've ever seen, with maybe the exception of Fulton's. Chris Green is a fairly decent quarterback (heard about the concussion, i'll be praying for him). Why is Ben Dodd not play RB this year? He is more of an offensive player than defensive in my opinion. Very "jukey" guy. Not the fastest RB in the world, but last year and definitely the year before he got the job done, and done well, along with Howard and Pelfrey.

The weakness I see in the depth chart and where the losing games come into play, is the lineman and d lineman. Stone's line is extremely small compared to other teams in the region. And now with freshman starting the average line size has shrunk again. It's getting ridiculous. Also the receivers are a slight weakness, but this may be because of the decision to not throw the ball much.

I have more to say, but i don't want Stone players to get on here and look at my post and be discouraged. I have no problem with fans looking but once the kids get on they don't take people talking badly about them light heartedly. I have faith in stone for the future. Just give it time.

now i know some immature peple are gonna get on this post and say, oh they jst suxk or somethin like that. jst ignore them. localy people know we have the right boys and talent we jst, idk cant do anything, why is this?

There is a light at the end of the tunnel it looks

like this region will be busted up after this year.

when Stone started football a couple yers ago and

was placed in this region I knew it was going to be

tough for them. also IMO it takes little longer for

a new school to get where they need to in football

then it does other sports. once you have players

for 4 years going through weight lifting & conditioning

and playing under the coaches systemthats when you

will start seeing improvement : : /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

There is a light at the end of the tunnel it looks

like this region will be busted up after this year.

when Stone started football a couple yers ago and

was placed in this region I knew it was going to be

tough for them. also IMO it takes little longer for

a new school to get where they need to in football

then it does other sports. once you have players

for 4 years going through weight lifting & conditioning

and playing under the coaches systemthats when you

will start seeing improvement : : /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Good post! Good luck to Stone /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> ....well except for tonight! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Here is some observations from your neighbor to the south. Your coaches, including the new guy, know absolutely nothing about the game. I am sorry but they don't. I have watched this team a few times, and know some folks with kids on the team and the entire staff needs to go and start over. This team also has no discipline and they have not been worked. It is bad when as bad as Bledsoe was this year that you all lost to them and that they were in better shape and were stronger than you all. You may not want to hear that but it is true. I heard someone with a nephew playing for Stone (that is from Bledsoe) say in the stands "look at how little those boys arms and legs are". This is simply from not getting in the weight room and getting bigger and stronger. But those things will not come without the coaches doing their jobs. I know some are probably saying to let Davis go and make this new assistant the Head Coach. If you promote an assistant up that has been part of a losing program, you will only get more of the same. Look at any program anywhere and it will ring true. IF nothing else, take a note from our program, we had that done to us and look at what we have. The only win we had was against you all. Good luck with your program but if you want to fix it clean house the day after the season is over and start from scratch with some people that have winning traditions behind them.

Just my opinion, TALENT /sleep.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="-_-" border="0" alt="sleep.gif" /> Your not gonna compete against CATHOLIC, FULTON, AUSTIN EAST, KINGSTON, ANDERSON COUNTY. The talent cant compete against those schools. If they didnt play those schools they probably would win more games. Plus, it is still a young school. They will get better. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Dont' know much about your local area, but let me ask you this...How are your feeder programs? A successful football program does not begin at the high school level. Believe it or not, successful football programs actually begin at little league levels. Do you have little league coaches that are teaching fundamentals? basics? mechanics? There's not only the physical part, conditioning part, but also the mental part of the game. I know you all are relatively "new" at varsity football, is only why I ask. Good Luck and God Bless.

I know very little of Stone.... except for hearing their name..... One MAJOR issue that I know first hand is this.... As a Marion County fan, we were traveling to York yesterday. We stopped to eat at the Ichiban Restaurant in Crossville... while we were seated there, five or so, players came in to eat after school.... It wasn't as if they were coming in to eat as a TEAM, a couple were with their parents and the three that sat next to us were with their girlfriends...... I wouldn't have known they were Stone players...except that they had their game jerseys on..... One of my friends even made the statement that he now undestands why Stone is winless.... The one's that sat next to us were obviously not focused on the game... judging by the conversations they were having.....To me... this shows that the coaching staff has no discipline on the team. I have never been around a football team that the coach let the players leave school before the game.... I just thought that it was normal for teams to stay together and eat a pre-game meal.... I may be "old school", but to me coaches should keep the kids together after school on game night so that they can keep them focused.... Just an unbiased observation...

I know very little of Stone.... except for hearing their name..... One MAJOR issue that I know first hand is this.... As a Marion County fan, we were traveling to York yesterday. We stopped to eat at the Ichiban Restaurant in Crossville... while we were seated there, five or so, players came in to eat after school.... It wasn't as if they were coming in to eat as a TEAM, a couple were with their parents and the three that sat next to us were with their girlfriends...... I wouldn't have known they were Stone players...except that they had their game jerseys on..... One of my friends even made the statement that he now undestands why Stone is winless.... The one's that sat next to us were obviously not focused on the game... judging by the conversations they were having.....To me... this shows that the coaching staff has no discipline on the team. I have never been around a football team that the coach let the players leave school before the game.... I just thought that it was normal for teams to stay together and eat a pre-game meal.... I may be "old school", but to me coaches should keep the kids together after school on game night so that they can keep them focused.... Just an unbiased observation...

even at 1-9....our coachs do pre game meals and stay together before games.....i think your right PG...starts with unity