Giles Country vs Columbia Academy

PulaskiVol

A little surprised that this game has not been mentioned. Last night CA beat GCHS 2-1. CA went up 1-0 with about 20 minutes to go in the second half. GCHS answered on a penalty kick with 5 minutes left to tie the score 1-1. Defense dominated the overtime periods and CA won the shootout, 4-3. I really believe that these two teams will advance through the regions even though I am sure most on here would pick Franklin Page to beat GC. Anybody have any thoughts on the Giles County vs Page matchup?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Page is a strong team that knows how to get the job done. Page will win and advance to the regional championship. But do not be so quick to rule out Spring Hill in the other regional matchup. Although CA beat Spring hill 8-0 in their last match up, spring hill is playing much like they were at the beginning of the season when they beat CA 4-3. This will be a VERY good, VERY physical game, as neither team is too fond of the other , that could go either way.

Do you feel that Page is just that dominant of a team or are you going on past years? CA and Giles County are very evenly matched, and if you expect a tough game between CA and Spring Hill then you I assume you believe that Page is a notch above all three teams. What makes Page such a good team, what are their strengths and who are the players to watch? Do not be surprised if GC makes a game of it vs Page. GC has a Senior defender in Abby Aymett who plays very physical and is very tough to get past. She has spent the last 6 seasons playing Div. I soccer in Alabama and the last two with the Alabama 91 ODP. GC also has two other very tough defenders in Upchurch and Moody. Defense is solid. Page with have to dominate the midfield in my opinion to win this game. Scoring will be tough for them.

Well Here It Comes Round Four Of The Heavy Weight Bout Featuring Giles County At Columbia Academy. Thursday Night @ Columbia Academy, 7:00 Pm, For The Region 6 Crown. Should Be A Great Game, Hope The Referees Are In Good Shape Because This One Will Be Up And Down The Field All Night Long!! Good Luck To All The Girls And May They Decide Who Wins The Game, Not The Referees!!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The ref was bad for both teams the last time these two faced off. This is a huge game for both teams, winner probably avoids playing FRA next game. Should be a great game. I bet the folks in Franklin are a little surprised this morning. Giles County played very well to beat Page.

Wrong, the winner gets to host FRA. Very tough reward.

How were the refs for this game? I understand the last time these two teams met, the refs let things get out of hand and at least one girl was injured.

I thought the refs were pretty decent this game. It wasn't as physical this time as the last, although there were some tough collisions. Aymett and #9Crain (I think) had a huge collision toward the end of the game. This was a good game, GC scored early and then their defense just shut them down.