Camden at Waverly

papatiger

I think Waverly and SC should get out of the 1st round and possibly the second dependending on they way it plays out. Hoping Camden can get outof the second round this year./ With the hard fought games , both should be ready for the real season. Luck PAPA!!!

good luck to you guys too! we have to root for each other now. Unless we play again and wouldn't that be neat.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is much I would like to say but I'm just going to try and keep it short. A great crowd showed up, very good sportsmanship was displayed, Horrible officiating (Lots of words come to mind), hard fought game by both teams! The final score didn't really represent the whole game that was played.

I didn't really point out lack of calls because there were so many of them. Both sides. The Waverly coaches were in the box beside us screaming on several plays about Camden holding on the jet play that they run, allowing them to get to the corner. they weren't called. It was just poorly officiated both ways. Like I said, hats off to Camden the better team but Waverly is nipping at their heels. It's perhaps a 7 point difference in the two.

Hated to see either lose. It was one of the better high school games I've seen in a while.

Yeah, and the two plays where Camden's whole line was pulled down while Waverly completed passes? It was poorly officiated all the way, but in favor of Waverly about 4 to 1. How about the time clock? I've never seen a team that could run three plays at the end of a half and the clock only go from 20.8 seconds down to 20.3. You weren't watching the same pass interference call i saw. Camden's player had an easy touchdown (provided he didn't let it bounce off his chest) and the Waverly player knew he was beat on the play.

7 point difference my butt. We played a sloppy game with the refs on your side and beat you by two touchdowns. We are easily three touchdowns better. If we played five weeks in a row, you might have one game where you were within 7 pts, one like tonight within 14 pts, and the rest will be 21 or better. That being said, much improvement over last year and next year will probably have us biting our fingernails. Good luck the rest of the way. I hope you beat everybody but us.

even though we lost, i think we will still make the playoffs. the one bad thing i feel for the lions is that we exposed their lack of a pass defense. before everyone gets mad let me explain. even though their were interceptions they were because of some poor reads by the qb and receivers giving up on balls. on some othe interceptions their was a receiver wide open and the route was not seen. i think camden has an extremely talented team and if they shore up pass defense they should go deep into the playoffs. we all know that when we get to the private schools they will throw the ball alot and throw it well. good luck to a very good group of lions and let's go adamsville. hope this region can put four teams in no matter who they are. anybody know if hank jr. will be doing pre-game at henry county? might like to see that.

There is much I would like to say but I'm just going to try and keep it short. A great crowd showed up, very good sportsmanship was displayed, Horrible officiating (Lots of words come to mind), hard fought game by both teams! The final score didn't really represent the whole game that was played.

Great crowd? We talked about how empty the home stands looked. You could have put all the blue fans in the first two sections and filled the rest with all the black and gold that were standing up. I was surprised at how empty the stands were because it seemed like all the parking was used up. You could use some paved parking spaces there closer to the road when you first pull in.

Yeah, and the two plays where Camden's whole line was pulled down while Waverly completed passes? It was poorly officiated all the way, but in favor of Waverly about 4 to 1. How about the time clock? I've never seen a team that could run three plays at the end of a half and the clock only go from 20.8 seconds down to 20.3. You weren't watching the same pass interference call i saw. Camden's player had an easy touchdown (provided he didn't let it bounce off his chest) and the Waverly player knew he was beat on the play.

7 point difference my butt. We played a sloppy game with the refs on your side and beat you by two touchdowns. We are easily three touchdowns better. If we played five weeks in a row, you might have one game where you were within 7 pts, one like tonight within 14 pts, and the rest will be 21 or better. That being said, much improvement over last year and next year will probably have us biting our fingernails. Good luck the rest of the way. I hope you beat everybody but us.

you need to go crawl back under whatever rock you came out from under. heard the ad from waverly say that the clock keeper was actually from camden (no lie), he undoubtedly lives there. don't know if that means he likes you or not. from your viewpoint i guess that means he doesn't. you can talk all you want about how good you are because your team did win, but your rediculous if you think your 21 points better. go back and finish your band practice and get ready for next friday night.

heard the ad from waverly say that the clock keeper was actually from camden (no lie), he undoubtedly lives there. don't know if that means he likes you or not. from your viewpoint i guess that means he doesn't.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Did anyone get a count on the number of inadvertant flags tonight?

As far as whose "side" the officials were on I'm not sure how a person could definitively say the officials were one sided. In regards to the end of the 1st half the officials ran off 13 seconds in all on a route that ended in pass interference. I say in all in that after the official keeping the clock stopped the clock the head official had him start it again and ran several additional seconds off the clock after giving the signal. Saying .5 ran off in 3 plays is stretching, even for the crew there tonight.