Greenbrier @ White House

FootballAce

It was the first quarter. Anytime it is the first quarter and WH and GB are playing you put points on the board. Last year it was 14 to 14 and WH won it with time expiring with a field goal. I believe a couple of field goals were missed by both teams already. WH did play subs. Even Freshman were in the game. We will miss having GB in the playoffs. It is always good to see home teams in playoffs. Hope you quys have a good year rebuilding. GB fans were still classy last night even though they've had a bad year.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Win or lose, we're proud of our guys. I agree that Greenbrier really didn't have the pressure of years past last night. We already knew that White House was loaded but we still have to play what's scheduled. One of these games the Cats will have the depth they need to make that week 10 a surprise for the Devils.

On to next week Devils. May try to make the game, but think East Ridge may be a walk in the park. Will probably wait until you play DeKalb again to see how that one plays out. I'd like to see Hunter Poteete play again through more neutral eyes.

Bobcats need some work. While I liked the band's new song of "We're Not Gonna Take It", the Bobcats need to learn that same tune. But I've got a feeling 2009 will turn around. Great job defending the Brier though, guys. Let's win some on the road!

And last but not least....how bout' them Lady Cats??? Back to Back titles!!!!

Please telling me you are kidding with your statement above !!!! Instead of 21-0 at the end of the 1st quarter, we made it 22-0 and that is bad sportmanship? There are 3 quarters of ball to be played. If we had gone for 2 late in the 4th up 51-14, I'd have to agree with you. Not at the point in the game the 2-point conversion took place.

I agree, smart on WH part to force 4 scores on GB instead of leaving points on the table and allowing for a tie if it came to that. Not that it would have happened last night. Our boys played hard and gave their best, WH is just on a different level this year. Congrats to WH, hope you go far in the playoffs. If the weather is decent next weekend I'll be at the game...or maybe Jo Byrns haven't decided yet. Hold your heads up Bobcats, we'll be back.