Mcminn Central @ Howard

sportsman88

You are right, when it works it works, expecially against (no disrespect) the weaker teams in the region, but you cannot be one dimensional, especially against good teams like Central. You are also right about South Pitt, but if you recall, they also play in a weak region (they are still one of the best teams in the state regardless of class) and when they played a real good team (Tyner), they had to pass to win. Polk does not have the athletes SP has by far, but my point is this, use the games against weaker teams to try different things to help you against the better teams (Central, Howard, and playoffs). I believe Central is a team that can mix it up and that will help against 4a teams. I am not whining about a loss, Central flat out whooped Polk's butts. I also want to comment about the kicker, he is the best kicker I have ever seen in high school. It didn't even look like he was trying and that FG he made would have been good from 50 yards. One last thing and I will shut up, Central has a real good team, but more credit is being given to Coach Derrick than he deserves. This is not jealousy speaking either, he came into a team loaded with a super sophomore class with alot of talented young men. They deserve all the credit. Good luck to both Central and Howard this week and in the playoffs.

This is the best post on this thread. You were fair, encouraging. You didn't slander anyone or any team. And you actually talked about football. Thank you.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please keep your "gay" comments to yourself and not directed at my son!

Free country and all that - *kiss*

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Reading comprehension is required here - rubber balls are gay - I don't know your son to say either way.

Hey the kicker at Howards name is Eric McCollough who by the way is also a stud linebacker and a solid running back and he will get an offer so get it together. Oh yeah by the way he is a sophmore

According to you everybody from Howard gets a offer in every sport !!!!!!! Stop blowing so much smoke we know better /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> In case you have nt figured it out Howard doesnt have the best athletes in Chatt Town /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

According to you everybody from Howard gets a offer in every sport !!!!!!! Stop blowing so much smoke we know better /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> In case you have nt figured it out Howard doesnt have the best athletes in Chatt Town /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Howard will have to contain Ben Stiles off the edge...McCollough is a player..but I think McMinn Central's defense will be the difference...

Howard will have to contain Ben Stiles off the edge...McCollough is a player..but I think McMinn Central's defense will be the difference...

thats a whole lot easier said than done... Central's defense will be the difference... there are some big time players on that side of the ball

they have some dogs on defense.........I agree....Stiles has double digit sacks and over 90 tackles on the season..he is a force...I'm amazed he isnt getting recruiting attention...and he was all state as a soph....