Macon County vs Dekalb County

Maconrulz

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, you don't even know. I got to help out a little in the spring and got to know the program a little better. I've talked with coach trapp after every game this year and still feel a part of Tigers Football. I'm 2.5 hours away plus timezone change but still rooting you guys on. Tell Payne congrats on the golf state title for me.

Me and Willoughby say we hope everything is going well and you would have fit in well with our program.

Thank the Lord this is the last game of the season!!!!!!! I'm so sick of all the finger pointing and negativity!

Good luck tonight boys!! Play with heart!! I hope you seniors have a good last game!

Good luck Tigers...hope we get a win for the seniors last game....does anybody know what time the "senior nite" stuff starts??

Good Luck Macon! TC1

Thanks Smack....go easy on RBS...o.k.?

DeKalb County Wins Battle of the Cats at Macon County 35-7

October 30, 2008

by: Dwayne Page

The DeKalb County Tigers defeated the Macon County Tigers 35 to 7 at Lafayette Thursday night to conclude the regular football season at 8-2 overall and 4-2 in Region 4-3A.

DeKalb County will enter the TSSAA playoffs next week.

Macon County concludes the season at 1-9 and 1-5 in region play.

Neither team got on the board in the first period and the only score in the second quarter came with 24 seconds left before half time as Nick Lester caught a seven yard touchdown pass from quarterback Hunter Poteete to give DeKalb County a 7-0 lead after Zach Taylor converted on the P.A.T.

That was the half time score.

DeKalb County got the ball to start the third period and marched 75 yards for another score. Quarterback Hunter Poteete found Abram Edwards on a 24 yard touchdown pass play. Zach Taylor converted on the P.A.T and with 9:15 left in the third quarter, the Tigers led 14-0.

After stopping Macon County on a fourth down play at the DeKalb 12 yard line, the Black and Gold Tigers moved 88 yards in two plays to score their third touchdown of the night. Quarterback Hunter Poteete raced 63 yards on the first play in the drive and Matthew Lawrence went the rest of the way on the second play, scoring on a 25 yard touchdown run with 3:41 left in the third period. Zach Taylor converted on the P.A.T. and DeKalb County led 21-0.

That was the score at the end of the third period.

On the first play of the fourth quarter, DeKalb County scored their fourth touchdown on a nine yard quarterback keeper by Hunter Poteete. Zach Taylor converted on the P.A.T. and DeKalb led 28-0 with 11:54 left in the game.

After getting the ball back, the Tigers scored again, this time on a 24 yard pass play from quarterback Hunter Poteete to Abram Edwards. Zach Taylor converted on the PA.T. and DeKalb County led 35-0 with 11:25 to go in the fourth quarter.

Macon County finally got on the scoreboard with 3:28 left on a 22 yard touchdown pass play. The P.A.T. was good and DeKalb County's lead was cut to 35 to 7.

The final score was DeKalb County 35, Macon County 7.

great 2nd half for the tigers. they just dominated the MC tigers with 4 interceptions by JJ Herriot and 28 quick points. macon was obviously getting very frustrated because two of their players were ejected in the 2nd half for stupid personal fouls. o well who cares DC tigers dominated tonight and its nice to see them going into the playoffs at 8-2

Good Luck Tigers!!

c/o 09