Tenn AAU Schedule

tmarshall7

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey T Marshall, I havent seen the actual tournament list yet, but I do know that the Rebel Wresling club will be hosting 2 tournaments this year. One is on Feb 28th at Central High School and the other one is going to be held

at Sullivan South High School on March 14th.

These are the only tournaments that I am aware of except for the Early Bird Tournament at Blackman Middle School i think on November 1st.

Please add any other tournaments that we know about.

The schedule is posted on the new AAU Web site. Still waiting for final sites for a few of the events but the dates are set.

Also posted on, or will be posted on, the new site is the qualifications for the new TeamTN AAU Belt Series and Top 100 Tennessee Wrestlers Club.

i will find out the new address and post it here.

Here is the new web site address: www.tnaauwrestling.com

Also, some other news. Coach Darrel Lauderdale's Mom is not doing very well. Coach Lauderdale will be spending time with her to see her through these challenges. She has suffered a heart attack recently and this has led to a few more challenges that she is facing.

Contact info for those people who will be handling TeamTN AAU until he can fully return, will be posted on the web site as well.

Anyone with any questions concerning TeamTN AAU Wrestling can contact any of their Regional Directors or can contact Don Barnett or John Satterfield. their contact info is on the web site.

Here is the new web site address: www.tnaauwrestling.com

Also, some other news. Coach Darrel Lauderdale's Mom is not doing very well. Coach Lauderdale will be spending time with her to see her through these challenges. She has suffered a heart attack recently and this has led to a few more challenges that she is facing.

Contact info for those people who will be handling TeamTN AAU until he can fully return, will be posted on the web site as well.

Anyone with any questions concerning TeamTN AAU Wrestling can contact any of their Regional Directors or can contact Don Barnett or John Satterfield. their contact info is on the web site.

Our prayers go out to Darrel and his family.

We are having to make some adjustments to the Chattanooga (south) regions schedule due to some conflicts with basketball and other tournaments. I hope to have a completed schedule in the next few days. It looks as though the middle school state duals will be held Jan 17th at Cleveland. We were hoping to hold it on jan 10th but this conflicts with several big tournaments. Please let all middle school coaches know about this tournament.

When will TN wise up and just go completely with USA wrestling?

Personally I would love to see this happen. However, I won't knock what the group of people in the AAU is doing. The have put together a darn good product for the youth wrestlers here recently. My group is a chartered USAW group but virtually all my kids wrestle in the AAU as well as USAW and have competed in both locally and nationally (as most serious groups will do, head for the competition no matter where it is).

The biggest issue is not really the organization but the people. The folks running the AAU could just as easily do it under the USAW banner but have chosen not to. I am hoping one day that will change. One of the biggest challenges our state faces is very factioned and splintered youth seasons / groups. It really is all about the people and the volunteers!

I won't get long winded on this issue because I easily can but I do feel there are some big advantages to being involved with USAW vs AAU. However, I am glad that either group can put out a quality product, just would love to see them come together on some issues for the betterment of TN Wrestling.

Disciple, the question for you is what are you doing to strengthen either organization /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> .

Your question to wise up is an opinion on your part. AAU has done a great job at being a governing body for youth wrestling in Tennessee. In the past in my humble opinion USA backers here in the state have been all about FARGO! Who's going to Fargo? Well heres the diffrence, Youth wrestling - below middle schoolers. There are at least 7 AAU youth wrestling tourneys scheduled in middle TN alone. Most of which will have 250 to 350 wrestlers competing. At these tournaments most wrestlers get 4 matches. DO THE MATH. Where does the wrestling begin, at the youth level not High School. My question to you is why has USA failed. Why did FCI fail? I am not trying to hurt anyones feelings but lets not upset the apple cart. AAU is working. If you were at the PeeWee state tourney at Stone Memorial High last year you would have seen for yourself. Tennessee is more united with AAU than with any other wrestling governing body to date. Facts are facts. Prove me otherwise.

Why the conflict... just wrestle them both. The majority of USA wrestling in TN occurs in November and December for folkstyle. Freestyle and Greco run through the summer... AAU wrestling primarily takes place after the first of the year. Wow, two more months to wrestle and a myriad of other tournament opportunities... Why limit competition? Both organizations offer a great chance for young wrestlers. Additionally, isolating USA wrestling, in the end only serves to limit our Olympic candidates, for the obvious reasons. And if you are a true fan, or supporter aren't you being selfish? Share the sport, expand your horizons and see you in November??¦

There are many factors involved and I could write a book on the pro's and cons of each. For many years the Chattanooga area had our own league that was independent of both Aau and Usa. Many of our more involved kids and coaches would wrestle in the Usa tournaments (mostly Georgia) Fci and Aau tournaments. We decided as a group to help unify Tennessee and make the state stronger. We researched both organizations and after reviewing all the facts, for our area the Aau was clearly the most beneficial organization for us to join. There are many dedicated and well intentioned people involved in both organizations. A lot of our kids still wrestle in both organizations and will continue to do so. I am also all for helping our national teams as I have several people whom I consider friends that wrestle internationally. If you follow the national message boards there is quite a bit of uncertainty right now within the usa ranks on a national level. Many of our wrestlers play various sports year round. This is very expensive ,especially in todays economy and we felt that gained more value for our $ with the Aau than Usa. Please look at the costs involved, insurance coverage, cost for holding tournaments, state team opportunities for the younger wrestlers, and # and location of participants in Tennessee and you will see why we made the choice for Aau. I will say that this was based soley on the younger age groups (middle school and below). I feel that from high school and above Usa wrestling has a lot to offer. I urge you to look at all the facts as we did before making a statement as you did in the above post. It may be in your best interest to choose the Usa organization just like it was for us to choose the Aau organization. Here are the year end figures for the 2007 Aau wrestling season.

26 tournaments held in Tennessee

2 national tournaments with over 500 wrestlers from 17 states

28 teams in the Elementary National Duals in Kingsport tournament.

3506 Aau wrestlers in 2007. The majority of which are below high school age.