EHS @ BGA

Ensworth11

This has nothing directly to do with FB, but here is an interesting article in the national press on EHS.

http://www.portfolio.com/executives/featur...te-School#page3

Wow, 3yards, you consistenly find a way to mention MBA in a thread about EHS.

IF you read the article, you will see that the article is not about Ensworth.

It's also full of inaccuracies and omissions -- omitting, for example, that Ensworth High School was established primarily by MBA parents and graduates after years of research. It's co-ed. It's happy. It isn't trying to be MBA.

One true item was the mention that EHS, with a first graduating class of about 85 students, had one fewer National Merit Scholar than MBA had.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think that its bad he posted that article at all. Of course it does not directly pertain to the EHS BGA game but to say that it "has nothing to do with anything" is not correct (IMO). Lots of people get on here and just talk about issues related to schools they know absolutely nothing about. A number of times i have seen fans from other regions request info about ensworth or mba. Guy found an interesting article and thought people may like to know since Ensworth is part of the topic.

And he prefaced his post by saying he knew it had nothing to do with foot ball but it was interesting non the less. No need to jump down peoples throats.

Ensworth, statistically, should win the game but that was also the case last year when BGA played them extremely close. Does anyone know condition of Orleans or what the injury was in the first place?

Wow, 3yards, you consistenly find a way to mention MBA in a thread about EHS.

IF you read the article, you will see that the article is not about Ensworth.

It's also full of inaccuracies and omissions -- omitting, for example, that Ensworth High School was established primarily by MBA parents and graduates after years of research. It's co-ed. It's happy. It isn't trying to be MBA.

One true item was the mention that EHS, with a first graduating class of about 85 students, had one fewer National Merit Scholar than MBA had.

1) First of all, I didn't write the article. It is making the rounds in Nashville and was emailed to me. If it isn't factual, call your lawyer and sue for libel.

2) I am not an MBAer. The article is about EHS and MBA and the rivalry between them. Given that they may meet again in the playoffs, I think it has some application on this board although I stated in the 1st sentence that it is not about football.

3) You do not seem to be an impartial observer. While the top students at EHS may be able to compete with anyone academically, it is clear to everyone in the area (including me) that the bottom-tier student at EHS wouldn't have a hope at MBA.

I think Ensworth dominates BGA. BGA is so overrated. Their schedule is an absolute joke as a Div II school. Great wins over the likes of Davidson Academy and East Hickman have given the Franklin powerhouse a false sense of greatness. Yes, they beat Ryan in a very close game 7-3 (I think) and also beat a very bad Baylor team on a last second scoring play. Do I need to remind anyone that MBA beat Ryan 45-0, and EHS soundly beat MBA? Common opponents don't mean much I know, but if BGA stays within 21 points it is a "moral victory" for the Wildcats. Here is the results of the season:

ri Aug. 22 at East Hickman W 48-20

Fri Aug. 29 Davidson Academy W 35-28

Fri Sep. 5 Father Ryan R W 7-3

Fri Sep. 12 Ezell-Harding W 55-21

Fri Sep. 19 at Briarcrest Christian W 35-21

Fri Sep. 26 at Pope John Paul II R W 56-21

Fri Oct. 10 Baylor R W 24-21

Fri Oct. 17 at Brentwood Academy R L 6-28

Fri Oct. 24 at Knoxville Webb R W 21-13

BGA has a great QB, but they need several years of playing a winning with a stronger schedule to be considered a serious "player" in DII.

everyone always brings up BGA's schedule.. i mean yes they dont hav the toughest schedule but neither does ensworth.. and if you really look at it BGA was usually picked to lose alot of the games that they won like baylor, father ryan, briacrest, etc... But i think it will be a good game with BGA's passing vs. EHS's running... Looking to see alot of points

Well, to be fair, Ensworth hasn't played many good teams either. It will be funny crashing Ensworth back to earth in the playoffs when they realize that they've played 6 teams with losing records. Yes, 6 teams: father ryan, warren county, pjpII, st. benedict, stone memorial, and knox webb. CPA at 6-3 hardly counts as difficult either.

EHS had extremely close wins over MBA and McCallie earlier in the year. I pick EHS, but BGA will catch EHS in coast mode. It will be closer than EHS will expect. In my opinion EHS is on the same level as BA and MBA at this point. BA and MBA will bring it bigtime around playoff time.

Ensworth, statistically, should win the game but that was also the case last year when BGA played them extremely close. Does anyone know condition of Orleans or what the injury was in the first place?

Darkwa has been practicing this entire week and is definitely going to play. It was an injured knee and I do not know where people got that he would be out for eight weeks or even the season. He is getting better and better and should be close to 100 percent by playoff time, barring any injuries thursday.

On another note, isnt this game on tv? If so, what channel?

Well, to be fair, Ensworth hasn't played many good teams either. It will be funny crashing Ensworth back to earth in the playoffs when they realize that they've played 6 teams with losing records. Yes, 6 teams: father ryan, warren county, pjpII, st. benedict, stone memorial, and knox webb. CPA at 6-3 hardly counts as difficult either.

EHS had extremely close wins over MBA and McCallie earlier in the year. I pick EHS, but BGA will catch EHS in coast mode. It will be closer than EHS will expect. In my opinion EHS is on the same level as BA and MBA at this point. BA and MBA will bring it bigtime around playoff time.

This does not include last week's games but BGA's schedule was actually very similar to EHS's based on quality wins and opponents records.

If BGA were to beat EHS then:

"Depending on how their earlier opponents fare tonight [last Friday] and next week, BGA would have 3-4 wins over teams .500 or over. Ensworth would have 2 or 3 wins over teams .500 or over.

MBA could have anywhere from 4 to 7 wins over teams .500 and over.

EHS opponents are 44-45 so far. BGA's 45-46. MBA's are 52-39."

BGA would actually win the tiebreakers with EHS based on strength of schedule.

For what it is worth, EHS and BGA have only 2 common opponents despite being in the same region.

Ryan: BGA won 7-3 in a downpour. EHS won 38-25 but trailed with 2 mins to go.

Webb: EHS won 24-7 BGA won 21-13 but trailed in the 1st half.

EHS has signature wins over MBA and McCallie.

BGA over Baylor and Briarcrest. BGA's only loss was to BA 28-6.

I have to go with EHS.

By the way, Hawaii Smurf, I picked EHS to win this game so I am not sure what your beef is.

Oh, I think I do know a little bit about it. By the way, vulgarity is a sign of ignorance.

I seriously doubt EHS would have any chance at all without #3 and #10.

Ensworth TDs this season: 39

TDs by #3 and #10: 35 (90%)

Rushing Yds by EHS: 2756

Rush yds by #3 and #10: 2283 (82%)

Passing Yds by EHS: 1010

Passing yds by #3: 828 (82%)

#3 and #10 seem to be 4/5 of the EHS offense.

The rest of the team may contribute in their own way, but the statistics don't lie-- I didn't start this, just responding to an unwarranted attack.