Bruceton/ West Carroll

CENTRALTIGERFAN

YOu know P&G, Union city should not even be playing west carroll, bruceton, gleason, greenfield.....my gosh, you got 5 hotels, 10 or more fast food restaurants, a Lowes, a super center wal mart and you want to run us down. You need a grip dude.....go back to playing Milans, Humboldts, martins, USJ and the Huntingdons and see how far you get. Every school has pride.....Us small towns arent like Union City...we'll see how far you "storied" program takes you in the playoffs.

Union City plays who the TSSAA tells them to. They didn't put themselves in the region, the TSSAA did. What are you gonna say next year when you have to play Huntingdon in the regular season? Is it fair? Doesn't seem so but that is a reality of West Tennessee. Your medium size towns are shrinking because of jobs leaving the area. Without jobs there aren't families and kids to keep the student count up. Sad but true.....

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Union City plays who the TSSAA tells them to. They didn't put themselves in the region, the TSSAA did. What are you gonna say next year when you have to play Huntingdon in the regular season? Is it fair? Doesn't seem so but that is a reality of West Tennessee. Your medium size towns are shrinking because of jobs leaving the area. Without jobs there aren't families and kids to keep the student count up. Sad but true.....

Believe me...Me and lot of other UC fans wish we were still in AA playing those big games against Milan,Westview(We still play them but have lost quite a few in a row...Was a time they couldn't beat us and didn't),Huntingdon and those folks...I miss the great atmosphere and going into those hot-beds of West Tn high school football....But the enrollment is what it is and the Tornadoes play where they are placed...Most folks don't realize that even when we so good in AA we were always one of the smallest teams in the classification..You never heard UC fans belly-aching about having to compete with the teams on the upper end of the AA enrollments...

Believe me...Me and lot of other UC fans wish we were still in AA playing those big games against Milan,Westview(We still play them but have lost quite a few in a row...Was a time they couldn't beat us and didn't),Huntingdon and those folks...I miss the great atmosphere and going into those hot-beds of West Tn high school football....But the enrollment is what it is and the Tornadoes play where they are placed...Most folks don't realize that even when we so good in AA we were always one of the smallest teams in the classification..You never heard UC fans belly-aching about having to compete with the teams on the upper end of the AA enrollments...

There were some classics in the late 80's/early 90's.

In 1989 Milan gave up 12 points in the entire regular season. Union City scored 9 of those in a 14-9 loss.

Union City has always been a tough game regardless of the classification level they were in.

West Carroll wins 45-20 but i will have to say this is one of the WORST officiating crew i have witnessed on the field in many years. Even the officiating supervisor was at this game. One word: Horrible!!

congrats to coach fronabarger and good luck to the Tigers next year. Hold your head up guys....../smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

horrible aint the word. that was by far one of the worst games i have ever seen as far as officiating. how do you blow a play dead when the guy whos got the ball is running to the end zone. congrats to west carroll. and the tigers will be back. you can count on that. 8 returning starters on both sides of the ball. everyone will be suprized on how far they will come in the off season. GOOD LUCK GUYS. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

When did West Carroll reach "storied" status as a football program??....

Why would anyone expect a good officiating crew??...Two 0-9 1A schools playing each other??...Really??

P/G IT SHOULDNT MATTER WHAT THE RECORD OF A SCHOOL OR BOTH SCHOOLS ARE EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE GOOD REFS WHO KNOW THE RULES AND CAN CONTROL THE GAME. ITS BEEN THIS WAY ALL YEAR FOR US EVEN DURING THE BRUCETON U/C GAME. I COULD TELL YOU THINGS ABOUT THAT GAME THAT WOULD BLOW YOUR MIND ABOUT SOME CALLS. EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE THE SAME QUALITY OFFICALS. THAT CAN CHANGE THE OUT COME OF MANY GAMES.

P/G IT SHOULDNT MATTER WHAT THE RECORD OF A SCHOOL OR BOTH SCHOOLS ARE EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE GOOD REFS WHO KNOW THE RULES AND CAN CONTROL THE GAME. ITS BEEN THIS WAY ALL YEAR FOR US EVEN DURING THE BRUCETON U/C GAME. I COULD TELL YOU THINGS ABOUT THAT GAME THAT WOULD BLOW YOUR MIND ABOUT SOME CALLS. EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE THE SAME QUALITY OFFICALS. THAT CAN CHANGE THE OUT COME OF MANY GAMES.

YOU ARE PREACHING TO THE CHOIR BROTHER.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Whats your problem, P&G, just cause your in the playoffs and region champs , you have to trash a couple of programs while there down. I said 2 storied programs because not long ago Bruceton was whipping everyone insight and I remember several years ago West Carroll was beating Camden and most every one else. It might have been awhile back, but some of us still remember.

Purple & Gold doesnt even realize when he's trashing the small schools. Its just his way of feeling superior, kind of like the big bully syndrome. If you are not from Union City then get ready, your trashing is coming. He doesnt know how to say something positive about an opponent. Purple & I have been discussing this issue for years so I know how you feel. Your wasting your time arguing with him.

Purple & Gold doesnt even realize when he's trashing the small schools. Its just his way of feeling superior, kind of like the big bully syndrome. If you are not from Union City then get ready, your trashing is coming. He doesnt know how to say something positive about an opponent. Purple & I have been discussing this issue for years so I know how you feel. Your wasting your time arguing with him.

That's hilarious.... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> ...Dr.Phil

Let me ask you the question Greenfieldfan.....Do you consider West Carroll,a program that has been in existance since 1985,a storied program??.....Do you think the people responsible for assigning games to officials are going to put their best crew at a game involving 2 0-9 1A programs??

Purple,

Why would you even comment on that, you just like to bash people. West Carroll has had some very good teams and yes I would say Bruceton is one of the most storied teams in west Tennessee. Ever heard of Patrick Willis? Who else has a NFL Rookie of the Year in west Tennessee? Why dont you just stick to your Union City threads and quit bashing.

Bruceton will be back. They have some young talent and some kids that play with alot of heart. They did finish 0-10, but they worked just as hard as any other team in the 100 degree temperatures and they are all winners because they did not quit.

P&G i get on here every week listen to you run your mouth.Westcarroll in 2005 9-2 record both loses coming to a very good jcs team got as high as ranked #2 in the state. Chancy depriest led the whole state in interceptions not just 1a and in 2004 they had a 8-3 record with Shane depriest rushing for over 1600 yards and 21 touchdowns so dont run westcarroll like they have always been an easy win!

P&G i get on here every week listen to you run your mouth.Westcarroll in 2005 9-2 record both loses coming to a very good jcs team got as high as ranked #2 in the state. Chancy depriest led the whole state in interceptions not just 1a and in 2004 they had a 8-3 record with Shane depriest rushing for over 1600 yards and 21 touchdowns so dont run westcarroll like they have always been an easy win!

Never said they never had any good teams did I??..No I didn't.. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Look back if you want to...You won't see it...

Five or six good years does not make for a storied program.... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I don't think you can actually hear me...I think you look at the screen and see the words..But there is one way to solve that problem...Don't look... /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Peace brother...