USJ, A force to be reckoned with this year?

baseballordie

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to agree that they may be a surprize this year. The offense will have to be run different from last year but EJ Miller is a great ball handler and sees the floor very well. They have a new freshman that is about 6'3" that is getting some attention--smart player very dedicated to the game. Coach Russell knows how to use his talent to get the most.

I look for them to at least make the playoffs.

I tend to agree that they may be a surprize this year. The offense will have to be run different from last year but EJ Miller is a great ball handler and sees the floor very well. They have a new freshman that is about 6'3" that is getting some attention--smart player very dedicated to the game. Coach Russell knows how to use his talent to get the most.

I look for them to at least make the playoffs.

If the football team makes it to the second round (and they should).......not sure if they even have enough players to start the season??????

simple... no way! everything went through tosterick. martindale was big for them but wasnt he a sr as well? and even if not he cant do it alone

Agreed.... Outside of Torstrick USJ, wasn't that good last year. They compete against some mighty athletic teams in Haywood, North Side, Covington, Ripley, and Fayette Ware in their District. I see USJ finish in the cellar or possibly in front of Ripley.

Agreed.... Outside of Torstrick USJ, wasn't that good last year. They compete against some mighty athletic teams in Haywood, North Side, Covington, Ripley, and Fayette Ware in their District. I see USJ finish in the cellar or possibly in front of Ripley.

If Im not mistaken Haywood graduated all 5 of their starters and USJ was in every game with North Side last year, whose only force is Casey Prather. E.J. Miller is a great point guard. John Ross Glover, an up-and-coming freshman, is a beast.

If Im not mistaken Haywood graduated all 5 of their starters and USJ was in every game with North Side last year, whose only force is Casey Prather. E.J. Miller is a great point guard. John Ross Glover, an up-and-coming freshman, is a beast.

i could be wrong but i just dont see it. You are also forgetting about the martindale kid who was their other major threat. in that district i dont see them doing well at all. we played em twice last year and it was a one man show and as far as freshman be "beast" they are still waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay outmaned against the teams in that district who have freshman "beast" sitting the bench behind sr, jr, and so. beasts. plus at all the other spots USJ will be severely out athleted. As far as coaching Russell is a very good one who get a lot from what he has so it could play somewhat of a factor, but "a force to be reckoned with?" little too strong a language for this case.

i could be wrong but i just dont see it. You are also forgetting about the martindale kid who was their other major threat. in that district i dont see them doing well at all. we played em twice last year and it was a one man show and as far as freshman be "beast" they are still waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

a

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

a

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay outmaned against the teams in that district who have freshman "beast" sitting the bench behind sr, jr, and so. beasts. plus at all the other spots USJ will be severely out athleted. As far as coaching Russell is a very good one who get a lot from what he has so it could play somewhat of a factor, but "a force to be reckoned with?" little too strong a language for this case.

Well I guess we'll see when the season comes. And by the way the freshman was listed as the #3 prospect at a recent Vanderbilt University showcase.

a

a

There are two Martindale's.....but you are exactly right. The one that contributed last year was a Senior. The other was a sophomore and although a very good athelete, will not carry this team. With the entire recieving core of the football team on the Bball team, unless they start awarding points for passes caught, this will be a long year for the Bruins. They do have a lot of young talent and should use this opportunity against far better teams to get better and try to be a little more competive in D2 in coming years.

By the way, ordie, if you read the fine print of the ranking you are talking about.....they are in alphabetical order. He (you?)happens to just be third on that list by name.

In my opion, last years team probably had the most talent they have had in years......and you see how that turned out in this district. Play hard, learn and get better....but I wouldn't be fueling the fire this year. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

To say they were not very good last year is not really true. They were 11-1 with a victory in Christmas tournament in Mississippi, against similar size schools. It was when we hit district with schools 3 times our size that we went 0 for whatever. If we had been playing in Class A last year, I really feel like we would have made it deep into the tournaments. The multiplier killed us more in basketball than it does in football....just the facts, but thankfully it will not be a discussion after this year.

There are two Martindale's.....but you are exactly right. The one that contributed last year was a Senior. The other was a sophomore and although a very good athelete, will not carry this team. With the entire recieving core of the football team on the Bball team, unless they start awarding points for passes caught, this will be a long year for the Bruins. They do have a lot of young talent and should use this opportunity against far better teams to get better and try to be a little more competive in D2 in coming years.

By the way, ordie, if you read the fine print of the ranking you are talking about.....they are in alphabetical order. He (you?)happens to just be third on that list by name.

In my opion, last years team probably had the most talent they have had in years......and you see how that turned out in this district. Play hard, learn and get better....but I wouldn't be fueling the fire this year. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

The 2005-2006 team was pretty good. Didn't they finish second in the district that year? That team would have been very good had Brad Brown not moved away before school started.

Either way, it sounds like they'll be in good shape when they move to D2.