Cookeville @ Warren Co.

Nitro14

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

95 you maybe right but w.c. has not played the caliber of teams in the last 4 yrs that they played 10 yrs ago and by the way in the last 4 yrs our playoff record is 0-4..the fans and people and players deserve better...with a loss to cookeville and a loss in the 1st rd of the playoffs which i hope dont happen is totally unacceptable..a 3-8 record is nothing to brag about..all of our coaches are outstanding people one is no better than the other..add the numbers of the last 4 seasons and if that is what we call pioneer football and everybody can stand it well good luck and best wishes cause we will need it

Let's hear from you ax. What do (or don't) you have to say about tonights game?

If we take care of the ball I see us winning... although it will be a close one WC 21 Cookeville 14

You win the cookie for guessing the closest! Great game for the pioneers. Probably the best all round game I've seen them play all year. now for my game summary (better do this before I go to bed and deam it up differently).

Pioneers came out stong in the first half. I think Cookeville only hade the ball three times and maybe got i first down in all of that. WC defense did really good. I was really suprised Cookeville didn't try to pass a lot more than they did. WC put together a good time consuming ground game and drove about 60 or so yard on their second possession to go up 7-0. At one point WC had the ball 1st and goal on the 7 but a couple of penalties and a good Cookeville defense put them back and the Pioneers come up about 10 yards short on a FG attempt. Cookeviile looked good on offense starting the second half but it was stopped by an interception by Mr. #51 of WC. WC had to punt anter the interception and a wide snap recovered by the new punter on the 2 (he should have kicked it out the back of the end zone) gave Cookeville the ball on the 2. They stick it in and the score is now tied at 7-7. Most of the fourth quarter was played inside of Cookeville's 40 as Warren county tries to score but turns the ball over a couple of times. On the last one with just a couple of minutes to go Henegar (I think) of Cookeville grabbed the ball from the WC runner as he was about to go into the end zone. WC's defense played great all night but especially in the 4th. Anyway - final after 4 was 7-7. WC scores on the first OT play by a run up the middle by Mr #34 (Morgan Wilcher - kind of a game hero for WC tonight). 14-7 WC. Cookeville FINALLY goes into the spread offense and on the third down play I think it was they scored. Cookeviile almost missed the PAT - but got it - 14-14. Cookeville gets the ball and get to third and inches. Two attempts up the middle are stopped COLD by the pioneers and WC gets the ball back. 1st play - Wilcher for 8 years up the middle. 2nd play Wilch up the middle for the TD. WC wins 20-14. First time since 1992 Warren Co beats Cookeville.

BTW, I thought Cookeville was flat tonight. I think they are probably better them what they showed us (maybe they though they had 2nd place wrapped up . . . .so why show anything for that region 4 bunch.)

ON TO THE PLAYOFFS!!!!

Anyone who was at that game got to see a special effort tonight by WC .Dominating the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.Good work by the coaches ,and players.WC Looked hungry from start to finish.Im going to tip my hat to the OLINE.Tonights play was something special and it just proves you have it in you.

GREAT EFFORT BY ALL!!

What the @#@$%^&*@#$% happen?

I bet Jerry Josslin could tear a lead pipe in two tonight

Growing up in Manchester and as a Red Raider fan I was embarrassed when we lost to Warren County, as a former Cookevillian I am ashamed... having said that good win Warren County, best of luck next week.

The two QB system isn't working for Cookeville. Defences are reading it like a book. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

The two QB system isn't working for Cookeville. Defences are reading it like a book. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

AMEN Jimbo, we have been saying that for the last two years now. Hennigan is a much better receiver and needs to stay there. Spend some more time developing one QB and maybe you can run more than 3-4 plays. Salada is a workhorse, but you have to let him breath at some point between Offense and Defense. Who runs a handoff on 4th and a chain link? The boys came up playing flat for 48 min last night, but this loss lays more on offensive play calling than anything. With the strong defense that Cookeville had all year, they sure could not stop a strong running dive from WC. It only took one series to see the WC center was telling the defense exactly which side the play was going. He came up pointing to one side and the play went opposite 9 of 10 times. WC coaches need to talk to him about that, but if the defense is not seeing it anyway, oh well. Cookeville better bow up or we are one and done in the playoffs.

congrats on the big win to the PLAYERS AND COACHES i think the whole def is the mvp of the game,and i'll be there for the playoff game. we can beat anybody if our mindset is right and prepared.

GREAT GAME /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Good game last night WC you wanted it more. As far as Cookeville goes, they just have been down ever since the MUS game. Cookeville can beat anyone in the state as proven early in the year but right now they could lose to anyone in the state too, as proven last night. Taking nothing away from WC because they played great, but Cookeville scored twice down there in the second OT. I was standing on the goalline. Its ashame refs get away with that. It doesn't bother me but it hurts the players when a ref makes those types of calls.

Anyways back to Cookeville's two quarterback situation. I don't think it has hurt Cookeville. Both qb's run the Offense well and both can make plays.

Jimbo how are the Defenses reading it like a book? I'd like to know.