3. Lewis County, 9-0, 159, 3

4. Camden, 8-1, 137, 4

5. University-Jackson, 8-1, 110, 5

6. Boyd Buchanan, 8-1, 102, 6

7. Gatlinburg-Pittman, 9-1, 77, 8

8. Westmoreland, 8-1, 66, 9

9. York Institute, 7-2, 17, 7

10. Marion County, 7-2, 16

Others receiving 12 or more points: 11, Stewart County 14.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From dnj.com:

Record, Points, Previous

1. Alcoa (18), 8-1, 198, 1

2. Milan (2), 9-0, 176, 2

3. Lewis County, 9-0, 159, 3

4. Camden, 8-1, 137, 4

5. University-Jackson, 8-1, 110, 5

6. Boyd Buchanan, 8-1, 102, 6

7. Gatlinburg-Pittman, 9-1, 77, 8

8. Westmoreland, 8-1, 66, 9

9. York Institute, 7-2, 17, 7

10. Marion County, 7-2, 16

Others receiving 12 or more points: 11, Stewart County 14.

How is Marion behind York after they just BEAT them down 34-0 /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

This is the sorriest one I've seen yet???? Where are CPA-Goodpasture? those two teams are better than #3-#whatever. AND Stewart Co. still receiving votes? what a joke. simply coacht fodder useful for nothing more.

CPA-GP better than # 3 ? I dont think so. They maybe 7th at best dont downgrade teams you think you might be able to beat you might have a chance to prove it on the field. I love it when people come on here thinking they should be higher than almost any public school because of a name both of these teams CPA-GP can be beat by any of these teams.

CPA-GP better than # 3 ? I dont think so. They maybe 7th at best dont downgrade teams you think you might be able to beat you might have a chance to prove it on the field. I love it when people come on here thinking they should be higher than almost any public school because of a name both of these teams CPA-GP can be beat by any of these teams.

Don't even bother bumpngo, if we want all these guys' respect we just have to go earn it. Chances are we will see one or both of those teams in the playoffs and we will have to prove it then. I think it is absolutely crazy that at least CPA isn't on this list, but its hard to discount the teams that are on the list. Hard to say who should be out and who should be in. The writers should do a little more research that is for sure. Goodpasture may historically deserve to be on it, but if Lewis County had lost three games and squeeked by several others, I wouldn't expect them to be in the top ten.

I am glad to see Camden where they belong in the top five finally, they are a very good football team.

it simple really...look at Goodpasture's schedule. I would venture, being the realist that I am, that the Panthers would be ooh...4-5 with the same schedule, not 9-0. Lewis county is Great, please do not misunderstand. They DO belong in the top 5. and I think Camden is a Great team, though I think LC is much better this year.

I've said before in other posts that I want nothing more than to see the privates get their rightful beat down from the county boys, but is naive not to look at strength of schedule.

it simple really...look at Goodpasture's schedule. I would venture, being the realist that I am, that the Panthers would be ooh...4-5 with the same schedule, not 9-0. Lewis county is Great, please do not misunderstand. They DO belong in the top 5. and I think Camden is a Great team, though I think LC is much better this year.

I've said before in other posts that I want nothing more than to see the privates get their rightful beat down from the county boys, but is naive not to look at strength of schedule.

Lewis would go 4-5 huh, wow. What would Fairview's record be if they had to play the ABC's schedule? Lets look at the schedules shall we:

Goodpasture (6-3)

Game 1: Goodpasture 14 Ravenwood 7, 1st Game of the year, GP is starting a freshman QB, cramps all over the place and they beat a DECENT at best 5A team. It is impressive nonetheless. Ok by your terms LC would lose this game to R'wood, right? I don't agree but for arguments sake lets say they do, ok LC Panthers 0-1

Game 2: McGavock 42 GP 21, Again another 5A school, and a middle of the pack one at that. Don't believe me, look at their record and their opponents record. I guess fviewallday thinks this is another LC loss, again I am a self-admitted homer but I don't think so - if it was a loss it would still be close. Ok, for arguments sake LC Panthers 0-2

Game 3: GP 19 FRA 13. The Panthers would beat FRA by as many as they wanted IMO. LC Panthers 1-2

Game 4: Division II Pope John Paul II 20 GP 14. PJP has a 3-7 record (against stiff competition granted, but still 3-7) Again, in my homer opinion - the Panthers win. LC Panthers 2-2

Game 5 - both teams have beaten Ezell-Harding, Panthers shut them out - GP gives up 35 to them. LC Panthers 3-2

Game 6 - Lipscomb 26 GP 7. Understandable loss, don't think the Panthers would be able to beat DL - they seem to be loaded for yet another 3A state championship. LC Panthers 3-3

Game 7 - GP 42 East Robertson 16. East Robertson is way down this year. Panthers would also handle them. LC Panthers 4-3

Game 8 - GP 28 DCA 14. LC would beat DCA IMO - don't think you would find many that would disagree with that. LC Panthers 5-3

Game 9 - GP 28 Coffee County 14, Coffee will finsish the season 2-8, I seriously doubt the Panthers would have much trouble with them. LC Panthers 6-3

Game 10 - GP ? CPA ? I think it would be a coin toss between LC and CPA. So In My Opinion - LC finishes the season playing Goodpasture's schedule 7-3 - maybe 6-4. But DEFINATELY not 4-5

defensive much???? can't a guy have an opinion? I think Fairview would no doubt be 3-7 with that schedule(4-6 at best) but Fairview is not in the top 10 in the state, thus not warranting mention in this conversation of the deferences between GP and LC

I'm going to hold tight with my call on this one. LC beating PJP is a stretch, a long one. and I think that Coffee Co. would be a tough test, could go to LC in a squeaker. I would like to know the in-and-outs of the FRA game, which seems to be the only blemish on their record (much like the Lewis near miss vs. Mt. Pleasant)

even still you've proven my point for me. You've said that Lewis Co. would have the same record as Goodpasture or worse with the same schedule. Thus you think GP and Lewis county should be tied at #3 in the top 10, right????????

defensive much???? can't a guy have an opinion? I think Fairview would no doubt be 3-7 with that schedule(4-6 at best) but Fairview is not in the top 10 in the state, thus not warranting mention in this conversation of the deferences between GP and LC

I'm going to hold tight with my call on this one. LC beating PJP is a stretch, a long one. and I think that Coffee Co. would be a tough test, could go to LC in a squeaker. I would like to know the in-and-outs of the FRA game, which seems to be the only blemish on their record (much like the Lewis near miss vs. Mt. Pleasant)

even still you've proven my point for me. You've said that Lewis Co. would have the same record as Goodpasture or worse with the same schedule. Thus you think GP and Lewis county should be tied at #3 in the top 10, right????????

Its hard not to get defensive when every thread you see that even so much as mentions LC says that they would get beat by 50 if they played anybody at all. C'mon fvad, I understand if you want to say PJP would beat us - thats understandable I guess. But you really think 2-8 Coffee would play us tough? Excactly how bad are we in your eyes? One minute you call us great and hope we beat the ABC's this year and the next you say 2-8 teams can play with us and sound like GP and CPA's biggest fan. You are entitled to your opinion, but I don't have to agree with it and can call you on it - just as you can for me.

And I am not denying that GP and CPA very well could and should be in the 2A top ten, so yea I proved your point while proving mine. We are both winners! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I think a 5A 2-8 team is at worst an 8-2 2A team personally (strictly IMO based on their ability to draw from a larger athlete pool).

Besides that I started on this thread simply to point out an opinion that I thought GP/CPA based on watching each team this season were better than any of the schools in the top 10 sans the top 2.

And We are in agreement then, a red letter day for a Panther and Jacket fan....listen for trumpets them hit the deck

I think a 5A 2-8 team is at worst an 8-2 2A team personally (strictly IMO based on their ability to draw from a larger athlete pool).

Besides that I started on this thread simply to point out an opinion that I thought GP/CPA based on watching each team this season were better than any of the schools in the top 10 sans the top 2.

And We are in agreement then, a red letter day for a Panther and Jacket fan....listen for trumpets them hit the deck

CPA and GP should be at least 4 and 5. Maybe even higher. I guess we'll find out in the 1st and 2nd rounds of the playoffs. I'm a realist...Camden and USJ are good football teams and even though they play tough schedules, it is nothing like CPA and GP's schedules. As far as LC goes I haven't seen them, but like I said the 1st and 2nd rounds will tell that tale.