District 11AAA

CHSAlumni

scores for 12/2

Ravenwood 52 Smyrna 58 (is this a joke? They beat Ensworth by 30! Ravenwood now 2-4. OUCH)

Centennial 60 University Heights 54 (Kelly 29pts. Cent. 5-2)

Hillsboro 66 Brentwood Academy 65 (McMillan 24 Hills. 3-0)

Brentwood 64 Kenwood 53 (Teichmann 30 BHS 3-3, back on track)

Independence 67 Page 56 (IHS 5-2??? Shocker Early On)

Hillwood 36 Stratford 48 (Hillwood 1-3. May have a Shot at beating someone finally in the district)

Overton 64 Siegel 83 (Siegel is too good. Overton 3-2)

so records right now.

Hillsboro 3-0

Franklin 3-1

Independence 5-2

Centennial 5-2

Ravenwood 2-4

Overton 3-2

Brentwood 3-3

Hillwood 1-3

upcoming games

12/5 Hillwood vs. Pearl-Cohn

12/4 Hillsboro vs. Maplewood

12/5 Brentwood vs. Nasvhille Central Christian

12/5 Independence @ White Coutny

12/5 Overton @ Oakland

12/5 Ravenwood @ David Lipscomb

12/5 Franklin vs. Mount Juliet

Franklin will also host McGavock on Thursday Dec 4....

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Independence will need to be reckoned with in district play. They've found a new down low presence in 6'6 freshman David Howard. 18 points 12 rebounds and 9 blocks against Page. He was unstopable the first half. And when the doubled him, carden turned it on for a quiet 17 points. While the score may have been 67-56 it could've been a lot more had the starters been left in longer than they had.

Independence will need to be reckoned with in district play. They've found a new down low presence in 6'6 freshman David Howard. 18 points 12 rebounds and 9 blocks against Page. He was unstopable the first half. And when the doubled him, carden turned it on for a quiet 17 points. While the score may have been 67-56 it could've been a lot more had the starters been left in longer than they had.

key words "against page"

not really a big deal for the freshmen. Great he put up 18 and 12. But just wait until he is going up against the like's of Haddix, McMillan, Kelly, Teichmann and so on. He will probably have a rough time against all the d-11AAA teams except for Hillwood.

His accomplishment should not go unrecognized. However you are right the competition at the schools before mentioned is much better than that of Page High. Time will tell.

we are all surprised by the rebels losing but they are in no way a bust. they will get better as the season progresses and they get key players back. i do not think they are as good as they have been in the past but they are still the best team in the district. haddix is improving rapidly but is nowhere near an "unstoppable force".... a top 10 player in the league at best.

Hey Einstein. Look at the Big Boys numbers and tell me who has stopped him thus far in the season. Yes, he will be stopped I'm sure, but up to this point he has been an unstoppable force. When he gets the ball he usually scores or gets fouled. That would be an "unstoppable force". Thank you and have a good day.

Game averages of the "Big Boy" James Haddix: 18 points, 11 boards. 3 blocks, and 67% FG Shooting

not really a big deal for the freshmen. Great he put up 18 and 12. But just wait until he is going up against the like's of Haddix, McMillan, Kelly, Teichmann and so on. He will probably have a rough time against all the d-11AAA teams except for Hillwood.

I never said it was a big deal, just bringing up a point. I'll try not to be optimistic about my team next time since Franklin is all mighty and Haddix is the best thing since sliced bread.

Franklin Dominates McGavock 69-47:

Could have been worse, but Jay Johson may be the classiest coach I have ever seen. He clears the bench pretty early and doesn't go "urban meyer" on people and run it up.

Once again big man James Haddix was all over the place. The 6'8 C had 18pts 10rebs and 5 blks. Michael Young added his usual 16 pts. Sophomore Jake Little started because of another Franklin "ankle" injury to starter Austin Pace. He had 7, and sophomore Debrelle Mclemore had 11. He hit 3 threes. The surprise this week was seeing that Hillsboro beat Maplewood. Is D-11-AAA better than D-12AAA this year?

The Rebels are now without Pace, Glover, and Starnes..... 4-1 is not too bad!

I never said it was a big deal, just bringing up a point. I'll try not to be optimistic about my team next time since Franklin is all mighty and Haddix is the best thing since sliced bread.

Now your taking things the wrong way, have fun with it. Haddix is good, more like a loaf of bread, not sliced.

Thought we were talking about basketball here? Why are we talking about bread? Big Boy has come a long way and has worked awfully hard to get to this point. Both Coach Johnson and his AAU coaches have talked to James for several years about what would happen if ever put everything together and kept working. I am very happy for James, because he is a great kid who wanted to play well and play a lot.

Franklin Dominates McGavock 69-47:

Could have been worse, but Jay Johson may be the classiest coach I have ever seen. He clears the bench pretty early and doesn't go "urban meyer" on people and run it up.

Once again big man James Haddix was all over the place. The 6'8 C had 18pts 10rebs and 5 blks. Michael Young added his usual 16 pts. Sophomore Jake Little started because of another Franklin "ankle" injury to starter Austin Pace. He had 7, and sophomore Debrelle Mclemore had 11. He hit 3 threes. The surprise this week was seeing that Hillsboro beat Maplewood. Is D-11-AAA better than D-12AAA this year?

The Rebels are now without Pace, Glover, and Starnes..... 4-1 is not too bad!

Yes, 11-AAA is much better than 12-AAA this year, Maplewood is there best and they are not as good without Cantrell who is now concentrating on football. Hunters Lane is pretty good and Stratford could be your darkhorse on that side with additional players becoming eligible following the first semester.